Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

On 6/22/2016 at 6:28 PM, Kuzzter said:

There may be a reason you haven't seen any Imperial Command pilots other than Val. I'd imagine that that profession has a very short life expectancy given the usual Kerbulan path to promotion.

Or it could be that you don't have to be a pilot to be the commander?  That is, after all, more of a middle-management position not calling for highly developed psychomotor skills, but for sound judgment and quick decision-making.  So surely there are "command scientists" and "command engineers" ?  After all, Gene Kerbulian is a "command coffee-drinker" :)

On 6/22/2016 at 6:28 PM, Kuzzter said:

It was not long ago, I saw a note from KasperVld somewhere. I was disappointed when I found out it was just acronyms, I was kind of hoping there would be an automatic link here whenever someone said 'Kerbfleet'. You think they'd do a demystification of KSMC? :D 

Kerbfleet's Simple-Minded Crew?

Kerbal Society's Misguided Children?

While we wait for the next update I thought the following chart might be useful:

WHO (in Kerbfleet) KNOWS WHAT ABOUT THE KERBULANS:

Kerbulus exists! ...and it's Inhabited! ...by murdery
murderers...
...who are mirrors
of Our Heroes...

...and are on
the way
to Jool to destroy
Intrepid! 

Gene and Wernher X X X X  
Val and Dilsby X X      
Kenlie and Lisa X X X   X
Everyone Else X        

Edited by Kuzzter

Gene really should have told Kenlie and Lisa about it. Not Val. 

I think I can name the planets! 

Planets!
Moho The hot planet
Eve The purple planet
Gilly The small moon
Kerbin The other planet
Mun The larger moon
Minmus The smaller moon
Kerbulus Kerbulus
Num (not found by kerbin yet) Num
Ninmus (not found by keen in yet) Ninmus
Duna The red planet
Ike ???
Dres Unknown to Kerbulus (Kenlie suggested hiding there, so to them Dres doesn't exist)
Jool The green gassy planet
Laythe The air moon
Vall The ice moon
Tylo The gray moon
Bop The kraken moon
Pol The pollen moon
Eeloo The ice planet

Think that's all the planets? I just took guesses... Yay?

9 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Ah, but why would he think of that? Gene has no idea that Kenlie and Lisa know anything at all about the Kerbulans. Nor do Val and Dislby know they know! Likewise, Kenlie and Lisa don't know what Val and Dilsby know, or what Gene and Wernher know. Such a Shakespearean web of incomplete information and potentially tragic misunderstanding! 

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

I think I can name the planets! 

Planets!
Moho The hot planet
Eve The purple planet
Gilly The small moon
Kerbin The other planet
Mun The larger moon
Minmus The smaller moon
Kerbulus Kerbulus
Num (not found by kerbin yet) Num
Ninmus (not found by keen in yet) Ninmus
Duna The red planet
Ike ???
Dres Unknown to Kerbulus (Kenlie suggested hiding there, so to them Dres doesn't exist)
Jool The green gassy planet
Laythe The air moon
Vall The ice moon
Tylo The gray moon
Bop The kraken moon
Pol The pollen moon
Eeloo The ice planet

Think that's all the planets? I just took guesses... Yay?

Ike: The Lumpy Moon

Dres: The Big Asteroid

?

Keep up the good work Kuzzter! I am new on this forum, but I have read you graphic novels. They are so action-packed! Also, Kerbulans have a lot of facial hair!

Edited by Wildcat111

9 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Keep up the good work Kuzzter! I am new on this forum, but I have read you graphic novels. They are so action-packed! Also, Kerbulans have a lot of facial hair!

Hey Wildcat, I like your location (CV-6) very much :wink: We may yet see KV-6 again in the comic, so keep reading! 

F5bYyfQ.png

3u3injX.png

lICTbBU.png

f2M3SOZ.png

Joolcomm Express is on the way! No cheats used, no windows planned--we are 'kicking down the door' with 16,000 m/s delta V on the pad. Basically I got it in Kerbin orbit and burned prograde/radial until its trajectory lined up where I wanted it--that burn alone was over 5 km/s. 

So, when will the Joolcomm arrive? And what about Intrepid... and Despair? We'll find out! Next update (or maybe the one after), the Intrepid enters Jool SOI!

OK, I spent three years in Germany in the army, and not once do I remember seeing Sauerkrautstrudel...  thankfully!!!   :D

Almost fell over myself laughing at the strudel list.... very good!

9 hours ago, Wildcat111 said:

Are seriously stationed on CV-6?  I salute you! 

Well!

Things are moving along very quickly, I see.  Sounds like our anticipation will be rewarded soon.

The Joolcomm Express is quite the ship!  I'm a fan of ships with 'moar dV'.  :)

I hope events at the end of the suspense don't kill anyone.  Just sayin'.

Thanks again, Kuzzter!

Happy Concerned Nervous Anxious landings!

I have this strange feeling that Gene will end up starting a Strudel-Unternehmen with Kenlie, but I'm not sure why. Anyone have some ideas?

And for all our non-German-speaking readers, the list of strudels is:

Apple Studel
Quark cheese Strudel
Nut Strudel
Sour cherry Strudel
Poppy seed Strudel
Cherry Strudel
Banana Strudel
Lung Strudel
Sauerkraut Strudel
Milk cream Strudel
Meat Strudel
Raisin Strudel

Hmmmmmmm.

I notice that the screenshots are strategically lit so as to hide the actual payload. Maybe our smooth-faced friends will be picking up a helpful package out there sometime soon.

9 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I notice that the screenshots are strategically lit so as to hide the actual payload. 

Not intending to be quite so mysterious :) Here's a better look at the payload from an earlier 'simulation':

NWqexP5.png

Probe will separate from the last LV-N stage once in Jool orbit. It has RCS, an RTG, batteries, and lots of antennae :) 

4 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Not intending to be quite so mysterious :) Here's a better look at the payload from an earlier 'simulation':

NWqexP5.png

Probe will separate from the last LV-N stage once in Jool orbit. It has RCS, an RTG, batteries, and lots of antennae :) 

What are thoses 4 things on the 4th stage?

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Actually, I think they're expendable fuel tanks.

Correct :) 

By the way, this thread has now passed Eve: Order Zero to become the second-most-viewed thread in all of Mission Reports! It's also the most-replied thread, by a sizable margin. (Mostly because I've written a few hundred pages and we're STILL not at Jool, but anyways...) Woo hoo! Thanks everybody for those clicks and eyeballs!

Just now, Kuzzter said:

By the way, this thread has now passed Eve: Order Zero to become the second-most-viewed thread in all of Mission Reports! It's also the most-replied thread, by a sizable margin. (Mostly because I've written a few hundred pages and we're STILL not at Jool, but anyways...) Woo hoo! Thanks everybody for those clicks and eyeballs!

Hey, as you like to say, it's your story, and you like telling it your way. We seem to like it!

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I'm trying to catch up... lol...  :sticktongue:

But seriously, congrats!  And don't stop writing!  :cool: