Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 20--...I mean, there's empty cockpits like all over the place.

Mister Dilsby

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Let's do this.

Bravo!  How much did she end up weighing on the pad?

Anyway, "Kraken bless this ship and all who sail in her."  

BTW, if you've ever seen a real commissioning ceremony, the crew really does sprint aboard..

@Kuzzter I am speechless. This... this is so awesome no words can describe it.

I'd imagine you'd have to steer clear of the occasional Kraken every once in a while, so godspeed to you, sir! *clink*

I'm just hoping the wing-Kraken from D,OB doesn't make a comeback in another form... dun dun DUN!!!

22 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Bravo!  How much did she end up weighing on the pad?

Anyway, "Kraken bless this ship and all who sail in her."  

BTW, if you've ever seen a real commissioning ceremony, the crew really does sprint aboard..

Thanks! 2615t on the pad, 506 parts, 1.6M kerbucks. No, I have not seen an actual ceremony. Very interesting that the crew sprints aboard--we do it the opposite way in Kerbfleet, of course. Jeb and Melbe were actually running off the pad, towards the SPH and out of the blast zone :) 

15 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

@Kuzzter I am speechless. This... this is so awesome no words can describe it.

I'd imagine you'd have to steer clear of the occasional Kraken every once in a while, so godspeed to you, sir! *clink*

I'm just hoping the wing-Kraken from D,OB doesn't make a comeback in another form... dun dun DUN!!!

Thank you! Wow, the wing-kraken! That seems a long time ago. Well, like the Admiral said, we don't know what waits for them in Jool SOI, but if the kraken does strike--or the space beet--at least we have three engineers aboard to spam F5!

8 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Are you positive Mort is alright? Knowing him, he's probably suffering from severe cardiac arrest. :D

They had to reboot him a few times.

16 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Thanks! 2615t on the pad, 506 parts, 1.6M kerbucks. No, I have not seen an actual ceremony. Very interesting that the crew sprints aboard--we do it the opposite way in Kerbfleet, of course. Jeb and Melbe were actually running off the pad, towards the SPH and out of the blast zone :) 

Big ship :)

So the group shot was stunt doubles while the actual crew for the actual launch was already aboard?

2 hours ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Are you positive Mort is alright? Knowing him, he's probably suffering from severe cardiac arrest. :D

Well, maybe that wasn't the only available bottle of 'Valve Click-O" bubblyzine available. He most likely started in on that stuff right after Wernher gave him the 3MM figure :) 

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

So the group shot was stunt doubles while the actual crew for the actual launch was already aboard?

Ermmmm... no, not  exactly. The five crew you see on the bridge are the only ones on Intrepid at present. Jeb and Melbe are running to the Skimmeroo because they'll launch in that and join Intrepid in orbit. The rest will come up in the other landers and support craft. 

I thought about making a mobile gantry for Val and the others to get onto the bridge, but then said "You know, enough is enough," shot the rest of the scenes, recovered everyone, rolled out again and T Z spacebar. :) 

41 minutes ago, CommanderSpock said:

"Oh myyy..." Is that a Sulu reference I spy?

A George Takei reference indeed, so yes :D 

Edited by Kuzzter

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Ermmmm... no, not  exactly. The five crew you see on the bridge are the only ones on Intrepid at present. Jeb and Melbe are running to the Skimmeroo because they'll launch in that and join Intrepid in orbit. The rest will come up in the other landers and support craft. 

Ah.  Somehow I missed that part.  So there's still a lot of docking and such to go.  Hopefully the frame rate won't get apprciably worse.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm guessing a retrofit with panels with IVA controls would be a bit late at this point? Cuz I figured out how to read the props and make static parts out of them. :)

Nice! I've been trying to design a system where you can create pressurized compartments, and the crew will wear IVA suits inside, but I have the disadvantage of having next to no modding skills.

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm guessing a retrofit with panels with IVA controls would be a bit late at this point? Cuz I figured out how to read the props and make static parts out of them. :)

Never too late, as long as the new panels are the same part as the old :) But if not, no worry--we have something to look forward to for the next ship!

3 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Nice! I've been trying to design a system where you can create pressurized compartments, and the crew will wear IVA suits inside, but I have the disadvantage of having next to no modding skills.

Don't tell anyone, but I sort of cheated to make a "pressurized" compartment. There's a value in the Texture Replacer config file @Default.cfg to let you change the minimum pressure at which kerbs can wear their IVA suits. I just set mine to zero:

// Minimum air pressure required for Kerbals to wear their IVA suits on EVA.
  atmSuitPressure = 0

So yes, they could certainly jump out a hatch in their IVA suits and float in vacuum happily... I just won't do that :) 

1 hour ago, Commander Zoom said:

By pure coincidence (or not?), the theme for Star Trek: First Contact started playing in my shuffle just as I opened this thread.

Awesome. The background music here was the "metal" version of the KSP theme and a selection of Irish jigs that Kuzz Jr. had on shuffle. :D 

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Never too late, as long as the new panels are the same part as the old :) But if not, no worry--we have something to look forward to for the next ship!

Or, you could install KIS and send up a supply mission...

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Don't tell anyone, but I sort of cheated to make a "pressurized" compartment. There's a value in the Texture Replacer config file @Default.cfg to let you change the minimum pressure at which kerbs can wear their IVA suits. I just set mine to zero:

atmSuitPressure = 0

So yes, they could certainly jump out a hatch in their IVA suits and float in vacuum happily... I just won't do that :) 

I remember helping you figure that out.  I'm glad it's being put to use.  :)

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

atmSuitPressure = 0

Awesome. The background music here was the "metal" version of the KSP theme and a selection of Irish jigs that Kuzz Jr. had on shuffle. :D 

Very cool. Actually the plasma screens won't change, I was going to create new panels that have various flight controls on them. :)

Bwahahaaaa! Continuing...

hOHVrtl.png

Whbf5K7.png

yofDXyb.png

yPPPAN2.png

BzHhacQ.png

Yes! Took about forty minutes of real time. There's 2800 dV left in the tanks and I even have a few tons of oxidant left over to run the vernor RCS system. Now we'll get all the life support systems spooled up and prep the hangar deck--Skimmeroo is next. 

Edited by Kuzzter
conn-->helm