Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 26--Welcome to Laythe! Population: [ 2 ]

Mister Dilsby

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Did Dilsby just sarcasm?

We won't really know until he tastes her noms bourguignon, will we? 

33 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Krysler building? I was just at the (Kerbulan) Empire State building yesterday.

Awesome ship, btw. It just gets better and better!

Thanks! Ah, you missed me by a bit, we're going to NYC at the end of the week. Yes, the other Intrepid is on our list of sights :) 

19 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, how much crawfish and, more importantly, Tabasco, Zatarain's, and Tony Chacere did you pack?  Otherwise, it'll be a very long trip even with a French chef :D

Hopefully if Bill can synthesize ethanol from ore, Bob can grow caspaicin in a greenhouse...but come to think of it, given that the greenhouses are directly between the main bank of LV-Ns and the fission reactors, any peppers they grow there will be pretty "hot" regardless. :) 

3 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

How so? I don't think any eveidence exists showing what kind of french Clauselle speaks...

I guarantee you couldn't place her dialect anywhere in the real world based on the kind of French I write. 

But I think Dman may have been referring to the style of food to which Geschosskopf alluded--Tabasco and crawfish don't show up in French cuisine per se, but they are a vital component of the cuisine of certain French-speaking parts of the US where a man might have to have a standing policy on what to do about venomous snakes on his property.

8 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

How so? I don't think any eveidence exists showing what kind of french Clauselle speaks...

Yup, Kuzzter nailed it. Even took the words right out of my post.

Edited by Dman979

14 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I guarantee you couldn't place her dialect anywhere in the real world based on the kind of French I write. 

But I think Dman may have been referring to the style of food to which Geschosskopf alluded--Tabasco and crawfish don't show up in French cuisine per se, but they are a vital component of the cuisine of certain French-speaking parts of the US where a man might have to have a standing policy on what to do about venomous snakes on his property.

Ahh ! La Louisiane française ! Il's un dialecte tous il's propre!

Clauselle doit avoir vécu dans les domaines de Kerbin cajun?

Edited by GDJ

33 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

gumboflower.jpg

Ça c'est bon, ça!

54 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Clauselle doit avoir vécu dans les domaines de Kerbin cajun?

Well no, I never meant her to be a Cajun. It's just that my French is so terrible that whatever version she speaks isn't one found among actual human francophones. :) Canonically, all we know is that she went to L'Ecole Polykerbique, which would tend to indicate the author's intent that she's from some analogue of continental France. 

Melbe's home, on the other hand, might at least neighbor 'Kajun' country. We've never established where she learned to speak French Frankais, and of course her particular dialect of Kerblish is indicative of certain areas of the United States where large hats are worn and trucks are driven for sport. In all honesty, the only reason she (canonically) can speak French is that I once did a Marseillaise/tricolor gag and I needed someone with a blue speech balloon to be able to translate for Clauselle. :) 

1 hour ago, Starhawk said:

I loved Val saying 'This is sooo COOOOL!'.  Her expression matches perfectly.

Thanks! My daughter made the same comment, and I told her that sometimes I write the dialogue first and try to get an expression that matches, but sometimes it happens the other way around. This panel was one of the latter kind :) 

35 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well no, I never meant her to be a Cajun. It's just that my French is so terrible that whatever version she speaks isn't one found among actual human francophones. :) Canonically, all we know is that she went to L'Ecole Polykerbique, which would tend to indicate the author's intent that she's from some analogue of continental France. 

Or Canada. École Polytechnique is a school in Montréal. 

YEAH, We have the Kerbal version of Roberta Bondar on board! This is sooo COOOOL! (as Valentina would say).

canadian_zps566ee18b.png

;)

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

gumboflower.jpg

Ça c'est bon, ça!

Ohhhh Tré Bienne mon ami!

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, Scotius said:

Is that a pot of gumbo? Looks very impressive :) Certainly better than potatoes with ketchup LOL.

Yup, nominally seafood gumbo, although there's also some sausage and no telling what other types of critters mixed into the brown muck.  It's usually best not to ask what's in gumbo :D

Just now, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I wonder.. it would be nice is thy managed to make some snow and had maple syrup... tire sur la neige mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now you're making  me hungry..... :)

1 minute ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

#CanadaIsActuallyPrettyCool,AmIRight?

Darn right! We can make dessert from water crystals and stuff from a tree.

We're good.

25 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Whoop, sorry to burst the happy bubble, but I just remembered something. May I remind everyone of the effects of the Kappa-Kerbfleet crossover? 90 days, and they'll be gone!

pretty sure klenlie fixed that when he reset the monolith. either that or that's when the kermulans come into play