Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 26--Welcome to Laythe! Population: [ 2 ]

Mister Dilsby

6 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

There are far worse things in life than La Grange :D

Somehow, I knew you would find that. La Grange is a song. La'Grange's is an ethanol substitute on Kerbin-Mun L1. (See D, OB!)

BTW, Frank Beard is the only one without one.

Edited by Dman979

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Somehow, I knew you would find that. La Grange is a song. La'Grange's is hell on Kerbin-Mun L1.

Well, I'm from Texas and when I lived there, I played guitar heavily influenced by the Reverend Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.  ZZ Top was at that time nicknamed "the little ol' band from Texas" and was pretty much a national (as in Republic of Texas) icon.  La Grange is a small town in Texas conveniently far enough away from the major metropolitan areas but still close enough (by Texas standards) to drive to for a night out.  The town was made nationally famous by the Broadway musical "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas".   And that's what this song is about.  So like I said, there are worse things in life than being condemned to La Grange :D

4 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, I'm from Texas and when I lived there, I played guitar heavily influenced by the Reverend Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.  ZZ Top was at that time nicknamed "the little ol' band from Texas" and was pretty much a national (as in Republic of Texas) icon

Would it sadden you to know that in my head the name of that band sounds like Zed Zed Top?

Happy landings!

p.s. I know it saddens me.

Edited by Starhawk

Just now, Starhawk said:

Would it sadden you to know that in my head the name of that band sounds like Zed Zed Top?

Not in the least.  I speak a horrible patois of Texan, Tex-Mex, and Cajun, so how can I be offended by the languages others speak?

2 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Not in the least.  I speak a horrible patois of Texan, Tex-Mex, and Cajun, so how can I be offended by the languages others speak?

I just wish it sounded better.

It's like the love seat/recliner in my living room that my wife and I call the 'La Zed Boy', just for fun.

Happy landings!

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Minmus Flats I'm not too worried about. For Bop or Pol... well, finding a flat spot big enough is what the Gumdrops are for :) If it comes down to it though, of course I can shuttle using the Qwammer. Anyway, the attemped Minmus landing is the Very Next Thing for me to do!

No, I think you'll be landing Pol on the Intrepid, not the other way around.

13 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

No, I think you'll be landing Pol on the Intrepid, not the other way around.

Not quite, but pretty damn close enough for Kerbfleet standards. Gilly, on the other hand, might have her orbit shaken a bit.

19 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Not quite, but pretty damn close enough for Kerbfleet standards. Gilly, on the other hand, might have her orbit shaken a bit.

I've been wondering. Which is more massive, a fully-fueled Intrepid or Gilly?

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Fully fueled (which, Kraken willing, will be happening shortly) Intrepid masses in the same range as a Class-E asteroid.

As massive as... a Class-E?! :0.0:

Be careful around Bop, Pol, Gilly, or even Minmus... you might shake up their orbits a bit too much...

Last teaser, or maybe this is a very slow live stream.

xVNSLUq.png

At the instant I click 'submit'...range to surface, 168. Speed, 2.4. All hands, this is the Captin--prepare for landing! That means YOU, Mister Nimzo!

Edited by Kuzzter

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Teaser:

4 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Last teaser, or maybe this is a very slow live stream.

At the instant I click 'submit'...range to surface, 168. Speed, 2.4. All hands, this is the Captin--prepare for landing! That means YOU, Mister Nimzo!

Cool! We're watching at the same framerate as Kuzzter is!

Edited by Dman979

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

You know, I just reread the last set of comic pages and I have a feeling a bit like you might get watching your kid grow up and expand their horizons.

Hmmm! Interesting! Which part? Dilsby taking command? Bob's purple bippy? "General Order 34"? 

42 minutes ago, Andem said:

OMG the crossover!!! EmikoKappaFleet Confirmed AAAAAAHHGGG FANGASM OVERLOAD!!!!!

Ha! Glad you found that, better late than never :D 

33 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Cool! We're watching at the same framerate as Kuzzter is!

It can be excruciating--but I did have a bit of an unplanned event during and was grateful for the extra time to react :)  When there isn't an active emergency I find that a physics warp of 3x makes things a little more tolerable.

20 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Hmmm! Interesting! Which part? Dilsby taking command? Bob's purple bippy? "General Order 34"? 

Well, Bob's 'bippy' should be red, for obvious reasons.

As for 'General Order 34'' all I can say is that 'One day your kids will inevitably grow up and learn things that you'd rather they didn't learn but you know that they have to learn.'

I'm sure that made things clearer. :)

Happy Concerned landings!

Edited by Starhawk

9 hours ago, NotAgain said:

What's PBI?

I should have said PBS, Planetary Base Systems, by @Nils277,. The habs and science lab come from there also.

And now, without further commercial interruption--the attempted landing on Minmus, to its thrilling conclusion!

ZMfjwzu.png

Yh6ZIEA.png

n5Jacl6.png

kZYrxAB.png

S7i5oyA.png

Zb3L4L0.png

Aa3b0Sl.png

:D:D:D:D:D

So it was actually even a little more exciting than this. About 20 meters off the deck the Qwammer's engines cut out unexpectedly! I haven't checked yet to see whether they ran out of LF or OX. But anyway, the slow framerate gave me plenty of time to enable the two forward ventrals and save the ship. I have no idea what the thrust angle was when I did that, but it was low enough that I could slow down from over 3 m/s to my target landing velocity of 0.5 and not tilt too much (and this explains why the back wheels touched down first.)

Well, if you were one of those who said it couldn't be done--turns out, it could :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I should have said Planetary Base Systems, bu @Nils277,. The habs and science lab come from there also.

And now, without further commercial interruption--the attempted landing on Minmus, to its thrilling conclusion!

:D:D:D:D:D

So it was actually even a little more exciting than this. About 20 meters off the deck the Qwammer's engines cut out unexpectedly! I haven't checked yet to see whether they ran out of LF or OX. But anyway, the slow framerate gave me plenty of time to enable the two forward ventrals and save the ship. I have no idea what the thrust angle was when I did that, but it was low enough that I could slow down from over 3 m/s to my target landing velocity of 0.5 and not tilt too much (and this explains why the back wheels touched down first.)

Well, if you were one of those who said it couldn't be done--turns out, it could :) 

I am amazed that you landed that thing.  It's huge!  Awesome!

EDIT:

In before @Starhawk!