Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

Just a bit more info:

There's a point where the clouds appear in the transition between map view and game view, but then disappear 

The point at which the clouds load in is 160km. This corresponds with the final altitude point of scatterer, which leads me to believe that scatterer has a role in the issue

8 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Just a bit more info:

There's a point where the clouds appear in the transition between map view and game view, but then disappear 

The point at which the clouds load in is 160km. This corresponds with the final altitude point of scatterer, which leads me to believe that scatterer has a role in the issue

if it is scatterer I have no way to solve the issue untill the mod will accept mm patches

Just now, Sigma88 said:

if it is scatterer I have no way to solve the issue untill the mod will accept mm patches

I am aware. Just thought I'd update you as to prevent you wasting resources on an issue out of your hands :) 

9 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

and this issue does not occur without SD?

It appears to occur without SD too :blush: thanks for walking me through the debug process. Let me check to see if it's a problem with an EVE install. I'll get back to you. Sorry about this

2 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

It appears to occur without SD too :blush: thanks for walking me through the debug process. Let me check to see if it's a problem with an EVE install. I'll get back to you. Sorry about this

it was an old EVE bug it has already been solved. I would have mentioned it earlier but I was talking about the same bug on another thread and must have got confused :D

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

it was an old EVE bug it has already been solved. I would have mentioned it earlier but I was talking about the same bug on another thread and must have got confused :D

Ah right I see :D Well, seeing as it's nothing to do with SD, I will be quiet :P

On another note, have you considered compatibility with other mods such as Antenna Range?

Just now, MrMeeb said:

Ah right I see :D Well, seeing as it's nothing to do with SD, I will be quiet :P

On another note, have you considered compatibility with other mods such as Antenna Range?

antennarange and remote tech are coming in the next release ;)

5 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Just a bit more info:

e point at which the clouds load in is 160km. This corresponds with the final altitude point of scatterer, which leads me to believe that scatterer has a role in the issue

I wouldn't think it's scatterer, 160 km isn't a coincidence, it is the altitude at which PQS unloads.

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I wouldn't think it's scatterer, 160 km isn't a coincidence, it is the altitude at which PQS unloads.

We've decided it's a bug to do with EVE, and I thought it had something to do with the line between PQS and ScaledSpace. Is there anything significant about the area between 55km and 160km tho?

36 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

We've decided it's a bug to do with EVE, and I thought it had something to do with the line between PQS and ScaledSpace. Is there anything significant about the area between 55km and 160km tho?

PQS starts being transparent at that range, and slowly fades out until completely transparent and then disappears. Not sure if it starts at 55 or 70km though.

13 minutes ago, blackrack said:

PQS starts being transparent at that range, and slowly fades out until completely transparent and then disappears. Not sure if it starts at 55 or 70km though.

Every planet has a different altitude.

I don't know why EVE was having problems with those, but for sure it has nothing to do with my mod ;)

On 2/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, Sp4C3M0nk3Y said:

I skimmed through the thread before posting but could not find a fix to the "Cannot warp while vehicle is under acceleration" while in orbit.  I have stock KSP with just this mod with dependencies and the only setting I changed was the:

SigmaDimensions

{

Resize = 6.4

Rescale = 6.4

Atmosphere = 1

dayLengthMultiplier = 1

}

On 2/24/2016 at 9:08 AM, Sigma88 said:

try this one:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		%Properties
		{
			%inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 10000
		}
	}
}

I've played several days using this patch...I currently have the ThresholdAltitude set to 91000, but I'm not sure what stock Kerbin's atmosphere scales to...I would just set it to that value.

Edit: @Sp4C3M0nk3Y, if you're not rescaling the atmosphere as well I think you could probably set that number to 70000.

Edited by MainSailor
Stuff and things

17 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

I've played several days using this patch...I currently have the ThresholdAltitude set to 91000, but I'm not sure what stock Kerbin's atmosphere scales to...I would just set it to that value.

the default value of the thresholdaltitude for almost all bodies in stock KSP is 100000

the only exception that I remember right now is jool which has 1000000

I think you can safely bring down that number, but I have the feeling you should never be in atmospheric flight or landed while above that threshold.

in these days did you ever encountered the "cannot timewarp" bug?

I am still trying to figure out the best way to mathematically edit that number :)

12 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

the default value of the thresholdaltitude for almost all bodies in stock KSP is 100000

the only exception that I remember right now is jool which has 1000000

I think you can safely bring down that number, but I have the feeling you should never be in atmospheric flight or landed while above that threshold.

in these days did you ever encountered the "cannot timewarp" bug?

I am still trying to figure out the best way to mathematically edit that number :)

I haven't had the issue again but I haven't yet to other planets with an atmosphere...I think in UL, Eve's atmosphere might be higher than that and I have yet to test.

So at least in Kerbin's orbit I haven't seen the bug since I added & tweaked your config. :)

1 minute ago, MainSailor said:

I haven't had the issue again but I haven't yet to other planets with an atmosphere...I think in UL, Eve's atmosphere might be higher than that and I have yet to test.

So at least in Kerbin's orbit I haven't seen the bug since I added & tweaked your config. :)

Nice

I think it's safe to assume that the issue was stemming from that parameter being scaled too much. I will try rescaling it using the atmosphere variable instead of the resize one

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

Could you give me an example?

I'm not sure

Well, I don't know how the stock resources (ore) are applied. If they're applied to a preset scaled planet, then all the ore would be far too deep underground in a scaled up system. I'm not able to check right now, it was just a thing I was pondering 

Just now, MrMeeb said:

Well, I don't know how the stock resources (ore) are applied. If they're applied to a preset scaled planet, then all the ore would be far too deep underground in a scaled up system. I'm not able to check right now, it was just a thing I was pondering 

the only resource I know is ore,

IIRC ore is distributed on the surface using a "density" map (think like the biome maps define biomes)

so it doesn't matter how much you change the size of the planet, ore will always be on the surface.

Just now, Sigma88 said:

the only resource I know is ore,

IIRC ore is distributed on the surface using a "density" map (think like the biome maps define biomes)

so it doesn't matter how much you change the size of the planet, ore will always be on the surface.

Awesome :)