Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

OPM...

OPM should work fine, could you post the settings you are using? so that I try to reproduce it?

But there is probably some problem unrelated to SD because I've used it with OPM many times and had zero issues

7 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

OPM should work fine, could you post the settings you are using? so that I try to reproduce it?

But there is probably some problem unrelated to SD because I've used it with OPM many times and had zero issues

The same ones green wolf posted

Edited by davidy12

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

See edit. I realized that. What about scatterer?

no idea, if scatterer changes the sun that's probably where your issue originates.

try once without scatterer and you should see if the issue is gone ;)

Largely done with my new install (other than some visuals tweaking), and I couldn't help but take this photo :3

oSl3Cqk.jpg

On a side note, have you done anything to negate the effect of this code? Doesn't seem to have an effect anymore

@EVE_CLOUDS
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.5
	}
}

37 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Largely done with my new install (other than some visuals tweaking), and I couldn't help but take this photo :3

oSl3Cqk.jpg

On a side note, have you done anything to negate the effect of this code? Doesn't seem to have an effect anymore

@EVE_CLOUDS
{
	@OBJECT,*
	{
		@altitude *= 0.5
	}
}

Dimensions now rescales clouds, since it multiplies the altitude by a certain value, your clouds are scaled

altitude * 0.5 * SigmaDimensionsMultiplier

Edited by Sigma88

@davidy12Dude chill :) if you're using the newest version of scatterer, it could be down to some beta sun flairs, or the new godrays that're being worked on. Try turning them off in the config menu on the title screen that pops up. See if disabling sun effects by scatterer helps

Edited by MrMeeb
Quoted Sigma by mistake ;-;

39 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

It's scatterer, but I really want it to work. I'm writing my first story for KSP. And I WANT Scatterer for this to work.

then you should ask the scatterer devs to make the code editable via module manager :)

it's an issue on their side

Edited by Sigma88

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@GreenWolf, @Sigma88, @MrMeeb: Apparently, after adjusting the Atmovisual to 6.4 it worked. :D

@MrMeeb: How do I make the Clouds higher? Where do I put that code?

The clouds already get scaled by the mod, don't worry. I was in fact using that code to make the clouds lower. I found them to be a tad too high 

12 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

The clouds already get scaled by the mod, don't worry. I was in fact using that code to make the clouds lower. I found them to be a tad too high 

oh, ok. so my answer to your previous question would be "no, I haven't done anything to prevent your patch"

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@GreenWolf, @Sigma88, @MrMeeb: Apparently, after adjusting the Atmovisual to 6.4 it worked. :D

@MrMeeb: How do I make the Clouds higher? Where do I put that code?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but using atmoVisualEffect has no effect on E.V.E. clouds.

I skimmed through the thread before posting but could not find a fix to the "Cannot warp while vehicle is under acceleration" while in orbit.  I have stock KSP with just this mod with dependencies and the only setting I changed was the:

SigmaDimensions

{

Resize = 6.4

Rescale = 6.4

Atmosphere = 1

dayLengthMultiplier = 1

}

8 minutes ago, Sp4C3M0nk3Y said:

I skimmed through the thread before posting but could not find a fix to the "Cannot warp while vehicle is under acceleration" while in orbit.  I have stock KSP with just this mod with dependencies and the only setting I changed was the:

SigmaDimensions

{

Resize = 6.4

Rescale = 6.4

Atmosphere = 1

dayLengthMultiplier = 1

}

I'm still testing to see if I can solve that issue

as soon as I get some update I'll make sure to ping you too :)

11 minutes ago, JebThrillMaster said:

Anyone have a working Scatterer config for 6.4? The water to me is glitchy and I can't seem to remember where to resize the map view effect.

I have no idea sorry

try asking also in the scatterer thread and 64k thread maybe someone has already thought of that in those threads :)

Okay, I'm gonna be a proactive bug reporter today :D 

I'm not sure if the problem is caused by this, but I feel it could be something to do with cloud draw distances, which would be thrown out of whack by scaling things. As you can see from the video, there is a large period between the volumetric clouds unloading and the real ones loading in. Is it to do with PQS and ScaledSpace? I'm not entirely sure. I'm gonna tag @Nhawks17 here too, seeing as it's SVE and also because he knows a good amount about EVE, so he may have an idea.

Also, 

16 hours ago, JebThrillMaster said:

Anyone have a working Scatterer config for 6.4? The water to me is glitchy and I can't seem to remember where to resize the map view effect.

While I don't use the oceans (due to a lack of VRAM), all I do for my 6.4 version is change is a single line:

MapViewScale = 6.4

I generally find the stock altitudes work just fine, but I'd also recommend turning off terrain shadows. They seem to make weird funny straight lines (at least for me)

Edited by MrMeeb

42 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Okay, I'm gonna be a proactive bug reporter today :D 

I'm not sure if the problem is caused by this, but I feel it could be something to do with cloud draw distances, which would be thrown out of whack by scaling things. As you can see from the video, there is a large period between the volumetric clouds unloading and the real ones loading in. Is it to do with PQS and ScaledSpace? I'm not entirely sure. I'm gonna tag @Nhawks17 here too, seeing as it's SVE and also because he knows a good amount about EVE, so he may have an idea.

Also, 

While I don't use the oceans (due to a lack of VRAM), all I do for my 6.4 version is change is a single line:

MapViewScale = 6.4

I generally find the stock altitudes work just fine, but I'd also recommend turning off terrain shadows. They seem to make weird funny straight lines (at least for me)

Thanks

I'll take  look as soon as I get home

In the meantime consider this, SigmaDimensions can rescale clouds only if they use the new config structure (the one with OBJECT)

If SVE is still using the old one it's not compatible with SigmaDimensions

;)

Edited by Sigma88

6 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Thanks

I'll take  look as soon as I get home

In the meantime consider this, SigmaDimensions can rescale clouds only if they use the new config structure (the one with OBJECT)

If SVE is still using the old one it's not compatible with SigmaDimensions

;)

The cloud altitudes are being rescaled, so I presume the structure is the most up to date :)