Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

20 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

Normal launches. I don't have Hyperedit installed.

I can physics warp all day long, but I have been unable to rails warp under at least 150-200km without using GreenWolf's trick.

What kind of error do you get?

Can't time warp at this altitude

Or

Can't time warp under acceleration

?

Try the patch I posted above, that may solve it

31 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

'Cannot warp faster than 1x while the ship is under acceleration'

I'm at work so I only have my texture dev copy of KSP....let me install UL and Dimensions and see if I can replicate the issue then try your patch.

Oh I can wait for you to get home if you can't right now

9 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

No worries...I have some time before I get busy today.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that fixes the issue :huh:

SCAA5kX.png

Could you send me the mm cache so that I make sure it was applied correctly?

I don't have a ton of time to play KSP during the week, so the earliest I can try out the patch will be Friday afternoon. I'll report back and let you know how it goes then (assuming that you and MainSailor haven't already figured it out by then).

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@MainSailor

yeah I'm dumb

try this one:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		%Properties
		{
			%inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 10000
		}
	}
}

Heh, no problem! 

OK so now I'm having an issue that the craft either breaks apart or loses control (spins) at approximately 12km. Same craft file as before. Will have to wait until tonight to get you some screenshots or maybe capture with Shadowplay. I only had a chance to do a couple of runs, the first time I thought I had an issue with a MechJeb setting but I went back to a profile I knew worked and tried again and watched when it occurred. Unfortunately I got busy at work so I'm not sure I can try again until this evening.

27 minutes ago, MainSailor said:

Heh, no problem! 

OK so now I'm having an issue that the craft either breaks apart or loses control (spins) at approximately 12km. Same craft file as before. Will have to wait until tonight to get you some screenshots or maybe capture with Shadowplay. I only had a chance to do a couple of runs, the first time I thought I had an issue with a MechJeb setting but I went back to a profile I knew worked and tried again and watched when it occurred. Unfortunately I got busy at work so I'm not sure I can try again until this evening.

It is possible that I was to extreme in my correction, I will write a more accurate patch as soon as I get home

Try setting it to 120000

54 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

It is possible that I was to extreme in my correction, I will write a more accurate patch as soon as I get home

Try setting it to 120000

Will try, thanks. I'll let you know!

EDIT: A couple of tries and I think that solved it. I haven't seen any weird effects.

Edited by MainSailor

Hey, thanks again for this wonderful mod, I thought I'd share some crazy stuff I did with the planet specific rescaling:

I simulated a Black Dwarf and tried to land on it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/479c6s/landing_on_a_black_dwarf_surface_gravity17kms2/

And I made Eve 90 times as big and built a rocket capable of reaching orbit around it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/47jm91/escaping_eve_in_900k_47km2/

@davidy12 It doesn't need any specific configs to work with OPM, it will scale up planet packs automatically. The only thing you might have to worry about is tidal locking of parent bodies to their moons (although not moons to their parent bodies), and that can be handled with a few small planet specific adjustments. If you want a set of 6.4x scale configs, you can try the ones I suggested. I'm also working on configs to handle correcting tidal locking of planets that need it, and will probably end up bundling them with a few other configs and mod manager patches to make 6.4x playthroughs easier for people to setup.

Just now, GreenWolf said:

@davidy12 It doesn't need any specific configs to work with OPM, it will scale up planet packs automatically. The only thing you might have to worry about is tidal locking of parent bodies to their moons (although not moons to their parent bodies), and that can be handled with a few small planet specific adjustments. If you want a set of 6.4x scale configs, you can try the ones I suggested. I'm also working on configs to handle correcting tidal locking of planets that need it, and will probably end up bundling them with a few other configs and mod manager patches to make 6.4x playthroughs easier for people to setup.

What are the best configs for 64k Because when I tried to scale it, it made a kerbin day 10 seconds.

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

What are the best configs for 64k Because when I tried to scale it, it made a kerbin day 10 seconds.

The configs I use (which I settled on after some tweaking, and which I have been continually refining) are provided here: 

These configs will give you planets and orbits scaled up by a factor of 6.4x (just like 64k), a Kerbin atmosphere height of 90 kilometers, and terrain that is about 1.6 times taller than stock terrain. This preserves the appearance of mountains and the like while preventing things from getting too "spiky" like in 64k. The highest mountain on Kerbin with these configs is around 10 km tall.

I also highly recommend using SMURFF alongside any rescales (hence why I provided SMURFF configs as well).

2 minutes ago, GreenWolf said:

The configs I use (which I settled on after some tweaking, and which I have been continually refining) are provided here: 

These configs will give you planets and orbits scaled up by a factor of 6.4x (just like 64k), a Kerbin atmosphere height of 90 kilometers, and terrain that is about 1.6 times taller than stock terrain. This preserves the appearance of mountains and the like while preventing things from getting too "spiky" like in 64k. The highest mountain on Kerbin with these configs is around 10 km tall.

I also highly recommend using SMURFF alongside any rescales (hence why I provided SMURFF configs as well).

What about the rings?

Yes. If you just want to change Kerbin's rotation, drop the following into your GameData folder as a .cfg file (which you can do by saving the following config into a .txt file and changing the end to .cfg):

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigDim2]:NEEDS[SigDim]
{
    @Body:HAS[#name[Kerbin]]
    {
        @PlanetDimensions[3] = 4
    }
}

@GreenWolf thanks for helping out :)

@davidy12 I can confirm everything greenwolf told you, I have just a small comment to make

the code from greenwolf 2 posts above this will change only kerbin's rotation period. If you want all planet to slow their rotation by the same amount you should just set the "dayLengthMultiplier" to "4" in the Settings.cfg of SigmaDimensions

@GreenWolf I already have a config for the tidal locking of parents if you want, this one is the one I use:

link

feel free to use/bundle it in a pack if you want.