Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

Just now, Sigma88 said:

@MatterBeam I'm home and I've downloaded your mod

anything specific I should look for?

I've tried my mod in parts, and it looks like the specific culprit was the bundled Interstellar Fuel switch. For some reason, installing Interstellar Fuel switch inside its own, separate mod folder removed the problems.

This still leave the perplexing conclusion that installing Interstellar Fuel switch twice somehow breaks your mod.....

7 minutes ago, MatterBeam said:

I've tried my mod in parts, and it looks like the specific culprit was the bundled Interstellar Fuel switch. For some reason, installing Interstellar Fuel switch inside its own, separate mod folder removed the problems.

This still leave the perplexing conclusion that installing Interstellar Fuel switch twice somehow breaks your mod.....

I tried to remove fuel switch and I was still getting the errors. then I noticed. you are redistributing a very old version of MM

SigmaDimensions needs a feature that was added to MM in 2.6.16 (you are bundling 2.6.5) the weird thing is that MM should deactivate older version but I am seeing the issue even if I have a newer version of MM installed (2.6.18)

EDIT:

Removing only your MM fixed any issues. I will report this to @sarbian

PS: this is why I don't redistribute mods :D

Edited by Sigma88

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

I tried to remove fuel switch and I was still getting the errors. then I noticed. you are redistributing a very old version of MM

SigmaDimensions needs a feature that was added to MM in 2.6.16 (you are bundling 2.6.5) the weird thing is that MM should deactivate older version but I am seeing the issue even if I have a newer version of MM installed (2.6.18)

EDIT:

Removing only your MM fixed any issues. I will report this to @sarbian

Thank you. I will update my mod.

Just want to say I just tried your plugin and it's WONDERFUL! I'm nothing but impressed at how flawlessly it worked.

I got bored of stock planets because of how small and easy they all are; I tried RSS and 64K but the terrain is just worse than boring, and on top of that it still wasn't enough of a challenge. Then I found your plugin and scaled up the Kerbol system by a factor 12 and amplified the terrain and it's glorious on every level. It even correctly scaled the different planet packs I have.

850 thanks to you!

56 minutes ago, Boosterpack said:

Just want to say I just tried your plugin and it's WONDERFUL! I'm nothing but impressed at how flawlessly it worked.

I got bored of stock planets because of how small and easy they all are; I tried RSS and 64K but the terrain is just worse than boring, and on top of that it still wasn't enough of a challenge. Then I found your plugin and scaled up the Kerbol system by a factor 12 and amplified the terrain and it's glorious on every level. It even correctly scaled the different planet packs I have.

850 thanks to you!

I think you get the prize for craziest scale up :)

@GregroxMun still holds the record for craziest scale down :)

Jokes aside, I'm glad you are having fun with the mod

Edited by Sigma88

3 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I think you get the prize for craziest scale up :)

@GregroxMun still holds the record for craziest scale down :)

Jokes aside, I'm glad you are having fun with the mod

I also did the craziest scale-up that I've seen anyone do. 100x scale! XD Kerbin is as big as Jupiter! Jool is as big as a small star!

You want rss scaled stock or something else? I didn't really understand you.

EDIT

I think i understand you. You can try and install RSS and then install Sigma's mod. In the config, edit the Landscape parammeter (i think thats what is called) to something like 2 or 3. I don't know would that work thou

Edited by Joco223

4 minutes ago, MatterBeam said:

I understand, but I like the difficulty and challenge of the original-sized RSS, with tilt and everything.

I was hoping there was a way to add SigmaDimension's terrain rescaling to RSS.

You can try increasing the landscape value. For example, if you set landscape to 10 you will get mountains 10 times higher. I have no way to say if the result will be good tho. If you don't like the terrain of a mod, rescaling it won't probably help much. :)

Just now, Sigma88 said:

You can try increasing the landscape value. For example, if you set landscape to 10 you will get mountains 10 times higher. I have no way to say if the result will be good tho. If you don't like the terrain of a mod, rescaling it won't probably help much. :)

I will experiment :)

On 15/02/2016 at 3:36 PM, Joco223 said:

@Boosterpack Are you using some mods? (Real Fuels, Realism Overhaul, SMURFF). If you don't, you are going to need to build some pretty gigantic rockets. factor of 12 is bigger than IRL. RSS is about factor of 10

Right now, I'm playing with x15 size, x15 orbits, x2.5 atmospheres and x1.5 Surface Gravity, in Science mode. I make generous use of Tweakscale, and added some fuel tanks and engines with realistic Isp and weight and such (based on the Space Shuttle), high up in the tech tree.

I also like playing with Extraplanetary Launchpads, and this mod actually gives it some use for once, because it's so difficult to get anywhere; you can't just go from Earth to Jool, you have to first build a base on Minmus and then build and launch a new giant rocket from there. It's awesome.

Also, yes, my rockets are insanely large. LKO requires an orbital velocity of 11 km/s; so with the large atmosphere you need a minimum of 13 km/s of D-V just to get into orbit.

Am I correct in the assumption that this mod scales up the masses of the bodies by the scalefactor squared, in order to get the same surface gravity as in stock ksp?

So if I scaled things up by 2, it would scale body mass by 4. Scale by 3 and bodies would be 9 times as heavy?

On 15/02/2016 at 7:54 PM, Sigma88 said:

It didn't work. It's as if Sigma 'resets' Kopernicus after RSS has a pass at it.