Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

luckly there's @GregroxMun that likes to mess around on small planets, you should take a look at some of his video over on twich

I am what you might call a tiny planet enthusiast. Normal people collect rocks or coins or stamps or Star Trek toys. I collect tiny planets and keep them in my tiny planet hammerspace closet.

22 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

2 things:

1. The Sigma Dimensions wouldn't even load, with 300 errors. Mainly in the cfgs that aren't settings. EVE installed and so was SigmaBinary at the time. And you know what MM and output logs are like, nil except found errors in blah blah. I'll try reinstall when I get time to.

2. Off topic, but where do you get the graphics for downloads and ckan and all at the top of the OP?

2. When nobody is credited I do them myself. With screenshots in game mostly. The majority was made by pkmniako :)

1. If you have that many errors it could be anything. Could you send me the mm cache and ksp.log file?

5 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

2. When nobody is credited I do them myself. With screenshots in game mostly. The majority was made by pkmniako :)

1. If you have that many errors it could be anything. Could you send me the mm cache and ksp.log file?

Sorry, spoke too soon. it seems my download was corrupted. It's working better now, and it seems that it makes New Horizons lag more because of the textures :).

I know that it doesn't change textures, it can't hold new horizons cramming them into smaller spaces.

Edited by RA3236

4 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Sorry, spoke too soon. it seems my download was corrupted. It's working better now, and it seems that it makes New Horizons lag more because of the textures :).

I know that it doesn't change textures, it can't hold new horizons cramming them into smaller spaces.

if you are shrinking planets the lag will increase because there is more PQS in the same "observed area" to render :)

that happens in stock as well

Sigma88,

Thanks for all your work!  I just started using this mod, and having a blast.  Just one question - how are solar panels affected?  I'm running a 3x save, and would like to know (hopefully without running a bunch of in-game experiments) just what the power dropoff looks like.

5 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Sigma88,

Thanks for all your work!  I just started using this mod, and having a blast.  Just one question - how are solar panels affected?  I'm running a 3x save, and would like to know (hopefully without running a bunch of in-game experiments) just what the power dropoff looks like.

glad you are enjoying the mod :)

Solar panels energy generation should scale automatically with Kerbin semiMajorAxis. so If you go to kerbin's orbit you should get the same ec/s that you get in stock (~24.4 Ec/s)

2 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

Absolutely amazing!!

What would be the ideal landscape multiplier for an x10 Kerbin?

when you use Resize = 10 the mountains will be resized automatically to maintain the same "aspect ratio" of the mountains on stock kerbin

some people think that it is too much, I have no idea which would be the better choise gameplaywise.

but you could try landscape = 0.5 or 0.2

be careful that if you lower it too much you risk seeing the world flat

Edited by Sigma88

38 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

when you use Resize = 10 the mountains will be resized automatically to maintain the same "aspect ratio" of the mountains on stock kerbin

some people think that it is too much, I have no idea which would be the better choise gameplaywise.

but you could try landscape = 0.5 or 0.2

be careful that if you lower it too much you risk seeing the world flat

Thank you very much.

I'm running a 3x career (and loving the challenge of 4,000 m/s reentry using stock parts) and set landscape at 0.75.  It looks nice, but I already lost one pod on reentry when it crashed into a mountainside at 12 km ASL.  I may lower it to 0.67 or 0.5 - and pay more attention to where I'm coming down. :)

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

I'm running a 3x career (and loving the challenge of 4,000 m/s reentry using stock parts) and set landscape at 0.75.  It looks nice, but I already lost one pod on reentry when it crashed into a mountainside at 12 km ASL.  I may lower it to 0.67 or 0.5 - and pay more attention to where I'm coming down. :)

Let me know how the mod performs in career mode, I don't really have the time to test a career fully so I may have missed something ;)

Edited by Sigma88

7 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Let me know how the mod performs in career mode, I don't really have the time to test a career fully so I may have missed something ;)

Working well so far. I'm using SETI, OPM, KCT, SCANsat, and a number of other mods. The only glitch so far is that I can't use the Anomaly Surveyor contract pack - the way points were a few hundred meters off, and since you have to a) be EVA and b) be 10m or less from the waypoint, I couldn't complete the first contract to go to the top of the control tower on the island airfield because the way point was hovering in the air away from the tower.

Everything else appears to be working fine so far. I'll let you know if anything odd happens.

Edited by Norcalplanner

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

Working well so far. I'm using SETI, OPM, KCT, SCANsat, and a number of other mods. The only glitch so far is that I can't use the Anomaly Surveyor contract pack - the way points were a few hundred meters off, and since you have to a) be EVA and b) be 10m or less from the waypoint, I couldn't complete the first contract to go to the top of the control tower on the island airfield because the way point was hovering in the air away from the tower.

Everything else appears to be working fine so far. I'll let you know if anything odd happens.

This is what nightingale told me about this issue:

26 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It keeps coming up - it's a Kopernicus issue (at least, that's where it's sitting at the moment).  I raised it on that thread yesterday, we'll see if we can get some traction on it (if not I may try to see if I can get a workaround figure out sometime this week).

Sigma Dimensions v0.4.0

This version improves the code of the mod and adds a couple of features

Changelog:

v0.4.0

- Added 'atmoASL' parameter
- Added 'tempASL' parameter
- Improved Planet Specific Changes
- Improved the parameters code for easier modification
- Improved calculation of AtmosphereFromGround
- Added conversion of meanAnomalyAtEpochD (deg) to meanAnomalyAtEpoch (rad)

Download links in the OP

Edited by Sigma88

Do i understand that correctly, this mod also rescales graphic mod things? Im reading about rings, those dont exist in stock KSP.
Edit: I read a bit, now i know my answer. Shame on me.

Edited by Elthy

36 minutes ago, Elthy said:

Do i understand that correctly, this mod also rescales graphic mod things? Im reading about rings, those dont exist in stock KSP.
Edit: I read a bit, now i know my answer. Shame on me.

This mod will (=should) work with all planet packs.

Since some planet packs add rings, I made sure to rescale those.

Depending on what you define "graphic" the answer may vary :)

Scatterer cannot be edited via modulemanager, so I can't rescale stuff from that mod.

EVE clouds are rescaled if you change the planetary radius in order to avoid them clipping through the ground (or hovering too much above it)

24 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

Module manager give me error when loading resizeClouds.cfg. Using KSP Stock Visual Enchatements.

PS: Same KSP.log and ModuleManagerChaceConging that I sent you earlier today

thank you for reporting the bug :)

found and fixed, will be in the next release

1 hour ago, Joco223 said:

Module manager give me error when loading resizeClouds.cfg. Using KSP Stock Visual Enchatements.

PS: Same KSP.log and ModuleManagerChaceConging that I sent you earlier today

57 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

thank you for reporting the bug :)

found and fixed, will be in the next release

Oh yess i'm experiencing same bug here with resizeClouds.cfg. Thanks to Joco for report and glad that Sigma found cause for this issue already :)

Awesome mod once again Sigma and im really enjoying how easy it's now to rescale stock kerbol system! I've been using 1.32 value for atmosphere with 6.4x game so far but i would like to try out 10x soon. So i'm asking if anyone have good recommendations for 10x configs?

Edited by Murdox

@Murdox Mod configs or Simga's mod configs?

I'm playing on 10x and here are mine :)

Spoiler
// Base Settings

SigmaDimensions
{
 Resize = 10
 Rescale = 10
 Atmosphere = 1.857
 dayLengthMultiplier = 4
}

// Advanced Settings

@SigmaDimensions
{
 geeASLmultiplier = 1
 landscape = 1
 atmoVisualEffect = 1.857
 resizeScatter = 1
 CustomSoISize = 0
 CustomRingSize = 0
 atmoASL = 1
 tempASL = 1
}

And if you want Kerbol (Sun) to be small like in RSS, drop this config into your GameData folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo2wdnm5ripxg0y/SmallSun.cfg?dl=0

I don't know what you use from mods but if you want a bit more realistic and easier rocket engineering, use SMURFF(or RO),  and that will significantly reduce the rocket size and extend your PC's life ;)