Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

3 hours ago, Kerbal the Kerbal said:

It does not work for me. I use a Mac OS X El Capitan to play KSP. Is this able to be supported for mac users? I am able to edit the .cfg files using text edit, but it has no effect.

I need a bit more context than that

As far as I know it should work on Mac but I have no way to test it

If you click the nyan cat in my sig you will find a list of files that could help me find your issue

Edited by Sigma88

12 hours ago, Kerbal the Kerbal said:

It does not work for me. I use a Mac OS X El Capitan to play KSP. Is this able to be supported for mac users? I am able to edit the .cfg files using text edit, but it has no effect.

9 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

If you click the nyan cat in my sig you will find a list of files that could help me find your issue

I'm playing with rescaled GPP on a mac so definitely not where the problem comes from.

16 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

The Mods I have installed (probably not correctly, I'm a computer noob still :p) are: Chatterer, EVE, Hyperedit, Kerbinside, NKW, Toolbar, Glassthings, KerbalKonstructs, Kustom Kerbals, RIngs (For Jool), Kopernicus, ModuleManager, PlanetShine, Distant Object, OLDD (Docking Camera), Reentry Particle Effect, SVE, and Sigma Dimensions. KSP runs completely fine for me (My laptop is really powerful)

Lots of mods. Overdose maybe???

1 hour ago, memyselfandI said:

So essentially this mod rescales the stock solar system planets, and would possibly make it the same size as our own? 

If you set up the cfgs to be real size then, yes. It doesn't just rescale the system right out of the box though. 

4 hours ago, memyselfandI said:

So essentially this mod rescales the stock solar system planets, and would possibly make it the same size as our own? 

Well, it's not the only function SD has, but yes, you could use SD to do that.

As @Galileo said if you set the correct numbers into the Settings.cfg file you can get a real sized stock solar system

• 2 weeks later...

Sigma Dimensions v0.7.8

This release improves upon PQSCity Groups and brings SD up to date with latest KSP/Kopernicus

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png 

This mod would not be possible without the work of:

- sarbian (ModuleManager)       
- Thomas P. (Kopernicus)      

Changelog:

v0.7.8

- Updated to KSP 1.3.0 and Kopernicus 1.3.0-1
- Improved PQSCityGroups feature
- Improved debugging tools

Sigma Dimensions v0.8.0

Fixed the values of G and g

Honestly I don't know how I could miss this for so long.....

smh

all the links are available in the OP

If you want to follow the development of my mods:  Sigma88Mods&style=social

If you want to buy me a cup of coffee:  iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png 

This mod would not be possible without the work of:

- sarbian (ModuleManager)       
- Thomas P. (Kopernicus)      

Changelog:

v0.8.0

- Fixed values of G and g

@Sigma88 There seems to be an issue when trying to rescale RSS

I have made a MM cfg to allow RSS to work on 1.3, applying the same fixes as i have done in GPP, It works perfectly in full scale RSS, but when i try to install sigma alongside it to scale it down to stock size using this cfg, i get strange, flickering artifacts all over the system.

If I run RSS with Sigma Dimensions installed without a SD cfg, no issue. Add a cfg to rescale the system, and you get artifacts like this:

Spoiler

Bs18Thh.png
oFxsnyy.png

The issue seems to be spawning from Callisto. Sometimes it looks like the system is inside of Callisto, and you can see parts of its texture all over the skybox. There aren't any errors in the output log, but i can provide one if you would like. All of this is done on 1.3 using the latest kopernicus 1.3-1 and Sigma Dimensions 0.8.0.

I have included a zip including my RSS fix and the SD cfg i used to figure out if SD was the issue. https://www.dropbox.com/s/39w3iiufl9yh7ie/RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg?dl=0

56 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@Sigma88 There seems to be an issue when trying to rescale RSS

I have made a MM cfg to allow RSS to work on 1.3, applying the same fixes as i have done in GPP, It works perfectly in full scale RSS, but when i try to install sigma alongside it to scale it down to stock size using this cfg, i get strange, flickering artifacts all over the system.

If I run RSS with Sigma Dimensions installed without a SD cfg, no issue. Add a cfg to rescale the system, and you get artifacts like this:

Hide contents

Bs18Thh.png
oFxsnyy.png

The issue seems to be spawning from Callisto. Sometimes it looks like the system is inside of Callisto, and you can see parts of its texture all over the skybox. There aren't any errors in the output log, but i can provide one if you would like. All of this is done on 1.3 using the latest kopernicus 1.3-1 and Sigma Dimensions 0.8.0.

I have included a zip including my RSS fix and the SD cfg i used to figure out if SD was the issue. https://www.dropbox.com/s/39w3iiufl9yh7ie/RSS 1.3 Fix.cfg?dl=0

could you try with this:

(just to make sure it actually is callisto)

@Kopernicus:FOR[SA]
{
	!Body[~name[Sun],~name[Kerbin],~name[Jupiter],~#name[Callisto]] {}
}

if you still see artifacts with this I will need:

• mm cache without SD
  • mm cache with SD but no resize
  • mm cache with SD and resize

I could also use the same mm cache files from 1.2.2 with the cfg I posted above, to compare the systems and see what has changed

Edited by Sigma88

Just now, Sigma88 said:

could you try with this:

(just to make sure it actually is callisto)

@Kopernicus:FOR[SA]
{
	!Body[~name[Sun],~name[Kerbin],~name[Jupiter],~#name[Callisto]] {}
}

if you still see artifact with this I will need:

• mm cache without SD
  • mm cache with SD but no resize
  • mm cache with SD and resize

I could also use the same mm cache files from 1.2.2 with the cfg I posted above, to compare the systems and see what has changed

Ok I will provide those tomorrow. I just turned everything off for the evening :)

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok I will provide those tomorrow. I just turned everything off for the evening :)

I checked the cfg and I cannot see anything wrong with it, other than the fact that you are trying to delete useTheInName even if most likely it isn't there to begin with

Edited by Sigma88

It did not work.... Kerbin was the same size as normal, even with 10x in cfg. Here is the CFG i was using, BTW: can you please add support?

Spoiler

@SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

@Resize = 10
    @Rescale = 10
    @Atmosphere = 1.25
    @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.75

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.5
    @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
    @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
    @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
    @tempASL = 1
    @atmoTopLayer = 1.44
    @atmoVisualEffect = 1.25

@scanAltitude = 1
}

26 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

It did not work.... Kerbin was the same size as normal, even with 10x in cfg. Here is the CFG i was using, BTW: can you please add support?

Reveal hidden contents

@SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

@Resize = 10
    @Rescale = 10
    @Atmosphere = 1.25

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.5
    @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
    @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
    @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
    @tempASL = 1
    @atmoTopLayer = 1.44
    @atmoVisualEffect = 1.25

@scanAltitude = 1
}

Are you on 1.3 and do you have the latest kopernicus installed?

Andromeda visuals is based on an old depreciated version of EVE 7-4 that was compiled to work with 1.2.2+ called KVE. 

The EVE dev does not support this version so I don't see a good reason for SD support for it.  

And, technically, you don't even know if it's not supported because you haven't even got this mod to run yet. 

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@SigmaDimensions
{
    // Base Settings

@Resize = 10
    @Rescale = 10
    @Atmosphere = 1.25

// Advanced Settings

@landscape = 0.5
    @geeASLmultiplier = 1

@resizeScatter = 1
    @resizeBuildings = 0

@CustomSoISize = 0
    @CustomRingSize = 0

@atmoASL = 1
    @tempASL = 1
    @atmoTopLayer = 1.44
    @atmoVisualEffect = 1.25

@scanAltitude = 1
}

if it's a planet pack and it's written properly, then it will work with SD.

if your kerbin has not been changed it means that you either installed it wrong or the mod you are using is somehow breaking SD.

since from looking at the forum thread I don't see anywhere mentioned that the mod changes the planets, SD should work. worst case scenario the clouds will load too low and clip through the mountais

if you want me to look into your issue, click on the nyan cat in my signature, upload the file requested and I will take a look

use the minimum amount of mods required. if you have a gazillion mods I'll just ignore the files

Edited by Sigma88

Are the SOI changed by default in any way? I only increased Kerbin and Jool, even set CustomSoISize = 1, but the values still differ from the ones in the wiki - did Squad change something in 1.3?

Also, the rings from SVE/Scatterer vanish when I enlarge Jool. I set the rings variable to the same factor - maybe it should scale with resize instead of rescale by default?

Edited by KerbMav

3 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Are the SOI changed by default in any way?

SD only affects bodies that have their SOI defined in the cfg. for all other planets KSP automatically calculates the SOI using the approximated formula

SOI = a*(m/M)^0.4

I only increased Kerbin and Jool, even set CustomSoISize = 1, but the values still differ from the ones in the wiki - did Squad change something in 1.3?

not sure what you mean by "only increased kerbin and jool"

as explained in the README (linked in the OP) CustomSoISize is disabled by default (set to zero)

when disabled SD will multiply the SOI of the planet by it's Rescale parameter

when enabled, SD will multiply the SOI of the planet by the CustomSoISize value

Again, this will only affect planets that have the SOI defined in the cfg

so, assuming your planets have the SOI defined, and have CustomSoISize = 1, the SOI should not change

if your planets don't have any SOI defined, it will be calculated by KSP, so that's outside SD control.

if you want a specific SOI you need to set that in the cfg and account for the modifications that SD will apply

Also, the rings from SVE/Scatterer vanish when I enlarge Jool. I set the rings variable to the same factor - maybe it should scale with resize instead of rescale by default?

I'll need you to post a more detailed bug report for this. click on my nyan cat and upload here the files I ask

rings are scaling with "Rescale" on purpose to be consistent with orbits of moons, if you want them to be rescaled by a different number just use CustomRingSize

I was surprised to see Kerbin's and Jool's moons having smaller SOIs than usually, but all other SOIs of the other planets/moons have not changed, so that is clear now, thank you.

CustomRingSize works indeed.

Regarding the uploading of files - I am running about 60 mods, sooo :wink:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vo24f7ebo0wmzc7/AAAMxUAo_bTbHygHb5rtqjnia?dl=0

26 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Regarding the uploading of files - I am running about 60 mods, sooo :wink:

from your previous message seems like the issues are solved.

if you have more issues I'll need you tell me what those are :D

and load only the mods that are strictly required to debug the issue, I can't test anything on an install with that many mods