THANK GOD WE'RE BACK

I_Killed_Jeb

I have indeed noticed that while reading the forum only triggered 502s every few minutes, actually doing anything, such as trying to log in or post, seemed to be a 502 magnet and the forum would instantly go down for several minutes as soon as I hit the button.

Wait. Does that mean I broke the forum?!? O_O

7 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

What was wrong with the old forum? That's all I want to know. Why fix what wasn't broken? Or.. was it?

This question has (understandably) been asked a lot, and I've answered it in several places - but I'll write a paragraph in the devnotes tomorrow to explain some of the things that happened this weekend. That seems to be the best way to get all the information out there.

2 minutes ago, quasarrgames said:

Is it just me, or is rocket builders still there, and the only thing on it is my locked april fools / spacecraft exchange PSA thing? :sticktongue:

It's there (again, temporarily) but you can only see threads you started. Consider it a temporarily public archive.

My appologies Kasper. That sounds good thank you. Now it's just a matter of getting used to this new forum system that feels as if it has to make posting "easier" and hold my hand. 

For instance what if I want to individually quote several comments out of one post and answer them as such... How is that done? Why does this obtrusive box pop up within my editing window? I've yet to figure how to delete those. Why does it feel as if it needs to preview my post as I create it? 

It's very, very mobile unfriendly. Is there a way to use the more raw system of the old forums here? It made constructing an intricate post very easy. This... Not so much.

Edited by Motokid600
new forum sucks.

26 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

For instance what if I want to individually quote several comments out of one post and answer them as such... How is that done? Why does this obtrusive box pop up within my editing window? I've yet to figure how to delete those. Why does it feel as if it needs to preview my post as I create it?

select the first snippet of text you want to quote, just there in the post. A small popup will appear labelled "Quote "this". Click it to add the quote to the reply box. Repeat! :)

26 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

It's very, very mobile unfriendly. Is there a way to use the more raw system of the old forums here? It made constructing an intricate post very easy. This... Not so much.

I disagree on the mobile unfriendliness. vBulletin either had a very limited mobile theme or you could switch to the desktop version which would require constant zooming. I'll try post editing on mobile later this week no doubt, when I'm on my way to university..

I felt, lost, adrift, without my forums. I agree. Don't do that ever again.

2 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I'm having trouble finding my subscribed threads. Anyone know where those are?

I believe that those were wiped in the update. It says in the official announcement thread for the new forums.

1 minute ago, TronX33 said:

I felt, lost, adrift, without my forums. I agree. Don't do that ever again.

I believe that those were wiped in the update. It says in the official announcement thread for the new forums.

That's odd, because I'm relatively certain that the threads that I used to be subscribed to are marked with a different icon than the others. :huh:

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

That's odd, because I'm relatively certain that the threads that I used to be subscribed to are marked with a different icon than the others. :huh:

Nope, those are just the threads you've posted in. Which, if you were setup to subscribe to any threads you reply to, also means you had subscribed to them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.