The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

58 minutes ago, Commander Zoom said:

I understand your desire to stay mod-light, but seriously.  Get KAC.  Now.

It makes flotilla management (and multiple interplanetary missions in progress, in general) so much easier.

Also, the guy who makes it is heavily involved in KSP development so KAC tends to update at the same time as KSP.

8 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

I understand your desire to stay mod-light, but seriously.  Get KAC.  Now.

It makes flotilla management (and multiple interplanetary missions in progress, in general) so much easier.

7 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Also, the guy who makes it is heavily involved in KSP development so KAC tends to update at the same time as KSP.

Didn't have much time to do anything today, but I'll check it out ASAP

22 hours ago, Crystal_Mace said:

A lot of my favourite SF based songs, (the kind you sit around cold hotel function room after midnight singing 'til dawn...yeah, I'm a 'filker'...), are on the theme of lovers separated by the years of space travel...they make me cry a lot.  At least it's just years, and not decades in this case.  A reunion is still possible.  Ummm....it is, isn't it?

Let's just say I wouldn't have started this little drama if I didn't have plans for them down the road... 

18 hours ago, Andem said:

Hello Tylo my old friend.

I've come to land on you again.

Oh wow.... that's one of my favorite oldies too!!!

14 hours ago, KSK said:

There's a Songs and Poetry shelf in the Fanworks Library if that's any use? Although, thinking about it, that might work better linking to a dedicated thread rather than having ad-hoc links to a grab bag of posts from many assorted threads.

Happy to go either way.

Oh - and here's my stab at verse 2. :)

So we flew around the sun,
Till we found a world of green (world of green!)
And we sailed, the waves of Laythe
In our Skimmer-roomarine.

Edit. Getting my shout-outs a little jumbled perhaps but really - that one just wrote itself. :)

Now I want to watch the original!!!  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

37 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Oh great... The twins... And weird brain pod tasting gravioli chariot... And... Oh great... Love the story by the way!

Yeah. I can see mommy having a major meltdown and stealing a ship to rendezvous with the Diamondback to get the kids back.

As far as the rock-licking-psychopathic brain-jar.......OOH BOY IT'S GONNA BE GOOD! 

Edited by GDJ

:D yay! Kerbal comics and story's are AWESOME!

If he will use the gravioli to deorbit emiko station, emiko is a class E.  About 30 meters across. Gilly is a captured asteroid that is like, class V. And it's about 13 kilometers across... I hope mr. Evil brain pod doesn't use Gilly. that would be bad.:D

Also the kids are in big trouble... that's going to be interesting. Idea about brain pod dude, have Jeb the strutty eyed missile kerb shoot him with emp missiles 

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm going to try and get the next one done today, if RL doesn't give me too hard a time.

@Just Jim, What time zone are you? I must read the next chapter TODAY!!! :D

Edited by Jeb!

51 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Next chapter!!! Please Just Jim!!!

Patience! Jim needs time to make this chapter as good as all the others!

9 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to try and get the next one done today, if RL doesn't give me too hard a time.

I'm sure you'll be able to read about the Diamondback soon (those cheeky kids!).:D

8 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Who agrees the diamond back looks so cool and is the best ssto ever!

Me! Actually, I think Jim, if he has the time, should make a Diamondback Jr.!! That would be amazing, maybe one the kids could fly (that is, if they can get off the Diamondback itself!):P

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

Who agrees the diamond back looks so cool and is the best ssto ever!

Me! As soon as I saw the Diamondback and saw how awesome it was, I made a mini version as a SSTO personnel shuttle. I wish I could figure out how to show a picture of it. The option says "not available for your account". Mine uses 4 Whiplashes and 4 Thuds instead of the Diamondback's 4 Whiplashes plus 4 Rapiers. The bicouplers only have to be 4 wide instead of 6, so it makes for a narrower design. It also uses structural bicouplers to allow for Ram intakes above and below the delta wings, which I think look really cool. The vertical stabilizers use Big-S wing strakes (long ways) so they can also contain fuel. What I don't understand is how Just Jim can keep the Diamondback in one piece. I'm doing all I can just to keep my SSTO from bending and breaking apart. He must have used a lot of hidden strut connectors. :D

Edited by Jeb!

28 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

Me! As soon as I saw the Diamondback and saw how awesome it was, I made a mini version as a SSTO personnel shuttle. I wish I could figure out how to show a picture of it. The option says "not available for your account". Mine uses 4 Whiplashes and 4 Thuds instead of the Diamondback's 4 Whiplashes plus 4 Rapiers. The bicouplers only have to be 4 wide instead of 6, so it makes for a narrower design. It also uses structural bicouplers to allow for Ram intakes above and below the delta wings, which I think look really cool. The vertical stabilizers use Big-S wing strakes (long ways) so they can also contain fuel. What I don't understand is how Just Jim can keep the Diamondback in one piece. I'm doing all I can just to keep my SSTO from bending and breaking apart. He must have used a lot of hidden strut connectors. :D

I plan to (probably over the weekend) build a mini diamond back that I plan to call the diamack because the quad hammer turned into the qwammer. Also, it's probably going to explode but that's awesome so I don't care. Woo explosions!!! :cool:

Mine is a slight different design, using one Whiplash and two R.A.P.I.E.R.'s. It's really compact, but can only get to about a 100,000 orbit before the need for refuelling. Still up for improvement!:D

1 hour ago, Jeb! said:

I wish I could figure out how to show a picture of it. The option says "not available for your account"

No one can directly upload pictures to the forums, an external host in required.  Imgur is popular.  To insert an uploaded image in a post, copy imgur's bbcode pre-made embed code, or copy a direct link (ends in a .png, .jpg extension) and click "Insert other media," then "Insert image from URL.

On 16/03/2016 at 0:21 AM, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone... sorry, today was kind of hectic.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, looks like we got some new fans!  Welcome!   :D

:cool:

On 16/03/2016 at 0:21 AM, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone... sorry, today was kind of hectic.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, looks like we got some new fans!  Welcome!   :D

Yeah. Before that I was just looking around on the forums. Then I just replied to a ton of my favorite users and threads... And after one day of replys and stuff I'm a rocketry enthusiast.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.