The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Is it okay that I was humming the harry potter theme while reading the last part? It just seemed fitting.

I'm from a slightly older generation... I was humming "Little Shop of Horrors" when I wrote it   hehe   :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'm from a slightly older generation... I was humming "Little Shop of Horrors" when I wrote it   hehe   :wink:

Hmmm, maybe an Audrey II reference is in order...like Thompberry found an exotic plant or something...

Hmmm... I'm thinking too much... hahahaha, @Just Jim, your asteroid in the pictures looks like it bounced off the VAB and rolled to the side, it's not in the same place in the two pictures!!! Don't think that would happen in real life, LOL! :D But hey its KSP!!!! Everything is just cool!

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Chapter 36
The Vision

CV6saSP.jpg

b5rYSKP.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jeb! said:

Hmmm... I'm thinking too much... hahahaha, @Just Jim, your asteroid in the pictures looks like it bounced off the VAB and rolled to the side, it's not in the same place in the two pictures!!! Don't think that would happen in real life, LOL! :D But hey its KSP!!!! Everything is just cool!

It's a vision! 

But seriously, good eyes! 
To get the screenshots I dropped Emiko on several of the buildings.... so yes, it is in two different places.

Oh, and for the record, I discovered last night Emiko is just about the same exact size as the VAB!

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

K:AJO DRES MISSION CONFIRMED!!!1!1!! :P

Don't be ridiculous. I'd have to design and build a completely new class of high-endurance mining cruisers. I'd also need a crew that I either didn't care about, or was completely battmulch crazy. Or both.

I also noticed that this huge explosion is not even over KSC, (from bottom center) but I bet that was to get the effect that it was bigger than it really is. Smart idea! If you had put it over KSC, it would seem relatively too small to cover the whole thing.

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Chapter 36
The Vision

wUXyTVy.jpg

Just now, Jeb! said:

I also noticed that this huge explosion is not even over KSC, (from bottom center) but I bet that was to get the effect that it was bigger than it really is. Smart idea! If you had put it over KSC, it would seem relatively too small to cover the whole thing.

Exactly!  Although I see now I should crop that pic just a hair

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Don't be ridiculous. I'd have to design and build a completely new class of high-endurance mining cruisers. I'd also need a crew that I either didn't care about, or was completely battmulch crazy. Or both.

You are scrapping your old mining ships to build a new class of Life-Support equipped mining ships... and you got the Kerbals with Space Madness....

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

K:AJO DRES MISSION CONFIRMED!!!1!1!! :P

Edited by DolphinDude3

Just now, DolphinDude3 said:

You are scrapping your old mining ships to build a new class of Life-Support equipped mining ships... and you got the Kerbals with Space Madness....

Lies, lies, rumors and more lies! But anyway back to the topic of Emiko Station, sometimes we have to treat the pages as a mission report and sometimes we have to treat them as a comic. In this case regardless of how the shot was made, Jim clearly meant it to be the Emiko asteroid extinction-eventing KSC. That sort of thing is hard to do for reals, even with hyper-edit, so let's put away the tinfoil headgear and accept the shots at face value.

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Wonderful! Suspense, destruction, intrigue. @Geschosskopf fits right in as a rock-shaman. 

Just because you can communicate with spirits/rocks/whatever doesn't make you a shaman.  That just makes you an animist, which is fine with me.  Being a shaman is work, often dangerous :)

3 hours ago, Andem said:

Wait... Didn't the original chariot have thrusters? OH SHI--

I figure the whole reason Thompberry is interested in graviolis is so he can use them for some UFO-type propulsion.  No need for thrusters of fuel.  

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

So as a tribute to Wil Wheaton the actor, and not his character, I will definitely not  have an ensign Crusher in my story!   hehehe.....   

Hehehehe, you said "niblings", hehehehe :)

Anyway, being locked in a small ship with Jeb for a few years is unlikely to produce an Ens. Crusher analog ....

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I was doing the "Rocky Horror" theme myself :)

30 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Just because you can communicate with spirits/rocks/whatever doesn't make you a shaman.  That just makes you an animist, which is fine with me.  Being a shaman is work, often dangerous :)

Rats, I'm out of likes for the day.....

I'm thinking more along the lines of something like a rock-whisperer...... but he isn't too comfortable being called one.

Hehehehe, you said "niblings", hehehehe :)

yeah.... I really liked the idea, it fits so well!  :D

I was doing the "Rocky Horror" theme myself :)

And now that's stuck in my head.....  which isn't a bad thing actually...

Science Fiction Double Feature
Dr. X will build a creature

:cool:

Edited by Just Jim

I have a question: How does Thompberry intend to harness the power of the gravioli as a mining rover with no ability to modify itself (No arms), and nothing gravioli related other than basic sensors? Also, does he think that harnessing it will suddenly give him the power to aim it perfectly? He's more likely to hit:

• Another Joolian moon (closer to him)
  • Jool, if he aims REALLY badly
  • Minmus (bigger than Ekimo)
  • Mun (much bigger than Ekimo)
  • Kerbin (Much, much bigger than Ekimo)
  • The sun (Much, much, much, much bigger than Ekimo or Kerbin)
  • Nothing in the Kerbol system (Much bigger than everything in the Kerbol system, and easier to hit.)

1 minute ago, RocketSquid said:

I have a question: How does Thompberry intend to harness the power of the gravioli as a mining rover with no ability to modify itself (No arms), and nothing gravioli related other than basic sensors? Also, does he think that harnessing it will suddenly give him the power to aim it perfectly? He's more likely to hit:

• Another Joolian moon (closer to him)
  • Jool, if he aims REALLY badly
  • Minmus (bigger than Ekimo)
  • Mun (much bigger than Ekimo)
  • Kerbin (Much, much bigger than Ekimo)
  • The sun (Much, much, much, much bigger than Ekimo or Kerbin)
  • Nothing in the Kerbol system (Much bigger than everything in the Kerbol system, and easier to hit.)

That's a good question.... 

All I'm going to say is you'll get an answer in the next 4 chapters.

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK.... back to the story...... I need to stay focused. 
I don't think it's any great surprise to say the next 4 chapters are going to get really.... well.... interesting.....  :0.0:

Flying rover! (Hey Jeb did it in one of Nassults films) ooo new idea! Deorbit him! Stayputnik mk1's have a max temperature of 1800 K and an impact tolerance of 12 m/s. And I don't think he comes with a heat shield or parachute.

Shoot for the moon mun even if you miss you will land among the stars Jeb will eat all the snacks or get teleported to another dimension or run out of fuel or get hit with a gravioli beam or crash.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.