Docking and rendezvous trouble in KSP & Simplerockets?

Cloakedwand72

Is any one still having Docking and rendezvous trouble in KSP & Simplerockets?After all the YouTube tutorials etc?

Dos any one know how to dock and rendezvous in both games?And any good illustrations videos seem to take to long to watch.

All i know it to do yes Mechjeb that Mechjeb to do the docking and rendezvous for me.I know how to launch and reenter a rocket bye hand.But docking and rendezvousing is something i am still having trouble in both games.

7 minutes ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Seems to complex.And to long of a video.But thanks for the strategy guide.

Too complex? Thats about as simple as it can get, rondezvous isn't just like getting to orbit, your not going to find a tutorial that is any help shorter than this one.

3 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Too complex? Thats about as simple as it can get, rondezvous isn't just like getting to orbit, your not going to find a tutorial that is any help shorter than this one.

This ^^

Rendezvous and docking is one of the hardest things to achieve for the first time.  It takes patience and practice, just progressively less the more you do it.

I'd suggest watching the clips even if they are long. Rendezvous and docking are vital skills which open up the entire game and create whole new possibilities. You just need to be patient and don't be discouraged.... after all, NASA had trouble with it at first too.   

12 minutes ago, Kerbol Macrosystems said:

I haven't figured out how to rendezvous in Simple Rockets. I can't get it to work with out having something to tell me my relative speed to target. 

Going from KSP back to SimpleRockets... my god I've never been so grateful for maneuver nodes in my life.

On 12/22/2015 at 0:08 PM, The Optimist said:

The hard part isn't getting a rendezvous

It's surviving it that's hard

No, the hard part is getting a rendezvous. If surviving the rendezvous is the hard part then your not doing your rendezvous correctly.

1 hour ago, AbacusWizard said:

You might also find it helpful to read Buzz Aldrin's PhD thesis, "Line-Of-Sight Guidance Techniques For Manned Orbital Rendezvous."

This is one of the best things in KSP. One way to improve your gaming skills is to read upon real astronaut real PhD thesis :D

23 minutes ago, Corw said:

This is one of the best things in KSP. One way to improve your gaming skills is to read upon real astronaut real PhD thesis :D

Meanwhile, Buzz Aldrin: "Really? My PhD thesis is now reading material for a GAME?"

1 hour ago, Corw said:

I also gained a lot of insight--and inspiration!--from reading Arthur C. Clarke's The Exploration of Space around the time I first started playing KSP. It's a little dated, but most of the stuff in there is still valid today (notable exceptions include speculation about what might be under Venus's clouds, the notion that zero-g orbital hospitals would be a good idea, and failing to predict that most future spaceflight would be uncrewed). Most of the time I was reading it I was constantly thinking either "Yup, that's exactly how I do it in Kerbal" or "Oh hey, I bet I could do that in Kerbal!"

Edited by AbacusWizard

7 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

ive once heard someone say about rendezvous and docking in space: it is like trying to hit a bullet with a bullet. its not easy at all. it takes practice and patience. also everything above my post is very true.

Only it's a controlled bullet, and it's not being shot out of a barrel at 900 MPH.

Rendesvous get quite easy after a while and scott manley's video which has already been linked is probably one of the best tutorials out there for it. It's not something that can be done in a couple minutes. It's not something that can be mastered on your first try either. I think my first rendesvous took me a few hours to get right but after that It got easier. You just need to take the time to do it and learn without using mechjeb. 

7 hours ago, AbacusWizard said:

I also gained a lot of insight--and inspiration!--from reading Arthur C. Clarke's The Exploration of Space........  (notable exceptions include..... , the notion that zero-g orbital hospitals would be a good idea....)

While the effects of zero g are well known, or at least recognized, on healthy people, I clearly think certain treatments for various diseases would benefit from zero g.  For instance, heart failure recovery/treatments would benefit greatly from the reduced cardiac workload, allowing the myocardium to heal better.  Cardiomegaly, CHF, orthostatic hypotension, just to name a few could see benefits from low/zero g environments.  Not only that, but long term bed bound patients could suffer less side effects of long term care, such as bed sores.    Zero G hospitals might make an excellent first step for rehabing various patients, while similar treatments on the ground would lead to complications and setbacks.   Of course, effects of long term zero g would appear, but when the patient was healthy enough to start physical rehab, returning to earth would be a viable choice.  And if we're talking hospitals in space, it wouldn't be a far stretch to imagine there would be parts of the facility that would offer low g environments (rotating sections of the facility) to start that process.

As to the OP.  Well, if you can't bother watching a video that lays it all out for you in easy step by step instructions, then I'm pretty sure there's a magic pill around here somewhere that will just teach it to you....

Edited by gargamel

5 hours ago, gargamel said:

While the effects of zero g are well known, or at least recognized, on healthy people, I clearly think certain treatments for various diseases would benefit from zero g.  For instance, heart failure recovery/treatments would benefit greatly from the reduced cardiac workload, allowing the myocardium to heal better.  Cardiomegaly, CHF, orthostatic hypotension, just to name a few could see benefits from low/zero g environments.  Not only that, but long term bed bound patients could suffer less side effects of long term care, such as bed sores.    Zero G hospitals might make an excellent first step for rehabing various patients, while similar treatments on the ground would lead to complications and setbacks.   Of course, effects of long term zero g would appear, but when the patient was healthy enough to start physical rehab, returning to earth would be a viable choice...

Two thing came to mind...

1.  Yay!  I get to go into space on the NHS without years of training.

2. The strain of launching to get to space in the first place will probably finish me off if I'm that unwell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.