Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose (GAP) 1.6.1 - Milestones, Air Flights, Coast Guard

inigma

8 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

How do I do the transmit science for the Buoy Contract/s?

Measure temperature or preassure with relevant parts and transmit.

You will get much better attention if you qoute only one small relevant part of post instead of whole OP. It will also make whole thread more readable for other users that can benefit from your question/answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having a problem where the only charter flight they're being offered is flight 4, despite having completed the necessary requirements for flights 45 and 5, and having gotten those flights before updating contract configurator?

Hey, just an idea I've had floating around in my head for a bit... The recurring contracts for barnstorming and such are useful and fun, but I think it could be taken a step further...

How about aircraft design contracts? Perhaps KARPA approaches you with the need for a supersonic fighter plane; able to achieve mach 2, fly to 20km, and carry X-amount crew or X-payload (bombs for bombers, cameras and equipment for spy planes, missiles and guns for fighters, etc). It could even be tiered similarly to the STS missions, beginning with a biplane fighter/bomber and working up to a fifth/sixth-generation fighter.

It sounds simple enough as it would just be combining some of the mod's already existing contracts. I could even figure it out, but I figure there are more motivated modders out there.

On 08/08/2016 at 1:02 AM, Lupi said:

Anyone else having a problem where the only charter flight they're being offered is flight 4, despite having completed the necessary requirements for flights 45 and 5, and having gotten those flights before updating contract configurator?

Yes I am having this same problem, it is also happening to the coast guard contracts and the island tours contracts. I tried setting them to max completion 1 and then the next contracts appeared. For some reason these first contracts are being prioitised even though others have been unlocked.

I've not looked at GAP since 1.1.2 and only briefly in 1.1.3 to verify it loaded. I've not tested contracts since the CC version mentioned in the OP. I've yet to implement required improvements to GAP code with the new CC updates. Now that I've concluded the Air Superiority Challenge in Challenges, I'm coming back to work on GAP... if only so I can finally play my first ever career game in KSP.  I have no other online or gaming commitments, so I will be devoting time to this soon.

Hey @nightingale I've been out of the contract dev loop for a while. Based on what you know about GAP, do you have a list of items I need to develop/improve to make it compatible with the new CC?  I think you posted in your thread to a group of us modders, but I figured I'd ping you through here if you could help point me in the right direction. I want to get GAP taking advantage of the new KSP 1.1.3 and CC changes. I'll dig through what I can, but any pointers you could send my way would be golden as I get started. :)

For everyone else:

GAP Status as of 8/15/16:

Well, I have a new Windows 10, clean install. Downloading KSP 1.1.3 as I write this, and will be re-setting up my Github to start working on GAP again.

Version: thinking about jumping this into GAP 1.3 to be fully compatible with the new CC and KSP 1.1.3 changes and get the Cargo contracts done at the same time. Targeting for end of month readiness.

Popular GAP-Friendly Mods:

KAX works in 1.1.3 though its not updated officially for it.

TakeCommand works in 1.1.3 with a recompile found here:

SM Chute working with 1.1.3

BDArmory has been rescued by PapaJoe and made compatible with 1.1.3 (oh yeah!)

Playbility status: it appears some of you are experiencing an issue with only being offered Flight 4 and no further. I will look into this as my top priority and will be one of the fixes in GAP 1.3.

Edited by inigma

5 hours ago, inigma said:

Playbility status: it appears some of you are experiencing an issue with only being offered Flight 4 and no further. I will look into this as my top priority and will be one of the fixes in GAP 1.3.

Flight 4, Flight 101, and Aerial Tour: Flight 1 are the only ones i'm getting in terms of airline contracts; I don't think i've gotten any seaplane flights in ages either, or shoreline tours, or submarine tours, but then I don't pay much attention to the shoreline or submarine tours anyway.  SSI Aerospace-Economy is a silly mess because i started this career back when the "purchase this stuff" contracts were a lot more broad. Also, I'm getting a ton of Buoy Drop contracts but I don't think i've gotten any SOS/rescue climbers/maydays in a while. I could just not be noticing these contracts when they show up, but then I don't know. I've been focusing on my spaceplane program on stream, so GAP contracts haven't been all too in-demand lately

If you want any help, I wouldn't mind trying to test some things on my Tuesday stream, see if we come across any other unintended behaviors.

1 hour ago, Lupi said:

Flight 4, Flight 101, and Aerial Tour: Flight 1 are the only ones i'm getting in terms of airline contracts; I don't think i've gotten any seaplane flights in ages either, or shoreline tours, or submarine tours, but then I don't pay much attention to the shoreline or submarine tours anyway.  SSI Aerospace-Economy is a silly mess because i started this career back when the "purchase this stuff" contracts were a lot more broad. Also, I'm getting a ton of Buoy Drop contracts but I don't think i've gotten any SOS/rescue climbers/maydays in a while. I could just not be noticing these contracts when they show up, but then I don't know. I've been focusing on my spaceplane program on stream, so GAP contracts haven't been all too in-demand lately

If you want any help, I wouldn't mind trying to test some things on my Tuesday stream, see if we come across any other unintended behaviors.

Thank you!

I'm well on my way to fix incompatibilities. It's fair to say that CC 1.15 broke GAP, but only in the short term. I'm aiming to post an updated GAP by end of this month.

1 hour ago, lakajadiwa2 said:

Would it be possible to add a compatibility for SSRSS and/or HalfSizeRSS?

Thanks

Due to the transition from PQS to direct coordinates for contracts in the pack, it wouldn't be all that possible. As of that change, any rescaling of Kerbin is entirely unsupported and probably wouldn't work due to how PQS worked and how explicit coordinates don't work.

1 hour ago, Lupi said:

Due to the transition from PQS to direct coordinates for contracts in the pack, it wouldn't be all that possible. As of that change, any rescaling of Kerbin is entirely unsupported and probably wouldn't work due to how PQS worked and how explicit coordinates don't work.

Oh, well that sucks, aircraft are kind of pointless with SSRSS in that case :(

10 hours ago, Lupi said:

8 hours ago, lakajadiwa2 said:

Oh, well that sucks, aircraft are kind of pointless with SSRSS in that case :(

It might be a good idea to offer a version stripped of any location dependencies for RSS/others. The tool shed for the barnstorming contract should still be fine (right? since it spawns at the KSC?) but I imagine with the island hangars moved and such, things could get weird.

@inigma, I started messing around with CC and put together a test contract. I don't know if I should work on a whole independent contract pack or if it would be easier to put them in the mod (I'd like to hijack a few things like the tool sheds, and honestly, it's just a copy/paste hackjob of GAP contracts.). Anyway, it follows the form: requires an air-breathing engine, runway check, fly above 2500m, reach 250m/s, barnstorming the tool shed and land safely.

2 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

-snip-

All you'd have to do is replace the specific coordinates with PQS stuff, I believe. I remember Inigma said he moved to coordinates because PQS was being a buggy hassle. I'm probably not the best source, a lot of this stuff is half-remembered.

On 21/06/2016 at 9:06 PM, Lupi said:

Makes sense; if the waypoint thing isn't tied to CC, it would also explain why waypoint manager proceeded to get more and more broken each time I touched it in my test save.

Kopernicus had (has?) a bug where the PQS coordinates are randomly offset in mission control (when the contracts are generated).  I've since put in a workaround, so there shouldn't be any issues there anymore.  Not sure if that particular bug is was what steered @inigma away from the PQS stuff or not.

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Kopernicus had (has?) a bug where the PQS coordinates are randomly offset in mission control (when the contracts are generated).  I've since put in a workaround, so there shouldn't be any issues there anymore.  Not sure if that particular bug is was what steered @inigma away from the PQS stuff or not.

I think it was a problem with things spawning in terrain and exploding, or kerbals dying, or so on. Could've been related to that, maybe?

4 hours ago, Lupi said:

I think it was a problem with things spawning in terrain and exploding, or kerbals dying, or so on. Could've been related to that, maybe?

Using PQS was responsible for issues with spawning climbers for the K2 rescue and other spawn issues for other contracts due to collisions with the terrain on spawn. Lat long values were more reliable. It was because of this I decided to forgo PQS.  I might revisit it at some point in the future. 

7 hours ago, SpaceCommanderNemo said:

It might be a good idea to offer a version stripped of any location dependencies for RSS/others. The tool shed for the barnstorming contract should still be fine (right? since it spawns at the KSC?) but I imagine with the island hangars moved and such, things could get weird.

@inigma, I started messing around with CC and put together a test contract. I don't know if I should work on a whole independent contract pack or if it would be easier to put them in the mod (I'd like to hijack a few things like the tool sheds, and honestly, it's just a copy/paste hackjob of GAP contracts.). Anyway, it follows the form: requires an air-breathing engine, runway check, fly above 2500m, reach 250m/s, barnstorming the tool shed and land safely.

You are welcome to add any changes to the GAP pack as a contributor on GitHub. Anyone is welcome to join the GAP development project there. :)

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

Oh -- that's been remedied now?

I also noticed that even when Kopernicus was messing up in Mission Control, changing back and forth a couple times would reset things back to where they "aught" to be. Not sure it the mission objectives would also "bump" back to their intended locations when using this method, too.

I'm also going to point out Airplane Plus and Kerbal Rotor Expansion as two very good mods for GAP compatibility. I've built a techtree expansion for APP, am currently tweaking the APP engines to be a little more accurate / useful to gameplay. I feel that KRX is good as is, so far.

GAP update: all contracts fully CC 1.17 compatible, and contract sorting finished *whew*.

Now on to the critical bug: Charter Flight 4 is all you're being offered.  Well, it's actually worse than that. All other repeatable contracts (max completions = 0) that come later in the sort order in Mission Control will never generate.  If you set Charter Flight 4 max completions = 1, then Flight 45 will generate.... forever... until you set its max completion above 0 as well. It appears to be a CC bug at this point. I've reported it.  This bug affects KSC Coast Guard and other repeatable contracts in other groups.

https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/560

Edited by inigma

I'm running into a problem with Flight 4.  I can load the outbound passengers with no problem, but when once I land on the island runway and try to unload them, the contract fails as soon as I unload the first passenger. How am I supposed to complete the contract?

On 8/22/2016 at 3:33 PM, armegeddon said:

I'm running into a problem with Flight 4.  I can load the outbound passengers with no problem, but when once I land on the island runway and try to unload them, the contract fails as soon as I unload the first passenger. How am I supposed to complete the contract?

try unloading your outbound passengers first, then your inbound.

GAP update: CC 1.18 will fix the issue with GAP stopping at Charter Flight 4.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.