Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

4 minutes ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

Wait, which EST is it? I don't know american time zones.

EST is normally UTC -5.

We're doing daylight savings time now, so we moved up an hour. It's EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), and is GMT-4.

Also, we're having a lot of messages passed back and forth. Could you please remind me what your role was, again?

Edited by Dman979

5 minutes ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

Hang on, what time is it where the time is kept? Its 11:42 pm here now. I havent got a role yet, ask Zoo, I guess im backup anything at this point.

at the time you sent your message, it was 09:42, or 9:42 AM.

2 minutes ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

I "might" be able to make the launch, It'll be midnight though...

that's pretty late. It'll probably be a ~3-hour committment, including getting there ~1 hour before liftoff.

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

IIRC, there was going to be some sort of time warping.

no time warping, add me back to the skype please. when it's Ok to have no time warping we'll have it without TW, for lunar missions or ones spanning more than a couple of hours in mission time we'd have it going on TW, not everyone has to be here for after the launch. mainly EECOM (which can be replaced) and a manager

11 minutes ago, EladDv said:

no time warping, add me back to the skype please. when it's Ok to have no time warping we'll have it without TW, for lunar missions or ones spanning more than a couple of hours in mission time we'd have it going on TW, not everyone has to be here for after the launch. mainly EECOM (which can be replaced) and a manager

i would agree,no timewarp on these short missions,it adds a lot to realism

Ok, I've made a decision once again. Due to a lack of controllers and the fact we're starting to scramble, that the manned launch is scrubbed. We will focus again solely on the smaller projects I mentioned on page 60 until June 15 as we return to our launch schedule. 

However, I will say this. I have seen us make things that some would have said were impossible. We now have codes, launch abort systems, automated systems and so many more. We have made a bold step to make this program greater, and make the realism so much more.   

This RSP has indeed been true to its name and has become as close as one can get to a Real Space Program. We have experienced trial and error, as well as success and bitter defeat. We wish to bring ourselves to closer than ever to space, and always look to the horizons beyond. Our horizon is bigger than ever, and one I am certain we can achieve. I believe that by the end of the year, we can gather the effort to land a man on the moon. I easily believe we can build a rocket capable of taking us there, and for us to design the hardware and programs to make it possible.

This may be cliche, but this is possible and a very very achievable goal. I have seen our best, and I've seen our worst, and this is possible. The only way to leave the path better, is to do something great, and something that others would call, impossible.

I hope to see our endeavors bare fruits of success, and I hope to lead us there, and even if I cannot, I hope however leads us there can be successful. Even if we fail, I thank the community for helping us reach this point. Thank you to everyone who's everyone who's ever helped. I hope this project has shown how a fantastic idea can be shared by so many. 

Lets do this.

Change in plans everybody! We're trying to get a crew together to launch on April 24 (time tbd)

We HAVE 
Flight Director @ZooNamedGames
Astronaut @Ethan3369
FAO @ILikeIke
Booster/GNC @EladDv
LOD/CAPCOM @agent 902

We NEED (mission-critical)
Booster
PAO ( @CliftonM what is your status?)
Backup astronaut (sign up for a WANT console position and take astronaut if our man doesn't show up)

We WANT
Tracking
EECOM
Recovery 
Backup for all mission control consoles

Please respond in this thread if you're interested in participating in any capacity!

4 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

The 24th? Okay. I am on Recovery. I should be Go for this launch. What time will it be on? Should I get on Skype to discuss it?

3-4pm EST, and yes.

We are currently GO for this launch, we are only needing a GO/NOGO from @CliftonM. Also @adsii1970, need an altered logo please!

Launch is at 4pm EST, 20:00 UTC. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.