Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

I agree, so long as he wants to be a part of this project. It's all up to you now, Nathan! :)

Meanwhile, Nathan contemplates whether or not he should take up the offer.

5 hours ago, AlextheBodacious said:

No offense but that has the same framerate as your twitch streams, Cliffton M.

I don't know who's stream you were watching, but I will tell you that it's set to a solid 30 FPS.  I will admit that KSP itself had a low frame rate at the time, but it was having problems at the time due to certain mods causing some memory leaks.  If you look at the ticker at the bottom, you will indeed see that it is running an extremely high frame rate for streaming.  I'm guessing many other streamers don't even make 30 FPS, so you might want to check out the stats before posting.  My computer had a lot of stress on it at the time, which caused KSP to slow down.  You also need to remember that there was less than a 30 second lag, so the quality of the stream is quite high.

11 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

I could be a guidance officer if you need one.

OK.  If we don't hear from @NathanKell, or if he doesn't want to do it, or if you REALLY want the position, you're accepted.  I think we'll also need a CAPCOM for manned missions, and we can always use extra help.

8 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

I couldn't handle being a cheerleader AND guidance.

Exactly.  You can't cheerlead AND be on the football team.  :)

2 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

I'd say go with Duo; my strength is much more in building things than flying. :)

OK.  Guidance doesn't require flying though.

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

Telemetry basically means reading the KER/Mechjeb readouts, amirite? :P I think I'd probably be reporting G Forces, and if the current Kerbal pilot feels happy/sad/angry or is initiating crew action of some sort.

that would be me. Im the man in the can.

Guidance manages the flight path, trajectory and so on. Any burns or maneuvers are his to manage. 

5 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

that would be me. Im the man in the can.

Guidance manages the flight path, trajectory and so on. Any burns or maneuvers are his to manage. 

I'll have to listen to some actual NASA chatter to get an idea of what to do.

18 minutes ago, goldenpeach said:

Is there other positions available?

If yes, what are they?

I would be interested to participate in this  :)

I'm not quite sure.  We're currently figuring out CAPCOM and Guidance, but I think we need track? <-- with a question mark.  @ZooNamedGames will know this information.

5 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Since there's actually an uptick in interest in this, rather than overloading the existing crew I think it makes sense to start a sister organization. :)

(So I'll be posting a thread shortly)

OK.  This could be interesting...

4 hours ago, DuoDex said:

I could be a guidance officer if you need one.

1 hour ago, goldenpeach said:

Is there any positions available?

If yes, what are they?

I would be interested to participate in this  :)

I'm fairly sure that we can find a position for anyone who's interested in this.  I can put you on the document if you want to join.  If you want you can PM me your google email so you can edit it too.

44 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Since there's actually an uptick in interest in this, rather than overloading the existing crew I think it makes sense to start a sister organization. :)

As CliftonM says, this could get interesting...

What is our opinion on reverting? 
Here's the options I've laid out:

1. Revert only if a crash or bug appears
  2. Revert if anything goes wrong
  3. Never revert, ever

Personally, I like option 1 the best, but since we're doing larger missions, we should be thinking about it. 

@legoclone09 how soon will the manned flight hardware (we must have a program, capsule, and rocket name this time) be ready?  No rush, but we should schedule maybe a week between finalizing the design and liftoff.

1 minute ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

What is our opinion on reverting? 
Here's the options I've laid out:

1. Revert only if a crash or bug appears
  2. Revert if anything goes wrong
  3. Never revert, ever

59 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Fascinating. Would there be any jobs I could do with no mods or anything like that? I know it's unlikely, but hey, no harm in asking.

4 hours ago, CliftonM said:

I don't know who's stream you were watching, but I will tell you that it's set to a solid 30 FPS.  I will admit that KSP itself had a low frame rate at the time, but it was having problems at the time due to certain mods causing some memory leaks.  If you look at the ticker at the bottom, you will indeed see that it is running an extremely high frame rate for streaming.  I'm guessing many other streamers don't even make 30 FPS, so you might want to check out the stats before posting.  My computer had a lot of stress on it at the time, which caused KSP to slow down.  You also need to remember that there was less than a 30 second lag, so the quality of the stream is quite high.

All I had seen in the linked second half was failure to render the mission rocket... this one, right?  http://www.twitch.tv/cliftonm/v/48247295

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.