Mood music for each planet or moon

1 hour ago, SQUAD said:

Gameplay tweaks are also being made, Brian (Arsonide) for example spent the few hours he had inbetween moving state making sure the contracts system became better integrated into the game, and he added a new feature as well. The game will now not only learn which type of contract you prefer (for example satellite deployment over tourist contracts), but also which destinations float your boat. The game will take note if you execute many contracts near Dres or Vall, and adjust the supply of contracts based on that information.

Neat. This made me come up with a suggestion. How about making each planet feel a little more unique and interesting by having each planet/Mun have it's own theme soundtrack? Maybe even have different songs play depending on altitude! Perhaps a more sedate tempo when in high orbit, and a more attention-getting one when in low or sub-orbital flight? :)

Actually, I volunteered to do this a couple months back on my synthesizers (Korg M-50 and Korg Kaossilator)

I talked to one of the moderators about it and wrote the DEV team, but never heard anything back. 
I just assumed they were too busy with 1.1 to worry about an additional soundtrack.

13 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Actually, I volunteered to do this a couple months back on my synthesizers (Korg M-50 and Korg Kaossilator)

I talked to one of the moderators about it and wrote the DEV team, but never heard anything back. 
I just assumed they were too busy with 1.1 to worry about an additional soundtrack.

Dude, get back in contact with them as this would be a great feature that would surely deepen the mood/tension etc in many things we do on KSP.

Yes, I know we can use YouTube or other means for music,  but to have it "hit" you with a music change would make KSP soooo much better, and lets face it, there isnt much that could do that.

11 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

Dude, get back in contact with them as this would be a great feature that would surely deepen the mood/tension etc in many things we do on KSP.

Yes, I know we can use YouTube or other means for music,  but to have it "hit" you with a music change would make KSP soooo much better, and lets face it, there isnt much that could do that.

Well, the offer is open ended, and I'm not going anywhere.  After 1.1 is finished and things settled down a bit I'll send them another e-mail.

Ideas:

Duna, starts as a low chant in high orbit, which morphs into Bedoin music much like Joe's cover as you approach the ground.

Laythe: Very aquatic sounding, deep and distant.

Mün: Adventurous music, like the Jurrasic Park theme.

Eeloo: Lonely, with a tingle of boldness.

Eve: Starts out angelic in high orbit, but becomes angry and harsh by the surface.

Edited by MatttheCzar

Mood music for each planet would be an excellent idea. It would blend in well with the surroundings, and you would have a different experience everytime you visit a different planet. Plus, another reason to go interplanetary!

I agree heavily with this. I think music would be a good touch.

On 20/01/2016 at 8:11 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Have you heard about @UpsilonAerospace's music? He's actually been making planet-specific music for a bit of time :)

This is a great theme for Duna. I think it would be even better if the music for the planets was community created!

I'd like a good soundtrack for KSP.  I disable the stock music mainly because of that awful racket in the SPH/VAB.  It's worse than the Gold Saucer music in FFVII.  I tend to queue up the epic soundtracks to movies like Interstellar, Sunshine, Gravity etc.

I'd love to have something orchestral like that, but context-sensitive as well.

Everybody must remember the first time they made orbit and the music kicked in.  So context-sensitivity is in there already?  So on re-entry I want something tense, while floating in a stable orbit something ambient with maybe the occasional bit of David Bowie or Pink Floyd.  After a crash, something sentimental.  The list goes on.

I suggested something like this a ways back... my Idea was that the user can modify a file to include the path to music to be played in certain SoI or surfaces. Users would simply put whatever song they want to use.

Looking forward to such possibilities in the future and endorses Ideas like these in the meantime =)

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.