[1.6.0] Extrasolar v1.8.0 [12/21/18]

Andi K.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Not for me. I may or may not have added it after creating the save so the epoch may be offset. The seam is within daylight.

Either way, I'll get to fixing those.

12 hours ago, capi3101 said:

Hey @AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures, out of curiosity, did Hauna and Vedre disappear with the latest version of this mod? I didn't see if/where they had in the release notes. I've been working on a navigational aid over on the Alcubierre Drive thread and I wanted to come up with some data for various planet packs, and this one was suggested to me. I found the data I needed after combing through the .cfg files for all of the extant planets/moons in the mod except for those two, thus prompting the question. If they do still exist, I need to know their radii and geeASL parameters.

Yes, Hauna and Vedre are no longer in Extrasolar. I just wasn't happy with them so I removed them 1 or 2 updates ago.

3 hours ago, Andrey.gr said:

Is there any fix or workaround, all my experiments in the archive section of the technology station are gone and invisible when installing this mod? I've to start it all over again  or it's a bug?

Haven't noticed that before. I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yes, Hauna and Vedre are no longer in Extrasolar. I just wasn't happy with them so I removed them 1 or 2 updates ago.

Alright, thanks. Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind there...

26 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I have downloaded all the supported mods, all versions correct and all compatible, but it won't apply on these planets, not even the configs are at the folders. Do I have to download the configs separately?

That's definitely not right haha. Did you install it using CKAN? Because that might be your problem. Could you take a screenshot of your gamedata folder and post it here?

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

22 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah I know I need to fix that. Does it only look that way if you put something in orbit around Valentine and go to the map view?

Well, it turned back to the place it's supposed to be after I leaved the tracking station and gone back in. But now a persistent problem is that the Valentine gas giants has a very very low atmo pressure, and all (and I mean absolutely all) the rocky objects with atmosphere has a same atmo pressure at 0.6 atm, and even weirder is that the moon of Heba has a atmo scattering effect but no atmosphere.

Is all the things I mentioned above supposed to be?

25 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

Well, it turned back to the place it's supposed to be after I leaved the tracking station and gone back in. But now a persistent problem is that the Valentine gas giants has a very very low atmo pressure, and all (and I mean absolutely all) the rocky objects with atmosphere has a same atmo pressure at 0.6 atm, and even weirder is that the moon of Heba has a atmo scattering effect but no atmosphere.

Is all the things I mentioned above supposed to be?

Okay to address those things.

The gas giants having a very low displayed atmospheric pressure is a known problem that I need to fix. However, although it displays that really low atmospheric pressure, in reality, if you were to send a probe into the atmosphere of Heba, the probe would experience several atmospheres of pressure.

As for all of the rocky bodies having the same atmospheric pressure, it's similar to what I said above. It is displaying the atmospheric pressure of the template those planets are based on (in this case, Laythe). Again, I know this is a problem and I know exactly how to fix it. 

As for the moon of Heba having scattering but no atmosphere, that was to simulate the red glow a body that hot would have.

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No problem. I wonder, though, what Andrew would do. afaik, dV maps tend to have a homeworld at the root of the tree and don't account for multiple stars or interstellar travel. 

Something along the lines of this.

nuYvn8O.png

Reddit FTW!

Edited by Starslinger999

I've considered doing a delta-V map for this (and a few other) planet packs; my trouble is that I don't fully grok all of the figures. I've got transfers down, and I've got landings down on bodies without atmosphere (I think); it's the others that are giving me headaches. Certainly willing to give it a go once I figure out what the crap I'm doing...

On 20.3.2016 at 3:58 PM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Okay. There is RSS Extrasolar, realistic scale, and stock scale. RSS Extrasolar is a completely different mod. Realistic scale works well with 64K or the 10x Kerbol System mod. Stock scale is just for the normal Kerbol System without any scaling mods installed. Does that clear things up a little? I think I've found a way to add support for 64K so I'll try that out and release an update if it works.

Does this work with RSS?
RSS Extrasolar is RSS Constellations, right? I try to find a Planet Pack that works in 1.3. with RSS as a primary system (in Galactic neighborhood RSS is a secondary System too).

2 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

Does this work with RSS?
RSS Extrasolar is RSS Constellations, right? I try to find a Planet Pack that works in 1.3. with RSS as a primary system (in Galactic neighborhood RSS is a secondary System too).

No, I don't believe Extrasolar works with RSS.

But yes, RSS Extrasolar is RSS Constellations.

5 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

No, I don't believe Extrasolar works with RSS.

But yes, RSS Extrasolar is RSS Constellations.

Damn! tried it, no Extrasolar planets and sun appear, earth gets no light, so no it isnt working. had the hope to find a planet pack for RSS.

9 minutes ago, JohnMcLane said:

Damn! tried it, no Extrasolar planets and sun appear, earth gets no light, so no it isnt working. had the hope to find a planet pack for RSS.

Thats what I expected. You can try RSS Constellations, that adds exoplanets from real life into RSS.

22 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Thats what I expected. You can try RSS Constellations, that adds exoplanets from real life into RSS.

I tried Constellations, it loads in 1.3. but ground is bright yellow and the sky is black. But the stars and planets are there, thats a start.

2 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

I tried Constellations, it loads in 1.3. but ground is bright yellow and the sky is black. But the stars and planets are there, thats a start.

I experienced the same thing with the ground being lit up bright. I think the game thinks the other stars are closer and so Kerbin is being lit up by many stars or something. Not sure though, and no idea how I might fix it.

18 minutes ago, Sahadara said:

I experienced the same thing with the ground being lit up bright. I think the game thinks the other stars are closer and so Kerbin is being lit up by many stars or something. Not sure though, and no idea how I might fix it.

3 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

Judging by the thread title, RSS Constellations has not been updated to use the light curve features introduced in Kopernicus 1.3.0-5. Without the update, every star shines linearly over infinite distance.

4 hours ago, JohnMcLane said:

1 hour ago, Sahadara said:

As @JadeOfMaar said, Constellations is only compatible with version 1.2.2 of KSP. Since 1.2.2, there has been changes in Kopernicus relating to the amount of light that a star casts upon planets. Until RSSVE and RSS are both "officially" updated to 1.3.0, Constellations will not be updated, as both of those mods are dependencies for RSS Constellations.