[1.2.1] SimpleConstruction - Stock rocket building v3.3

MatterBeam

Yeah, but the ISRU should have a metal-refining-switch... which doesn't appear o.O

Edit: Seems to have been solved. There was a MM 2.6.5 in my Gamedata, no idea where that came from (seeing as the actual version is 2.6.24 or so)
Now it works.

Edited by cy-one

So, This may totally fly in the face of this very cool mod but I have to ask, so.  Does this mod by chance work with the parts from Planetary Base Systems? I really like the look of those bases, and this functionality with that ISRU/science lab would be nifty =)

2 hours ago, fozzthulu said:

So, This may totally fly in the face of this very cool mod but I have to ask, so.  Does this mod by chance work with the parts from Planetary Base Systems? I really like the look of those bases, and this functionality with that ISRU/science lab would be nifty =)

I'm changing the modulemanager-things right now to do that :wink:

Edit: Although that might take a while... *grumbles*

Edited by cy-one

Soooo, here we go

Ore Tanks

Replace content of ~/SimpleConstruction/Parts/OreTankSwitch.cfq with

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],#category[FuelTank],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ProceduralPart]] {
	MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Ore;Metal;RocketParts
		resourceAmounts = #$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$;$../RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
		@resourceAmounts[2,;] *= 2
		tankMass = #$../mass$
		basePartMass = 0.0
		displayCurrentTankCost = true
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		showInfo = true
	}
}

This will make all ore-holding tanks that are within the fuel-tank-category and haven't been touched by IsFS switchable to hold the same amount of metal, and the doubled amount of rocket parts (same as Simple Construction does)

At this time, it excludes procedural parts, as they're configurated totally different.

ISRU

Change the first line from 

@PART[ISRU]

to

@PART[*ISRU*]

I haven't found a good way yet to search for ISRU-parts, besides hoping they have the term ISRU in their internal name. In case of the Planetary Base ISRU, this works

Science Lab

Change the first line from

@PART[Large_Crewed_Lab]

to

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]

I'll add (if possible) another criteria: Crew when I figure out how. For now, this adds the RocketPrinting-mechanic to every part that identifies as Science Lab (by actually having a ModuleScienceLab).

I personally also changed the ISRU's button's labels to

StartActionName = Start ISRU [Metal Refining]    
    StopActionName = Stop ISRU [Metal Refining]

as that fits better with how the ISRU is labelled XD 

Anyway, this should in theory work, if it doesn't, please say so.

Edited by cy-one
hotfix

@MatterBeam a little suggestion. Many players already use IFS in their installs. Having it inside your mod is a little pain, the two plugin need to stay at the same release version to work properly and btw is not wise to have to copy of the same .dll in GameData. Would you like to redistribute IFS in his own folder?

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

@MatterBeam a little suggestion. Many players already use IFS in their installs. Having it inside your mod is a little pain, the two plugin need to stay at the same release version to work properly and btw is not wise to have to copy of the same .dll in GameData. Would you like to redistribute IFS in his own folder?

I have three options:

-Redistribute IFS for a no-hassle install, which works best for people with little modding experience.

-Put it in a separate folder, at the risk of the afore-mentioned people messing up their install.

-Adding IFS as a dependency...

Which do you think will fit SimpleConstruction best?

Maybe you can mix the 2 and 3 option, redistribute it as a dependency.

Obviously is your choice. Today I noticed that in the VAB I was unable to have any kind of fuel inside my tanks, at all.

After some digging in the Game Data folder I saw that the IFS inside your mod was a different release than the one I took with Interstellar Extended.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:01 PM, MatterBeam said:

I have three options:

-Redistribute IFS for a no-hassle install, which works best for people with little modding experience.

-Put it in a separate folder, at the risk of the afore-mentioned people messing up their install.

-Adding IFS as a dependency...

Which do you think will fit SimpleConstruction best?

I say offer 2 downloads:

1. If you do not use Interstellar Fuel Switch (If you don't know, use this one!)
  2. If you do use Interstellar Fuel Switch

Not ideal, but the best I can come up with :)

Having an issue, I built a Station for building ships on the moon and it will not build.... stuck at zero. Tested the station on the launch pad, works flawlessly... tested the same station on the moon with the same build, and it's stuck at 0%. I'm stumped.xNzRJlB.jpgerp5g4v.jpg

Edited by TheKurgan

So,  last night I built a strictly stock station,  no IR parts,  nothing tweak-scaled,  BONE stock...  I landed it on the Mun,  and it refused to build. It will build out on the VAB launch pad,  but not on the Mun. Are there any known mods that this is incompatible with? 

Edited by TheKurgan

Here are the mods I use

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64)
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.2
B9 Part Switch - 1.3
B9 Aerospace - 6.1.1
B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.1.1
B9 Aerospace Legacy Parts - 6.1.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.2
Firespitter - 7.2.4
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.0.7
JSIAdvTransparentPods - 0.1.6
RasterPropMonitor - 0.26
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.10
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 0.7.1
TweakScale - 2.2.12

@TheKurgan It could be that your vessel productivity is at 0. I notice on the launchpad you had Valentina staffing your vehicle. If I recall, she's quite intelligent and will therefore boost the productivity.

If the staff you used on the Mun are too stupid, productivity will drop to 0 and nothing will be built.

Hope this helps :)

@TheKurgan It's not so much the level, but simply the lack of stupidity that affects productivity. I believe that even if you have a mix of stupid and non stupid, the stupid ones override the non stupid.

Right click on your vessel to check productivity, and take out the useless Kerbals. Once above 0 things should start happening.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not able to use fuel switch, for rocket parts, metal or any other kind of fuel. Nor do the features of this mod appear in the relevant parts. Has anyone else seen that problem? I still get the cost calculator thing in the VAB and SPH. (Incidentally, is it possible to hide that?)

I'm only running Planetary Bases, Planet Shine (currently not working), and Engine Light in adition to this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.