What part would YOU like to see added to KSP?

8 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

How about a collapsible fuel tank?  It's launched as something small, when it gets to orbit you click "expand" and it turns into a humongous tank.  It's only meant for station use, it will be destroyed if you try to land it.

Not judging, but how would that store fuel on the way u...OOOH I see!

28 minutes ago, Mikki said:

Seriously, petanimals capable wearing spacesuits.

Kats! Squad please! Give them fuzzy AI, so they do silly stuff like meowing randomly... :)!!!

You know, that's a good idea! Animal command pods! Put Wogs and Kats into early career mode pods!

Also,

2 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

Thrust plates and inter-stage fairings

Interstage fairings are slteady a thing. They just weren't made very obvious.

2 minutes ago, Andem said:

You know, that's a good idea! Animal command pods! Put Wogs and Kats into early career mode pods!

Also,

Interstage fairings are slteady a thing. They just weren't made very obvious.

I'm referring to an actual interstage fairing to be used with thrust plates.

Yes, you can cobble one together with beams and the procedural fairings, but that's not a really a "thing" it's a workaround.

3 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I'm referring to an actual interstage fairing to be used with thrust plates.

Yes, you can cobble one together with beams and the procedural fairings, but that's not a really a "thing" it's a workaround.

I'm unsure what you mean. Excluding thrust plates, you can attach the fairings to parts quite easily.

Jet engines that you can slap underneath your ship to make it a VTOL craft, with lightning fast throttle control and a large gimbal range.

I'm all for the inflatable fuel tanks as well, and a nuclear reactor that does nothing but spew out a crapton of ElectricCharge and heat when you switch it on.

On 3/14/2016 at 6:13 AM, TopHeavy11 said:

Not judging, but how would that store fuel on the way u...OOOH I see!

Yeah, a refueling station.  It would also help if there was a "refuel" button--fill all fuel tanks on this side of the docking port from the tanks on the other side of it.

In order of WANT:

- a rotating joint to build VTOL engines, robotic arms, adjustable docking ports and such stuff

- an open end inline cargo bay in 1.25 and 2.5 m to build custom sized bays like with the Mk. 3 parts.

- space station module parts with new science

- a combobulated discombobulator

Like regex, I would like procedural tanks and wings. I'd also like the procedural tanks to predictably and automatically change texture based on size and content, so you can tell at a glance (as you can now) what the tanks contain. Unlike regex, I won't use the word "crappy" to describe part of the game.

I also agree with Talavar that a hinge would be wonderful. I'm hopeful that the bugs that keep us from having a stock hinge (and that keep Infernal Robotics in a constant state of buggyness) are just magically gone in Unity 5, but I've not heard anything on that so I assume they're still there.

In addition, I'd like a way to transfer fuel between craft, be it with an IVA fuel line or just a way to say "transfer the fuel between these 2 craft." I'll take anything. We've got refueling bases, we need a better way to transfer fuel than claw-cars and landing on docking ports.

I'd also like cities and clouds. And when I say "cities" I mean buildings and roads. And freeways between them.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'd also like cities and clouds. And when I say "cities" I mean buildings and roads. And freeways between them.

So much THIS! The notion of having a space-faring species like the Kerbals while the entire planet is completely unpopulated, save for the KSC, really makes no sense. You would at least expect SOME buildings to be spread around all over Kerbin. Having more cities, roads, airports and other general objects would make flying aircraft a lot more interesting, as you could have missions to air-taxi a VIP from airport to airport in early career.

Even without adding gameplay, a populated Kerbin would really add to the suspension of disbelief.

8 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

So much THIS! The notion of having a space-faring species like the Kerbals while the entire planet is completely unpopulated, save for the KSC, really makes no sense. You would at least expect SOME buildings to be spread around all over Kerbin. Having more cities, roads, airports and other general objects would make flying aircraft a lot more interesting, as you could have missions to air-taxi a VIP from airport to airport in early career.

Even without adding gameplay, a populated Kerbin would really add to the suspension of disbelief.

As long as its destructibleTM ,that's good enough for me...:wink:

15 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

4 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

As long as its destructibleTM ,that's good enough for me...:wink:

and a financial penalty for damaging civilian structures or vehicles. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.