The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When, in a delusion state of kinda-sorta-not-really-asleep, an image of a craft flashes in your mind, you judge it to be an SSTO since it's only engines are RAPIERS, after getting some sleep and getting on KSP, you build it, launch it, and lo-and-behold, it actually is an SSTO.

Either that, or when everything that the announcer says during a rocket launch makes perfect sense, since you know so much about orbital mechanics and rocket science.

When you are contunually lurking on the forums when I have a dumb laws of life essay due tomorrow, which I'd rather ignore and keep lurking.

Also, when you can build a 1000+ part interplanetary colony ship for Lathe in your head and it works.

When you can have a perfectly intelligent conversation about orbital mechanics with a friend, only to realize he has no clue what you are talking about (and then proceed to give him a crash course in orbital mechanics).

EDIT:

When you leave your room mumbling about failure and your sister says "Moar boosters?"

If you laugh(like I did) when seeing this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=723099847709242&set=a.240767269275838.66315.240760572609841&type=1

NOTE: I'm not the creator of the image, Cropine (from reddit) have all the credit for the image(which I found when the Facebook page of KSP).

PS:if you don't understand the joke, "99 problem" is a song(you can find the lyrics here: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/99-Problems-lyrics-Jay-Z/91AC14F077BCF79848256DDF0006C3F1)

I saw this one day not sure who posted it but, a player’s wife asked him to come to bed and his reply was “I do not have the required Delta V for that maneuver.â€Â

When you're on a Boeing 737-300 and thinking about asking the Flight Attendants "What is the specific impulse of the engines, the total mass, and the dry mass because I want to blast this thing into space!" errr....... maybe not the best question to ask anymore

When you’re on the same flight and you start talking about the aircraft’s design and SSTO’s with a really cute girl next to you that has no clue what you are talking about.

When you’re almost 30 and pondering quite seriously to go back to college and change careers to Aerospace Engineering.

All these are sadly true with me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.