1/4/16 Spacecraft Friday - April Fools Edition!

kn81KUd.jpg

Well, I've recovered from that nasty cold and back to normalish life, and now it's my turn to showcase some craft that have been uploaded this past week! Some awesome stuff has been uploaded recently, a good mix of different kinds of craft. 1.1 pre-release also came out which brought a few new changes that required many regular builders to change their ways. But the stuff they churned out, regardless of a buggy pre-release, is still quite impressive.

*INSERT JOKE I CAN'T REMEMBER HERE*

Disclaimer:

Spoiler

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I am not official in any way, shape, or form. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

SO! Without any more of my boring talk about ado's and adon'ts, on with the show(case)! (I know, I know. It's not a show. Don't bite me)

| Star Wars VII Landspeeder |

by @Mad Rocket Scientist

First up, a very nice replica of Rey's speeder from Star Wars VII, completely awesome!

With two mini jet engines strapped on the back, and assorted parts "Found lying by the side of the road", I think it truly encapsulates the true awesomeness of the vehicle. Nice work MRS! :) 

kl5wH4q.png

| Star Wars BZT XJ-6 Airspeeder |

by @PointySideUp

Sticking with the Star Wars stuff, this is a very nice craft indeed. PointySideUp used parts very well to create some very nice aesthetics all over the craft. If only it was yellow...

lu5rERJ.png

| "The Martian" Rover Replica |

by @Vagani

Hmm... another sci fi film... :cool:

This replica of the rover that Matt Damon drives in the movie 'The Martian' is certainly fit for the sense of exploration that KSP possesses.

Quite an accurate replica too, and a beautiful kerbal recreation as well. Time for some epic Duna Donuts!

| Stock Swivel Jet |

by @evader

This is what kerbal innovation is all about. A really cool design by evader, with a 360 degree rotating engine section built with a stock hinge/bearing attached to a nice maneuverable plane. What I like is that the engines remain pointing in the direction you set them even when you pitch the aircraft :)

| V-Copter |

by @castille7

The most recent addition to the Space Craft Exchange. It just snuck in! This is just a nice looking craft and a very kerbal idea. Who needs rotors when you have much less efficient jet engines right?

| Next Generation Thermo Hinge |

by @Majorjim

Basically all I can say is, AWESOME! This is probably the coolest invention so far in KSP 1.1. Majorjim's redo of his already famous Thermometer hinge, now it's even smaller!

So there we have it. Another excellent week in the Spacecraft Exchange. Thankyou all for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have enjoyed looking at all the amazing craft showcased here today.

Please let me know what you think of this edition, and if there is anything that you think could be improved, please kindly let me know. :)Thanks to all of the builders who's craft made it here, and to those who may not have made it in. These choices were my personal opinion and the ones that I thought deserved to be showcased. 

Thanks again and HAPPY FLYING!

YargJay9991

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

EEK! Thanks for the mention, and I love the other choices too, thanks for putting this together, and on time too! It's actually friday. Oh. wait... It's April 1st..

Haha! No worries... :)

Is anyone else experiencing weird formatting issues here?

YargJay9991

@Mad Rocket Scientist
@PointySideUp
Awesome little Star Wars Craft, you two know me I love hover stuff! both are so cool!

@Vagani 
Really nice Rover, I like how much angle a climb can be without the frontend getting hit, among a few of the cool features this craft offers, a really cool design.

@evader
Very nice work and a nifty little craft!

@Majorjim
We can't ever say enough about this guy's creations, the innovation you are showing here is nothing short of amazing, keep them coming slow pro! (A little inside joke we say here)

Congratulations to all of you for being featured today on SCF!

@YargJay9991 Nice craft picks, well put together SCF thank you for your time and efforts putting it together, also for the mention of my craft!

Thanks for the selection & congrats to those featured as well.  Quite a number of my past crafts were (no so secretly) created with the intention of getting on Spacecraft Fridays but my persistence finally paid off.  :)

... and I promise to make better production videos next time!

Edited by evader

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.