[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Hmmm....Drones can't win, but what about this?  This would just be an exhibition match I guess.  Oh, and it takes off VERTICALLY so please orient these two that way.

b64c6345f5b7ed946286ffaac8e2e0c9.png

Actually I'll just have a 2v2 exhibition match on my own computer and post the video results.  2 of these things vs. 2 of the reigning champions planes.

Edit - Where is the AI unit on Surpreme Fighter 2?

Edited by Draconiator

8 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

KSP: ASC King of the Hill captjo vs jrodriguez

jrodriguez secures the win with a 2-1 lead. A fairly even matchup and captjo's entry shows it still has some teeth at the end.

Well played @jrodriguez ! 

@g00bd0g if someone has already won 2-0 you don't have to record a 3rd round. Heh.  The MK theme is really only for matches that make it to the 3rd round, since its considered the deathmatch round. But no worries. Thanks for recording these! captjo is just glad he doesn't have to face your VulTors later down the line... heh

OP updated with results and new submissions.

Edited by inigma

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Hmmm....Drones can't win, but what about this?  This would just be an exhibition match I guess.  Oh, and it takes off VERTICALLY so please orient these two that way.

b64c6345f5b7ed946286ffaac8e2e0c9.png

Actually I'll just have a 2v2 exhibition match on my own computer and post the video results.  2 of these things vs. 2 of the reigning champions planes.

Edit - Where is the AI unit on Surpreme Fighter 2?

Very nice! Can you send a link with that craft? I would like to test them!

No video, but I did test them out vs. Supreme Fighter 2.  2v2, and one of the SF2s crashed on takeoff because I forgot to look at the angle it was pointing.  However the other one took off fine and eventually blew BOTH drones out of the sky.  so I suppose...Captjo has the craft to beat here.  I think I may have a contender though...

I will throw the Stiletto into the ring once I refine it.  Look out for it!

2 hours ago, inigma said:

Well played @jrodriguez ! 

@g00bd0g if someone has already won 2-0 you don't have to record a 3rd round. Heh.  The MK theme is really only for matches that make it to the 3rd round, since its considered the deathmatch round. But no worries. Thanks for recording these! captjo is just glad he doesn't have to face your VulTors later down the line... heh

OP updated with results and new submissions.

Can I still run the 3rd match? It's super easy once everything is set up, and it allows for a bit of redemption for close competitions. Both capjo and rodriguez vehicles have evolved to incorporate very similar features. I suspect any one of us could win.

Edited by g00bd0g

11 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

KSP: ASC King of the Hill captjo vs jrodriguez

jrodriguez secures the win with a 2-1 lead. A fairly even matchup and captjo's entry shows it still has some teeth at the end.

Dayumm, I should work on the Thassa a little more considering I know it loses to the X-Wing

22 minutes ago, Redshift OTF said:

Sorry @inigma Can I replace Stealth Weasel v2 with Stealth Weasel v2.1? That nose was flapping about too much for my liking. Thanks. :)

sOA0Lz0.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9mK0rPybNaxM01PN3RHTklLRFk

I need a static link in case you update it in the future. Is this link static?

22 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Can I still run the 3rd match? It's super easy once everything is set up, and it allows for a bit of redemption for close competitions. Both capjo and rodriguez vehicles have evolved to incorporate very similar features. I suspect any one of us could win.

Yes of course. :) 

43 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Yes of course. :) 

I'll update it, but going forward we need all submissions to either be on KerbalX.com or dropbox. :) saves time having to edit all changes. :)

So I just tested my Nightmare against the Yipper, and I troubleshot while in the air. Yipper won 2-1, and I need some suggestions. When I start the competition, planes take off as usual, but mine doesn't get up to its minimum height (should be at 600m) while going to start position, so it feels it has to vertically climb to 600m then fight. This lost me a couple fights.The fluke that my plane actually got to 600m before the beginning, I won due to my plane being ready. What should I do to keep this from happening?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.