[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

10 minutes ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Are .craft files made in 1.0.5 compatible with 1.1, or do we have to make a whole new plane?

Stock files, yes. You'll have to wait on mods to be updated to 1.1 (don't bug the modders about it, give 'em their time), so if you need to do so, strip your planes of modded parts prior to porting them over into 1.1.

56 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Are we still playing in 1.05 or did we switch to 1.1? Some parts don't work in the new update.

1.0.5 until the last contenders on the board go through, and then we move to 1.1 (as well as once BDA's ready for 1.1 use).

7 hours ago, inigma said:

I should have caught this one. Thassa is not manned. It needs to manned. Match is disqualified, but since the King won it, it simply gets added to pad his stats. :)

We will process the current roster as much as possible before opening up Series II.

Very well, considering the Thassa was actually manned originally it would be trivially easy to modify to accomodate a Kerbal.

Unfortunately for you guys I don't feel intent on re-entering the Thassa or for that matter, any other fighter anymore.

3 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I've done some flights in 1.1, and BDA's pre-release works fine. It's more about other mods like landing gears.

Many other users are reporting AI bugs in the pre-release version of BDA for 1.1.

10 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

1.1 is in pre-release and challenges aren't supposed to be made involving it until it has been fully released AFAIK

I'm not involved in this challenge myself but I figured the I'd let you guys know that just in case you get shut down by a moderator for infringing on this ... not everyone has 1.1 and it isn't necessarily fair towards those who don't have 1.1 to be prevented from entering into this challenge due to them not having 1.1 just because they chose not to support steam

What?? challenges aren't supposed to be made in 1.1? seriously?  The point of a pre-release is to be tested and discover bugs as much as possible, the sooner the better. One of the best community activities to find bugs is a challenge (as the one we are doing here), a lot of people involved using a common set of mods and doing the same steps again and again.

10 hours ago, drtricky said:

Oh man, I am really, REALLY hoping lady luck doesn't screw over my fighter's AI again.

@inigma Are you now running the matches in 1.1, or 1.0.5?

Nevermind. BDA isn't ready for 1.1 yet, so yeah, I know you're definitely running the matches in 1.0.5.

BDA is working in 1.1

4 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

I'm just waiting on Adjustable Landing Gear then, that's the only other mod I use on my Nightmare.

If you want to test your plane in 1.1 it is very easy, just change the adj landing gear for standard landing gear. Then make a copy of your .craft file into the ships folder of your 1.1 installation, open it and change the version from 1.0.5 to 1.1, done!

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

Many other users are reporting AI bugs in the pre-release version of BDA for 1.1.

That could be normal. However, I have ran some tests and I didn't notice nothing strange so far. And I don't think the AI code has change at all for 1.1, but who knows...

Regarding a 1.1 ASC - Series I think it would be good because we will be testing KSP 1.1 and some other mods, discovering bugs, and thus improving KSP and mods. I would like to work with@inigma and all the people that want to be involve defining a  "ASC - Experimental series: Drone wars" :)

Edited by jrodriguez

52 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

If you want to test your plane in 1.1 it is very easy, just change the adj landing gear for standard landing gear. Then make a copy of your .craft file into the ships folder of your 1.1 installation, open it and change the version from 1.0.5 to 1.1, done!

I have to have adj landing gear though! It's my faaaaavorite. But seriously, if I put standard on there my plane wouldn't sit like it can now. Too tippy, can't taxi at all. I have also been having problems with wobble on takeoff using standard landing gear, plane wobbles back and forth to the point that everything explodes and mission fails miserably.

I will probably look into more regulated threads as well. I like the "no holds barred" idea, but after a time, it's just a flying battery with lasers and maybe a few missiles on it. At that point it's not even a plane.

Edited by Jakerblam22

Just now, JollyGreenGI said:

@Jakerblam22 My previous and current entries are both very conventional, and the previous held it's own for a while without ECM or missile spam. It's definitely got a lot of room left before we get to an unbeatable champion.

And that is why I'm still here. I like this idea, but disco parties for dogfights is the direction it's going. Also, ALL HAIL CONVENTIONAL DESIGNS!

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

You did a good job and the Thassa design still my fav :)

Did I? I lost to botched and incompetent design, got disqualified anyway which is worse than losing in a way.

The look is the only thing going for it at this point now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.