What is the Earliest massive forum controversy that you remember?

Rath

For me it was the Part Clipping y/n cheaty thing, but that was a bit protracted.  Other than that it was the ring of +10kn thing with kerbal classes.  

There was the SAVE THE ROUND-8 thing.

I got that off of the top of my head, probably was more. 

"Where's the update I personally deserve?" recurs fairly regularly and goes back quite a ways.

To add another one to the list - wasn't there a big hoo-haa about female kerbals or something?

There was some considerable kerfluffle about Paid DLC in the rather distant past... around the tine I found KSP but before I started playing. And then somebody deleted the forum and several months worth of posts and that particular controversy disappeared. 

I had been a member for about a month IIRC when the spaceport to Curse transition happened. By far the funniest was KasperVld's 2 weeks before April Fools April Fools joke last year. I fell for it so bad. Edit: Link.

Edited by Robotengineer

So pls forgive the " i'll be the weird guy with that weird answer again " aspect ; but: 

cziWYDD.png

this is the earliest massive forum controversy i remind.

ie=UTF-8#q=ea%20forum%20sim%20city%20kerbal

ZGG50cL.png

this is also the first place i heard about KSP ; )

seem like it sunk into "the massive controversy kind of thingies" depht xDr.

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I think the biggest one I got involved in was when zekes was announcing he was leaving over the "No more rocket companies" thing. Ticked me off that he did that and I still remember a lot of what I said from that. Yikes, was that cringeworthy on both our parts. We made up though.

On 14/04/2016 at 5:11 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Earliest I recall (and most common to this day) is "MechJeb is Cheating."

Please don't opine about whether or not it is, lest this thread get closed down. I'm listing it here as an example not as an opinion.

That. Also the loss of 6 months of forum in 2013 :P

11 hours ago, Bloojay said:

None! I just got here.

Hmm, let's see...  How does a generic KSP part addition/removal sound for you?  Or, we have a special on premium "member leaving the community."  That's 25% off for the week only.  

If you're ready for a step up, we can get you a modding website change. 

:wink: 

Yeah, the earliest forum kerfuffle I remember had to do with Zokesia. Then, after .23, every update there was "Why is this update taking so long? We used to get an update every 3-4 months!" 

I wasn't here in April of 2013, but that was a pretty big kerfuffle. :P 

There's also sad kerfuffles, like when @Rowsdower (and recently Dr Turkey too) left the position of Kommunity Manager.

• 3 weeks later...

The rainstorm that was "1.0 is too early" happened a few days after I joined the forums. Honestly, my mind only glanced about it not being ready, me being too focused on the features.

And then there was the "SAVE THE ROUND-8". My god, I don't know if it was just people hopping on a new bandwagon or if everyone really uses the Round-8 that much. I just use it for aesthetics..

And when 1.0 was released, the "heat shield" problem was the first thing i remember reading on the morning of April 28 (April 27 in other places). People proceeded to complain that their planes no longer work in the new Aerodynamics/They could no longer hog jets. (Aw, how cute.) They proceeded to call the update rushed, unpolished, and maybe even lazily done. I can't believe Kasper had the nerve to say that the response of 1.0 was great.

After that, the next thing that happened was a big blur ---Oh wait, PS4 versions. Oh god.

Then the Wii U.

Then the Xbox 1.

congretz squid xDDDDDDD

I was honestly really, really liquided that they decided to make the two 1.0.5 versions the same first few numbers. As in, the second patch fixes more than 1.0.2 did, and apparently it's less significant.

Of all the things I've seen, I think the Opt-In Prerelease was the most chaotic.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:23 AM, Atlas2342 said:

When KerbalStuff closed...

No, that was different. There weren't really two sides- just a mass mourning, with a few people who were angry at Squad.

I think I do remember the April 2013 crash. See, three years ago, I had a demo version of KSP that I absolutely adored. I visited the forums a few times (two times in a month, probably). One time in April, I came on, and there seemed to be a slight problem with the forums. I shrugged and came off, then didn't play KSP for the next 3 years.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, HoloYolo said:

I think the biggest one I got involved in was when zekes was announcing he was leaving over the "No more rocket companies" thing. Ticked me off that he did that and I still remember a lot of what I said from that. Yikes, was that cringeworthy on both our parts. We made up though.

Were you there for the great FleetMaster (Arcadia Skunkworks/ Voyager Labs) v Zekes (Zokesia) wars in the RB section? If you were- you likely remember the small flame Fleet tossed at me in the KMC.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.