Demum Perveniemus - A stock career report webcomic (Chapter 15!)

Parkaboy

Great to see this one again, absolutely loved it.

@Hotaru you're not the only one who noticed the design, in fact my first thought was "starclipper" although it's more of an X-33 come to think of it.

Also, congratulations on the SSTO, that can't be that easy without advanced engines.

On 4/19/2016 at 0:40 AM, Parkaboy said:

Demus Parveniemus will be a completely stock career game, played on normal difficulty, but with crew respan disabled and entry purchase required on research.

You gotta be kidding me,

It's impossible to get so high so early in the tech tree on normal difficulty.

Hey, I only just now discovered parka has another excellent comic going. The fun I've had catching up just barely outweighs the feeling that you guys were having a party in the kitchen all this time while I'm waiting around in the living room wondering where everyone went. :D 

21 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

You gotta be kidding me,

It's impossible to get so high so early in the tech tree on normal difficulty.

I promise this is normal difficulty with no cheats. What's helping me are the strategies: I'm converting 20% reputation and 20% funds to science. It seems Squad rebalanced the strategies and now they're actually useful. With a lot of simple satellite contracts, I get a steady flow of science points.

1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

I promise this is normal difficulty with no cheats. What's helping me are the strategies: I'm converting 20% reputation and 20% funds to science. It seems Squad rebalanced the strategies and now they're actually useful. With a lot of simple satellite contracts, I get a steady flow of science points.

Not trying to be a bother here Parkaboy, but will there be a new chapter of Plan Kappa anyone soon? Thanks!

*Determination.

Funny... I just made another water landing of my current career mode workhorse, the "Orbital Rocketplane Mk1". And although I use this design already for some time, and I made many flights already after finding this thread, I just noticed how much you (Parkaboy) suck at water landings. I don't mean to offend you, but: while I designed this vehicle for runway landings, I soon found LY-05 and LY-01 gears in KSP 1.1 to be way too easy to wreck during such a landing and to date, all successful missions of this vehicle splashed down near the KSC without accidents.

On 12/07/2016 at 10:46 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Not trying to be a bother here Parkaboy, but will there be a new chapter of Plan Kappa anyone soon? Thanks!

*Determination.

If you mean "Soon", then yes.

22 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Funny... I just made another water landing of my current career mode workhorse, the "Orbital Rocketplane Mk1". And although I use this design already for some time, and I made many flights already after finding this thread, I just noticed how much you (Parkaboy) suck at water landings. I don't mean to offend you, but: while I designed this vehicle for runway landings, I soon found LY-05 and LY-01 gears in KSP 1.1 to be way too easy to wreck during such a landing and to date, all successful missions of this vehicle splashed down near the KSC without accidents.

Well, in my defense, I did manage to water land the last one safely... :D

• 2 months later...

Nice to see this back again!

I once had a mission to the Mun where the command module's engine exploded. I still don't know why. This was in 0.24.

I was so scared I had lost my crew, when I remembered I had RCS Control.

They got home alive.

14 hours ago, insert_name said:

Im glad to see another chapter, is mort speaking about future updates to the series?

The bit about the movie is a little joke, but yeah, I don't know when I'll get back updating this and Plan Kappa regularly.

11 hours ago, max_creative said:

a failed Mun mission! Returning with the lunar lander! Well, that lander is definitely going to end up in a museum... 

What actully happened? Did it actually work and you just used it for an excuse for PokeyMango and the Olympics, or did something actually happen?

The docking ports were actually stuck. It's a bug where the docking port is set as undocked in the persistance file and the "decouple" option doesn't appear. I could have fixed it by messing with the persistance, but I decided to run with it and see if I could save the crew.

On 9/17/2016 at 3:10 PM, Parkaboy said:

The bit about the movie is a little joke, but yeah, I don't know when I'll get back updating this and Plan Kappa regularly.

The docking ports were actually stuck. It's a bug where the docking port is set as undocked in the persistance file and the "decouple" option doesn't appear. I could have fixed it by messing with the persistance, but I decided to run with it and see if I could save the crew.

WOOO Another episodeeeeee! This reminds me of the gillyquake in plan kappa :D It was also a glitch that was turned into a story element

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Yay! It's back!

I'm not trying to be angry here, just helpful, but in the last panel you called both probes "Adventurous 3."

You should add this to your sig. Come to think of it, I should probably add Nightmares to my sig as well...

Oops! I'll add a little note under the page. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments, folks! Here's another one!

J1dGcNG.jpg

eiBgk8T.jpg

yrZswDg.jpg

* Obviously Ron Kerman is a bit confused when he refers to our planet as "Earth" instead of "Kerbin" ;-)

eoI50aD.jpg

etpZqFN.jpg

6befxFP.jpg

eu6dPE9.jpg

Edited by Parkaboy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.