SUGGESTION: SQUAD pls stop releasing buggy builds!

I actually have a long list of real suggestions for this game, but all of them take a back seat to this. I was deliberately waiting for the RELEASE of 1.1 because I wanted it to be right. WHY ON EARTH DID YOU ROLL THIS OUT?

I'm a software developer myself, so I understand. You needed to call something 1.0 and get out of the prerelease section on Steam. I got that. But we're passed that now. And there is NO reason to release this stuff until its SOLID.  You have *users* out there now (not beta testers) and you're ...   (self-censorship) ... aggravating us.

Just stop.

Go attend a 12-step program for people that can't stop releasing buggy apps.

Let the next two (or 4) builds be nothing but bug fixes.

PLEASE. 

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

I agree with the spirit of your post, though I'm a bit less angry about it. :)

I'll tell you, though, when 1.1 dropped and the EXACT CRAFT FILE That I uploaded for a bug report STILL had the same problem it had in prerelease, I shared your ire.

What they've released is unplayable.

I like the new wheel physics, but with all the problems. I can't understand why they did this, We had a playable 1.05, and now an unplayable 1.1. Thanks guys. (There was just no reason for it.)

They should have called it 1.1 An Upgrade Too Far.

I have been waiting a lot for the new version (1.1), but after reading a few opinions about the bug troubles, I prefer waiting a little more. I will keep on playing 1.0.5 till the new release become playable

1 hour ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

I like the new wheel physics

I don't like the wheels. I've been trying for an hour now to get a basic plane off the ground but the wheels explode due to stress well before I can take off. :angry:

Similar feeling here.

bought at 1.0.5 and still havent played properly, only checkd in on career & science modes just to see what theyre about, had little mess about in sandbox, but not been to mun or anywhere. No saved games/ files and tbh i dont want to ruin my experience of playing the game thru career with all the various bugs/ krakens floating about, and with more updates from unity and ksp coming, therell no doubt be more issues cropping up as a result. Best of luck to Squad & Unity to sort this out, bet theyre all a tad pee'd off with it themselves :)

fair play to those that are still helping/ reporting bugs 'properly' Kudos

me personally, not prepared to try and muddle through and get annoyed, ill wait til 1.2 and have another look. Altho youll be competing with Stellaris by then :wink:

27 minutes ago, d1str4ct3d said:

I don't like the wheels. I've been trying for an hour now to get a basic plane off the ground but the wheels explode due to stress well before I can take off. :angry:

Sounds like you just need bigger (or more) wheels.

The previous wheel sim was more like skis. Now you can skid, do power drifts, even spin-out. Tires no longer just pop above certain speeds, but do on impact, its all much more realistic.

What they've released is unplayable.

I don't agree. I've started a 1.1 career. I've unlocked half the tech tree, got half the buildings to tier 3 (the other half at tier 2). Methinks if the game was "unplayable" I wouldn't even have gotten into orbit! After a week of intense play I've only had two CTD's, as opposed to getting one per hour (on a good day, without exaggerating) in 1.0.5

Love the performance increase as well. Is the game without bugs? Absolutely not, and I fully agree that more patching is needed. But unplayable? Not for me. Very playable, I'd say.

My landers slide around b/c of glitches w/ the struts. I can't deploy a rover because you can't turn the motors on and off w/ Action Groups. (and most of  my landers are rovers), KAC hasn't been updated yet, so I can't move forward in my 1.05 career game without missing a burn.My old rover designs don't work anymore because the wheels are "blocked" 

Building new rovers from scratch in sandbox and play w/ the new physics is literally all I've been able to do.

9 minutes ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

KAC hasn't been updated yet, so I can't move forward in my 1.05 career game without missing a burn.

I'm not denying the problems with legs and wheels, but KAC works just fine in 1.1

so what you're complaining about arent bugs but basic design choices and the fact that some mods arent updated yet, how can you say the game is unplayable if you can actually play it, btw there's the right click menu for wheels and the landing struts arent magic (or made out of glue anymore) they will slide around

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I'm not denying the problems with legs and wheels, but KAC works just fine in 1.1

??? 

It hasn't been there since the upgrade, I even re-installed it. its just gone. (just like Hyperedit was before I installed the 1.1 beta of it) 

The webpage says its for 1.05

16 minutes ago, EladDv said:

so what you're complaining about arent bugs but basic design choices and the fact that some mods arent updated yet, how can you say the game is unplayable if you can actually play it, btw there's the right click menu for wheels and the landing struts arent magic (or made out of glue anymore) they will slide around

Not made of glue?? a lander on the runway slides like it was on wheels (and without brakes)..

and no I can't turn 10 wheels on and off with right clicks.

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Ironic that you just cavalierly dismissed a report of a known bug, considering the tone of your thread.

Oh, sorry, I haven't experienced that one yet. 

(I wouldn't be so liquided if i had remembered to backup 1.05)

1 hour ago, d1str4ct3d said:

d1str4ct3d,

Check this out. It should alleviate your 'splodey wheel problem.

Best,

-Slashy

I say my performance went up by 400% in 1.1 as opposed to 1.0.5

That alone makes me so happy that I can bear with any bugs thrown at me without grievances.

@Brainlord Mesomorph Most game store clients allow downgrading your game to a previous stable version. Did you try that? Hope you at least backed up your saves.

Even Scott Manley mentioned several times in his vids "don't run your game directly from Steam", GoG or whatever. "keep a separate copy". So a surprise update never ruins your savegames and mods.

3 minutes ago, Enceos said:

I wonder what the difference is that is causing some setups to get no performance increase at all, yet others are getting a very substantial one.

I can't see any noticeable improvement in 1.1, and I can check them back to back since I kept my 1.0.5 install.

Maybe someone should start a poll so we can correlate system specs to performance gains. (or lack thereof)

??? 

It hasn't been there since the upgrade, I even re-installed it. its just gone. (just like Hyperedit was before I installed the 1.1 beta of it) 

The webpage says its for 1.05

Check the release thread. It's there.

BgVE32E.png

6 minutes ago, Enceos said:

That alone makes me so happy that I can bear with any bugs thrown at me without grievances.

@Brainlord Mesomorph Most game store clients allow downgrading your game to a previous stable version. Did you try that? Hope you at least backed up your saves.

Even Scott Manley mentioned several times in his vids "don't run your game directly from Steam", GoG or whatever. "keep a separate copy". So a surprise update never ruins your savegames and mods.

Yes, its my own damn fault, yes, its only a game, and yes I am only temporarily screwed out of progress on my mission to Eve. 

And I was OK with any of this in version 0.x. But if they want to call this post 1.0 they have to stop this. 

Unless someones bonus was involved, I can't imagine why they needed to rush this out with obvious unfixed bugs from prerelease. It's not like it had to be in stores by Christmas or anything.

They need to have a meeting a SQUAD tomorrow morning: "This is 1.1 people! we need to stop these beta shenanigans!" 

@Kerbart What page is that?? The one I find has guys asking for a 1.1 upgrade,

12 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Maybe someone should start a poll so we can correlate system specs to performance gains. (or lack thereof)

I am seeing a higher framerate, esp with the smoke during launch, (which was totally clogging things up in 1.05) and with high part counts, and lights on. (win 7 dual i5 8gb, intel graphics)