[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

Hey, just a quick question. Fresh install on the 64 bit 1.2. 

I seem to be choking on CxA_SleepHabV6_Internal. I've sat here for about 5 minutes on it. Is there a half-size texture for it, or should I just temporarily remove it from the directory?

I thought at first that it might be a RasterPropMonitor error because it wasn't installed, but that's not the case. I replaced with the half resolution and still choking on it.

Here's the error in output.log:

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'CxAerospace/Station Parts/Spaces/CxA_SleepHabV6_Internal/CxA_SleepHabV6_Internal/CxA_SleepHabV6_Internal'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartUpgradeHandler.LinkUpgrades () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileAll>c__Iterator61.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I'll try removing the file and just see where it goes from there as well.

EDIT: now it chokes on V4. I don't really use internals, so I wonder if I can just do away with them

Further edit: I removed the internals, and it loads just fine now.

Edited by antiwesley

On 5/4/2016 at 11:31 PM, cxg2827 said:

Not at all. Docking magnetism kicks in just like stock, the only difference is that it wouldn't engage until it snaps in the correct angles. Sometimes it is a bit finicky, but if you give it a wiggle/slight rotation back and forth so it passes over the snapping points, it locks in.

Then I must be doing something very wrong.  I have m/f correct and all angles at 0, but it still won't dock.  It just yo-yo's a couple of times and then drifts apart.

Also, MechJeb's docking autopilot keeps thinking the center of the port is about half a meter Z- from where it actually is.

Please advise.

@AdmiralSirJohn could you be specific on the active and passive variants so i can test it out myself? i just booted up and was able to dock an APAC(active) with an APAS(passive) Mk1-2. not sure if there is some issue with mechjeb that is making it do what you describe.

4 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

I had the docking problem as well.  Station with nothing but APAS(passive), fuel tanker with APAS(active), tried both MJ docking autopilot and manual docking; would not lock, just kept bouncing off.  KSP 1.1.2.

For pre 1.2 installs make sure to use version 1.3.2. I'll look into into the issue some more but so far I couldn't recreate the issue on my install

Not sure, I've just been running 32bit.

I'll be investigating the ports a bit over the next 2 weeks. There are some new features available for docking ports now as well so I'll be messing with parameters to see if any of those can help in any way.

Addendum: A possible option is to remove the guide fin colliders and APAS capture ring and provide that as alternate .mu files for those with docking issues.

Edited by cxg2827

56 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Addendum: A possible option is to remove the guide fin colliders and APAS capture ring and provide that as alternate .mu files for those with docking issues.

Me personally, I like the fact you made the docking ring force you to

(a) use proper ports on either side

(b) properly align said ports

(c) receive minimal assistance from magnetic forces.

If we want "easy" docking there are plenty of ports for that :) but you set out to make a highly detailed port that acts like the real thing in my opinion \o/

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Me personally, I like the fact you made the docking ring force you to

(a) use proper ports on either side

(b) properly align said ports

(c) receive minimal assistance from magnetic forces.

If we want "easy" docking there are plenty of ports for that :) but you set out to make a highly detailed port that acts like the real thing in my opinion \o/

That would be great, if it actually worked.  If you check one of my earlier posts, I was lined up PERFECTLY, yet it still wouldn't dock.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

That would be great, if it actually worked.  If you check one of my earlier posts, I was lined up PERFECTLY, yet it still wouldn't dock.

To be fair, you are dealing with a subpar mod author ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be fair, you are dealing with a subpar mod author ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Time2Abandon mod

10 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

I've had colliders on the docking ports since 6/28, with no complaints for over three months, just sayin.

Edited by cxg2827

The modules themselves are great.  It's just the docking ports that need a revamp (or at least some kind of tweak, since other m/f ports seem to work).  Abandoning the mod would be unfortunate, IMHO...

I may complain about things (actually got a language warning about the MM Nyan cat - I hate that thing), but I do appreciate the work various authors and developers put into them.

10 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Time 2abandon mod

4 minutes ago, AdmiralSirJohn said:

The modules themselves are great.  It's just the docking ports that need a revamp (or at least some kind of tweak, since other m/f ports seem to work).  Abandoning the mod would be unfortunate, IMHO...

I may complain about things (actually got a language warning about the MM Nyan cat - I hate that thing), but I do appreciate the work various authors and developers put into them.

No, don't stop. You've got your boot on his throat. Now's the time to press down harder!

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

12 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Time2Abandon mod

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No, don't stop. You've got your boot on his throat. Now's the time to press down harder!

sorry, but I had to post this
HUEHUEHUE1.png
:P

btw, about the APAS, I added them to SSTU pods (which are a one-part piece) and they still worked great back in 1.1.3, no docking problems even though it had everything to go wrong
hO6WWnt.png
(there's just 3 parts in the pic, one of them is the Orion pod with Cx's APAS port)

haven't tested in 1.2 yet though, but in 1.1.3 I didn't have any issue with them, be as the welded pods or as regular stand-alone parts

5 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

For pre 1.2 installs make sure to use version 1.3.2. I'll look into into the issue some more but so far I couldn't recreate the issue on my install

In that case, I think CKAN metadata may need to be updated; it lists CXA v 1.1 as the last version that works with 1.1.2.

4 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

In that case, I think CKAN metadata may need to be updated; it lists CXA v 1.1 as the last version that works with 1.1.2.

someone needs to step up their metadata updating game (ckan not supported here so V0V)

Question...

I'm out and about right now so I don't have the name right infornt of me. But the new "docking port", the one made of 4 small mounts. Could you please make that surface attachable? I had the idea to use it in a shuttle bay as a mount for a payload pallet. (I could also just use a structural mount or tweak the cfg) just a suggestion.

Edited by V8jester

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

Question...

I'm out and about right now so I don't have the name right infornt of me. But the new "docking port", the one made of 4 small mounts. Could you please make that surface attachable? I had the idea to use it in a shuttle bay as a mount for a payload pallet. (I could also just use a structural mount or tweak the cfg) just a suggestion.

I'm getting around that by using the small radial mount and then attaching it.  It leaves a little gap, but that's not noticeable at a distance.

4 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Question...

Yea, that's a quick cfg edit. I'll include it in the next release