[DEV HALTED][1.3] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.6.2 [2017-5-24]

cxg2827

• 2 weeks later...

i

On 10/18/2016 at 10:41 AM, SilverlightPony said:

I had the docking problem as well.  Station with nothing but APAS(passive), fuel tanker with APAS(active), tried both MJ docking autopilot and manual docking; would not lock, just kept bouncing off.  KSP 1.1.2.

I had the exactly same problem, only my ksp version is 1.2

bBVXCcN.png

9 minutes ago, GERULA said:

i

I had the exactly same problem, only my ksp version is 1.2

bBVXCcN.png

I had a similar issue with the APAS docking ports on otherwise stock+KWR ships, when trying to dock using MJ's docking autopilot.  Gave up at first; came back a week or so later and tried again; MJ failed again, but after a couple of attempts at doing it manually I got it to connect.

Not sure if this helped, but I eventually tried extending the ring on the active side, getting it to hold on the magnetic force, then retracting the ring; it connected when the ring fully retracted.

8 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

I had a similar issue with the APAS docking ports on otherwise stock+KWR ships, when trying to dock using MJ's docking autopilot.  Gave up at first; came back a week or so later and tried again; MJ failed again, but after a couple of attempts at doing it manually I got it to connect.

Not sure if this helped, but I eventually tried extending the ring on the active side, getting it to hold on the magnetic force, then retracting the ring; it connected when the ring fully retracted.

thx for quick answer, I also tried manually and same, I for one I cant connect them..

ill wait an update for this mod 

@GERULA, cant tell from the screenshot but it almost looks like you dont have it aligned, so the guide fin colliders will not allow you to dock. check the OP, since i have a picture showing how it needs to be aligned.

Here is me docking, before contact, and then the auto refocus.

Spoiler

3AoLPUO.png

Spoiler

JtH72uw.png

36 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

@GERULA, cant tell from the screenshot but it almost looks like you dont have it aligned, so the guide fin colliders will not allow you to dock. check the OP, since i have a picture showing how it needs to be aligned.

Here is me docking, before contact, and then the auto refocus.

Reveal hidden contents

3AoLPUO.png

Reveal hidden contents

JtH72uw.png

I did that alot,I manually rotate clockwise, no magnetize, but I admit, this is my first time I use this mod and It's a great mod, but I didnt expect such a headache from a docking port, I thought will be like vanilla part, simple job, but nah, aint simple..you couldnt make them simple, needs to be aligned..with planets and all :), well but maybe this isnt for a noob like me :unsure:

I wish that in the future with a new update I no longer be forced to align them with nothing :D \

EDIT: It's working, my bad

but it takes like 10 times with perfect alignment, banging the other passive part like crazy, I let them kiss each other and I alt tab to start OBS to record this and when i got back, miraculous my ship was docked

Edited by GERULA

1 minute ago, GERULA said:

needs to be aligned..with planets and all :)

yup, I can confirm this

1 minute ago, GERULA said:

well but maybe this isnt for a noob like me :unsure:

really shouldnt be hard, the alignment colliders should help auto-align it. I'll have some edited configs for the next release if i can find a way to make it easier.

if you read farther into the FAQ in the first post, i have a CFG edit that you can try. You will still need to align based on the guide fin colliders

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        referenceAttachNode = top
        nodeType = APAS_CXG
        gendered = true <------ Delete to remove gendering feature.
        genderFemale = false <------ Delete to remove gendering feature.

acquireTorque = 0.5
        acquireForce = 0.5
        captureMinRollDot = 0.99999  <------ Delete to remove alignment feature.
        snapRotation = true  <------ Delete to remove alignment feature.
        snapOffset = 120  <------ Delete to remove alignment feature.

}

And for those visual learners who want to see how the colliders are set up for the CBMs

Spoiler

uSCjwH9.png

Spoiler

0jagfiL.png

8 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

yup, I can confirm this

really shouldnt be hard, the alignment colliders should help auto-align it. I'll have some edited configs for the next release if i can find a way to make it easier.

if you read farther into the FAQ in the first post, i have a CFG edit that you can try. You will still need to align based on the guide fin colliders

Reveal hidden contents

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        nodeType = APAS_CXG

acquireTorque = 0.5
        acquireForce = 0.5

}

And for those visual learners who want to see how the colliders are set up for the CBMs

Reveal hidden contents

uSCjwH9.png

Reveal hidden contents

0jagfiL.png

thank you for your help bro, sorry for bothering you

you did a good job with your great mod who is absolutely fantastic.

no 1 regarding space stations!:rep:

EDIT: Did this " MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        nodeType = APAS_CXG

acquireTorque = 0.5
        acquireForce = 0.5

} "

and its simple, great and easy, thank you again

Edited by GERULA

16 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

One thing you might try is to relax the 'captureMinDotRoll' value.  0.99999 is 1/4 of a degree, which means you've got to have things really dead-on for capture.  I've locally changed the value to 0.999, which is more like 2.5 degrees, and I haven't had a problem (I use DPAI to help me get close).

1 minute ago, MOARdV said:

I've locally changed the value to 0.999, which is more like 2.5 degrees, and I haven't had a problem

thanks for the suggestion. For some reason i thought i updated them all to be 0.9999 at some point, but looks like that isnt the case. 0.999 should be ok for the APAS and CBMs, but i might need to stick with 0.9999 for the RTAS since that one would require the precision.

I'll note that on my roadmap so i dont forget.

@cxg2827

So I spent some time looking over your configs (mainly modifying things for personal usage), and a found a couple things missing. Nothing major, but there were a few things that I think are new in 1.2 that weren't there. I made a few patches to add the missing things in. I also looked over the patches included in the mod, and found what I think are a few potential problems/improvements. Additionally, I made a patch that adds a crew report science experiment to your crew modules, since the HitchHiker's has one, but that one might be a matter of preference, so I'll refrain from sharing that one.

I actually made considerably more patches than what's presented here, but a lot of it comes down to taste. One thing I noticed is that you're missing a lot of bulkheadProfiles, and that everything has a maxTemp of 800 (even your thermal control system), which seems incredibly low, but I take it that's intentional.

Regarding the patches included:

• The RemoteTech patch; I don't think "ProgressFXModules = 1" will do anything in your case. More importantly, "ModuleAnimateGeneric" no longer controls the antenna deployment - now it's "ModuleDeployableAntenna". I'm unsure if "allowManualControl = false" would still work for it. Looking at the RemoteTech patches...they haven't updated them. The patch will still work as is though, for the most part.
  • The CLS patch could use a :NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]
  • The KeepFit patch could maybe use a :HAS[!MODULE[KeepFitPartModule]]. Honestly though, my issue with this patch is more that everything is COMFY, even the Science Labs and Node1, but whatever.
  • The Snacks patch - I checked, and despite the mod being rebranded to "Snacks Continued", it's still "Snacks" for the :NEEDS[Snacks]. Everything here looked fine.
  • The USI patch looked fine, but I don't at present use USI.
  • TweakScale - seems odd giving the module to everything, but that's personal preference.
  • No TACLS patch? :(

Regarding my patches, the two major things were the Truss Drone Core and the Labs. I also added some stuff to the Solar Panel and Docking Ports, but those aren't as important. Below you'll see an commented out ModuleProbeControlPoint. The Size2 RGU has it, but I was ambivalent about whether to include it.

Cheers.

//Z1 Truss
@PART[CXA_Z1]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
	%vesselType = Probe
  %CrewCapacity = 0
  %explosionPotential = 0
	%tags = ISS CxA Z1 Truss cmg command control (core fly gyro kerbnet moment probe react sas satellite space stab steer torque

@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
	{
    %hasHibernation = True
		%hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
		MinimumFoV = 5
		MaximumFoV = 90
		AnomalyDetection = 0.3
		DISPLAY_MODES
		{
			Mode = Biome
			Mode = Terrain
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		antennaType = INTERNAL
		packetInterval = 1.0
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 12.0
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		antennaPower = 5000
		optimumRange = 2500
		packetFloor = .1
		packetCeiling = 5
	}

//MODULE
  //{
  //  name = ModuleProbeControlPoint
  //  minimumCrew = 1
  //  multiHop = True
  //}

}

//Solar Array Wing(SAW)
@PART[CXA_SAW]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
  //%fuelCrossFeed = True // False
  @MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
  {
    //raycastTransformName = Suncatcher
    %secondaryTransformName = Suncatcher
    %isTracking = True
  }
}

//Lab Modules
@PART[CXA_ELM_MiniLab|CXA_Kibo_Lab]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
  @MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter]
  {
    %dataProcessingMultiplier = 0.5 // Multiplier to data processing rate and therefore science rate
    //%ToggleActionName = Toggle Research
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleExperienceManagement
    costPerKerbal = 0
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
    MinimumFoV = 17
    MaximumFoV = 63
    AnomalyDetection = 0
    DISPLAY_MODES
    {
      Mode = Terrain
      Mode = Biome
    }
    REQUIRED_EFFECTS
    {
      Effect = ScienceSkill
    }
  }
}

//Docking Ports
@PART[CXA_*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]]:NEEDS[CxAerospace]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		%stagingEnabled = False
	}
}

8 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

@Deimos Rast

My understanding is that the current version of RT is merely a recompile against the 1.2 codebase so it (RT) will actually load and run, nothing more.

Yeah, I figured as much - I was sort of giving them the benefit of the doubt.:P I'm a big fan of RT and used it forever, but when I tried it earlier...no workie workie (100% connectivity all the time). But that's a topic for another thread.:)

12 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I made a patch that adds a crew report science experiment to your crew modules, since the HitchHiker's has one, but that one might be a matter of preference

My thought would be, if the module has windows, it should allow crew reports. I'll definitely consider updating some of the modules that are missing this (KHM 3-1, eX-R-S, JEM)

I actually made considerably more patches than what's presented here, but a lot of it comes down to taste.

Post the suggestions here. I'm always open for discussion and input.

missing a lot of bulkheadProfiles

Laziness, never looked into what this is for.

everything has a maxTemp of 800 (even your thermal control system),

Assuming the temperature scale in KSP is Celsius, I added this limit to restrict lithobraking. If there is a good reason to increase the temperate, I'm open to it.

The CLS patch could use a :NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]

will fix

The KeepFit patch could maybe use a :HAS[!MODULE[KeepFitPartModule]]. Honestly though, my issue with this patch is more that everything is COMFY, even the Science Labs and Node1, but whatever

is the KeepFitPartModule new? I'll check it out.

I'll probably change Node1 and ELM to Normal. JEM has a lot of usable internal living volume, so I would consider that to still be comfy. Future temporary sleep station IVA prop will halp justify it as well.

TweakScale - seems odd giving the module to everything, but that's personal preference.

I was given that patch by another user. I don't use tweakscale at present, so I don't have an optinion/preference of the usable limits.

No TACLS patch? :(

I havent played the game in over a year, so I dont make patches for mods I dont use :P. After the next release I'll start my first career playthrough in ages so I might add some new patches based on what i play with.

%explosionPotential = 0

Ooooo, this parameter looks new and interesting :P

Thanks for posting this information. I obviously overlooked some new 1.2 features and have some non-ideal CFG parameters for some parts. I'll include some/most of the changes for the next release.

3 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

My thought would be, if the module has windows, it should allow crew reports. I'll definitely consider updating some of the modules that are missing this (KHM 3-1, eX-R-S, JEM)

Post the suggestions here. I'm always open for discussion and input.

Laziness, never looked into what this is for.

Assuming the temperature scale in KSP is Celsius, I added this limit to restrict lithobraking. If there is a good reason to increase the temperate, I'm open to it.

will fix

is the KeepFitPartModule new? I'll check it out.

I'll probably change Node1 and ELM to Normal. JEM has a lot of usable internal living volume, so I would consider that to still be comfy. Future temporary sleep station IVA prop will halp justify it as well.

I was given that patch by another user. I don't use tweakscale at present, so I don't have an optinion/preference of the usable limits.

I havent played the game in over a year, so I dont make patches for mods I dont use :P. After the next release I'll start my first career playthrough in ages so I might add some new patches based on what i play with.

Ooooo, this parameter looks new and interesting :P

Thanks for posting this information. I obviously overlooked some new 1.2 features and have some non-ideal CFG parameters for some parts. I'll include some/most of the changes for the next release.

bulkheadprofiles, as I understand it, are mainly for sorting in the editor advanced tabs. I have yet to use it in some thousands of hours, but some people really insist on having them. More of a completeness thing. Most of your's I'd base of the node size of 1, and just say bulkheadProfile = size1 and call it a day.

I could be wrong about this, but I think a long time back KSP converted the temp scale from Celsius to Kelvin. I just know Probe cores and science parts clock in around 1200 universally and that's on the low scale for stock. Only reason I would increase it is so stock probes don't make fun of your station parts. :)

The KeepFitPartModule, as the name suggests is the module added by the KeepFit mod. It's a great mod that models Gravity's degrading effects on the Kerbal physique over long term missions. I agree, I switched the labs to NEUTRAL, since that's the lowest you can go without persistent decay. At COMFY everyone is gaining G-Fitness in space, IIRC, albeit slowly.

TweakScale on crew/command parts used to bug out for me, but I'm pretty sure that got fixed awhile back. I kind of view it as cheaty, as you used to be able to shrink a Hitchhiker to size0 with no loss of crew capacity. Not sure it works that way anymore, but I'm still biased. Patch is technically fine, though.

ExplosionPotential has been around awhile actually. Believe it or not, it's on all the wings (at 0.1) and Probes (at 0). I made your labs explosive ('cuz Science!). Even when I've cranked on that number, I've never really seen it make too big of a difference, but I've never really sat down and tested it either. Seems cool though.

One other change to maybe consider: on your crew modules (labs, sleep habs, etc) you have the attachment rule that allows you to surface attach them, but you don't have node_attach's (last I checked). I believe the node_attach governs both the placement of the surface attachment, but also its strength (determined by node size), so current attachments might be weaker than they should be. Not 100% on this. Eitherway, I didn't like it, so I changed the attachment rules to just stack. If you're dead set on surface attachment for the modules, maybe add the node_attach?

Hi, I have a couple of suggestions for future parts.  For a complete ISS (I'm assuming that this is the end goal so please correct me if I'm wrong), there will need to be Russian modules.  The picture is the best one I've been able to find showing almost all the parts (minus the "Pirs" and "Poisk" docking modules). 

The Russian modules are:

• Zvezda*
  • Zaria*
  • Pirs* & Poisk*
  • CRV (crew return vehicle, not really necessary)
  • RM1 & RM2 (research module 1 & 2, almost identical)
  • UDM & DSM (almost identical modules just with different names: Universal Docking Module & Universal Storage Module)

* indicates pre-existing parts in other mods 

The links to the mods are below and are free to use as long as credit is given to the authors (as specified by the licences).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ahs3tpNw6rSS10Wm15YXFzanM (Soviet Pack - Zvezda & Zaria, as well as some Soyuz parts, although I believe that your mod is compatible with Tantares)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ahs3tpNw6rQmotMTVzb1lCSjQ (ISS community pack - Pirs & Poisk, external components of JEM, Leonardo lab, Destiny lab, MPLM, and some others) 

For both of the mods, some rescaling and retexturing will probably be necessary for the parts to fit in with your preexisting work. 

(Here is the photo I referred to earlier, the Pirs and Poisk modules are located on the top and bottom of the Zvezda module-4 way node, along the two yellow lines)

0796d2d8d38c75a29316715456979b87.jpg 

I hope some of this was helpful or at least something interesting to think about. Thanks for such an amazing mod, and I'm happy to help with any module-related research you might need done. 

4 minutes ago, Adam.A said:

Hi, I have a couple of suggestions for future parts.  For a complete ISS (I'm assuming that this is the end goal so please correct me if I'm wrong), there will need to be Russian modules.  The picture is the best one I've been able to find showing almost all the parts (minus the "Pirs" and "Poisk" docking modules). 

The Russian-looking parts are played by Contares.

Though I am with you in wishing someone would revive Bobcat's old US, Soviet and Station packs...

BTW: I mentioned this some time back (and posted some suggested replacement images), but is there an easy way to change the image on the monitor in the activity module?

27 minutes ago, NapalmPK said:

The APAS docking ports are not working for me. Tried manual and MJ docking and I cant get them to dock and its perfectly lined up.

One "active" port and one "passive" port correct?

Also the 3 protruding guide fins in the center of the ports have coliders so they also need to be lined up.