65 members have voted

1. 1. Where should I go next?

• Moho
    • Dres
    • Jool, and any moon I can get to
    • Eeloo
    • Go to the Mun you overacheiver!
    • Go to Minmus you overacheiver!

I tried to go to Dres (Look at my list of missions that was moved to the OP :) ) But that planet doesn't want to be loved, I finally go an encounter, but the closest approach was 30,000,000 km, and i didn't have enough fuel to slow down.

Sorry, no pics, the best picture I got of Dres was a couple pixels, and the steam screenshots? Yeah, you aren't gonna see anything.

Edited by Spaceception

Laythe orbiter!!!

I got a small probe around Laythe :D

After this mission, I'm not sure I'll be able to get to Eeloo, I barely got into LKO with the Laythe orbiter, not because it was too powerful, but because my laptop kept freezing, so the furthest I'll probably get is Jool, but I'll try :)

Edited by Spaceception

22 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I tried to go to Dres (Look at my list of missions that was moved to the OP :) ) But that planet doesn't want to be loved, I finally go an encounter, but the closest approach was 30,000,000 km, and i didn't have enough fuel to slow down.

Sorry, no pics, the best picture I got of Dres was a couple pixels, and the steam screenshots? Yeah, you aren't gonna see anything.

I have never been to Dres. My first Dres probe, Piazzi, was waiting in orbit around Kerbin for at least a year. When I left Kerbin's SOI, I just could not get a Dres encounter! People always say that Moho is the hardest to reach, but I think they've never tried to visit Dres. So, yeah. You're lucky. Or you had a better mission. Like Obi-Wan said, "In my experience, there's no such thing a luck."

Just now, ProtoJeb21 said:

I have never been to Dres. My first Dres probe, Piazzi, was waiting in orbit around Kerbin for at least a year. When I left Kerbin's SOI, I just could not get a Dres encounter! People always say that Moho is the hardest to reach, but I think they've never tried to visit Dres. So, yeah. You're lucky. Or you had a better mission. Like Obi-Wan said, "In my experience, there's no such thing a luck."

What do you think of my rover/orbiter missions?

I'm gonna leave for a while, manned Mun mission :)

Just now, Spaceception said:

What do you think of my rover/orbiter missions?

I'm gonna leave for a while, manned Mun mission :)

Not bad, a Laythe orbiter on your first try. Most of my Jool missions could not reach Laythe.

Your Duna rover could've been 3.141592653589794323 times more overcomplicated. Why? Overcomplicated is good! Okay, maybe not. But still, nice mission. Also, you figured out how to keep those Kerbodyne liquid fuel boosters from destroying your rocket!

41 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Not bad, a Laythe orbiter on your first try. Most of my Jool missions could not reach Laythe.

Your Duna rover could've been 3.141592653589794323 times more overcomplicated. Why? Overcomplicated is good! Okay, maybe not. But still, nice mission. Also, you figured out how to keep those Kerbodyne liquid fuel boosters from destroying your rocket!

Oh, you mean the Boar engines? Yeah, I had a couple close ones, they exploded, and I was 1 second from going

computer-rage.gif

But the engines somehow managed to survive :)

Meanwhile, I had a very successful Mun mission.

3 deep space missions in a day, huh? I think I can do better :) Also, according to steam, I have 26 hours ingame :D 

Edited by Spaceception

I put my Duna orbiter in orbit, and a little bit after, put my first orbiter on the the surface of Ike, then got the Duna orbiter into a near perfect polar orbit :)

At my pace, I must be setting records for most bodies visited in the Kerbol system by a noob in the first week of playing the game :D

I flew past Moho!!

This means I've flown past, orbited, or landed on every body in the inner Kerbol system, the only bodies remaining are:

Vall (Which I really want to orbit/land on)

Pol

Bop

And Eeloo!

16 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

People always say that Moho is the hardest to reach,

Moho was actually kinda easy, the only thing hard about it is slowing down on the other end :D

I sorta got a Eeloo flyby, I had an encounter, but I screwed it up when I tried to get closer, I could see it though, so it counts :)

It was in the last photo, and almost in between the probe, and altimeter, but closer to the altimeter.

Vall's next

Edited by Spaceception

I do 2 flybys of Vall, and saw Bop and Pol!

If you want to see them, look at the last picture, on either side of the survey dish, they'll be roughly the same distance apart from the edge of my probe, and they'll look like regular stars, so squint hard :)

I have visited or seen EVERY BODY IN THE KERBOL SYSTEM!!!

And I only have 33 hours in game :)

Now it's time to orbit each and every one.

After the scientists at Aurora Space Industries had explored their solar system, they decided to send a probe to Interstellar space, they named it "Interstellar 1" Because they intended to launch more, Once they built the rocket, they launched.

The probe was simple, a probe core, blue lights, 2 RTGs, RCS fuel, RCS ports, liquid fuel, and NERV engines, once in orbit, they brought the periapsis down to about the orbit of Moho, and waited, once at the periapsis, they turned on their engines, and accelerated, once the fuel was depleted, they were traveling at 22.67 km/s, they were 155 (Kerbin) days into the mission, and when they passed the orbit of Eeloo, they were 1 year, and 200 days in, and traveling at 9.8 km/s.

The Kerbal's looked to the stars, and were now an emerging interplanetary species, but first, they needed to send Kerbal's to Duna and back, and to do that, they needed to learn how to dock.

On 5/4/2016 at 5:46 PM, Spaceception said:

Turns out my laptop can just run KSP, so I can't get mods.

May I recommend something that might give you enough breathing space to drop in a mod or two extra...

Edited by Trann
wrong paste buffer :)

7 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

After the scientists at Aurora Space Industries had explored their solar system, they decided to send a probe to Interstellar space, they named it "Interstellar 1" Because they intended to launch more, Once they built the rocket, they launched.

The probe was simple, a probe core, blue lights, 2 RTGs, RCS fuel, RCS ports, liquid fuel, and NERV engines, once in orbit, they brought the periapsis down to about the orbit of Moho, and waited, once at the periapsis, they turned on their engines, and accelerated, once the fuel was depleted, they were traveling at 22.67 km/s, they were 155 (Kerbin) days into the mission, and when they passed the orbit of Eeloo, they were 1 year, and 200 days in, and traveling at 9.8 km/s.

The Kerbal's looked to the stars, and were now an emerging interplanetary species, but first, they needed to send Kerbal's to Duna and back, and to do that, they needed to learn how to dock.

When you install kopernicus, the universe will surely end.

You sir, is truly a genius. I have over 500 hours of playtime and yet, you're better than me. Admit it, you work for the NASA! You are on your way to becoming one of the best KSP players that ever was, and in a few months, you'll do a 50-kerbals grand tour with ease! Definitively following this thread to see where this goes...

1 hour ago, Elowiny said:

You sir, is truly a genius. I have over 500 hours of playtime and yet, you're better than me. Admit it, you work for the NASA! You are on your way to becoming one of the best KSP players that ever was, and in a few months, you'll do a 50-kerbals grand tour with ease! Definitively following this thread to see where this goes...

I'm actually under 18 :D

Thanks for the compliment though!

Meanwhile, I've owned the game for over 2 years, and have only ever landed on The Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, and Laythe.  I have seen Jool, uh.... Duna's moon, and Kerbol.  

Anyway, amazing achievement!  I can't wait to see where you go next!

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.