[1.10.x] EasyBoard v1.10 : Board key works as a toggle

Dizor

On 6/3/2016 at 8:56 AM, Dizor said:

Try this mod version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJiX003ckNmcjlxa3M

This one should be good.

No more exceptions and I do see the "wants to board" message--but I still had to board the old way.  Note that I was attempting to board a 5-seat rocket with 4 seats occupied (I was scooping up a convenient Kerbal and doing a tourist contract at the same time.)  Seat #1 was open, though, and boarding worked properly from the ladder.

Edit:  Same problem with a bigger rocket, albeit with tourists in some seats.

Edited by Loren Pechtel

On 03.06.2016 at 9:45 PM, Loren Pechtel said:

No more exceptions and I do see the "wants to board" message--but I still had to board the old way.  Note that I was attempting to board a 5-seat rocket with 4 seats occupied (I was scooping up a convenient Kerbal and doing a tourist contract at the same time.)  Seat #1 was open, though, and boarding worked properly from the ladder.

Edit:  Same problem with a bigger rocket, albeit with tourists in some seats.

When you say "seat" you mean external command seat? As for crew cabins some players report that my mod does not work. By some reason mod can not detect near airlocks for some players. I think this is somehow connected with players Operating System and .NET Core version for non-windows users. I have made few experimental changes for airlock and command seats detection logic, please test:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJiTVA5VFYtdk1RVHM

Also please specify your operating system version and .Net Core version.

7 minutes ago, Dizor said:

When you say "seat" you mean external command seat? As for crew cabins some players report that my mod does not work. By some reason mod can not detect near airlocks for some players. I think this is somehow connected with players Operating System and .NET Core version for non-windows users. I have made few experimental changes for airlock and command seats detection logic, please test:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJiTVA5VFYtdk1RVHM

Also please specify your operating system version and .Net Core version.

No, an ordinary seat in a rocket.  The latest design involves the 4-seat Lithobrake command module with two Hitchhiker modules below it.  The airlock door is in the capsule, the last try the capsule went up empty.  (I only had 7 tourists on board.)  The same as always.

Windows 7/64 Ultimate, beyond that I have 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.6 & 4.6.1

Trying for more Kerbals:

Launch, nominal.

Plane match, nominal.

Hohmann transfer, nominal.

Circularization, nominal.

Intercept, poor.  I had to burn more than 20 m/s to bring myself to rest with regard to the target.

5 meters out, I hit B.  You've finally fixed the spelling, it now says "wants to board".

I continue my approach and absolutely nail it the first time--I'm heading right for the hatch.  I grab on, then hit B to board.  No automatic boarding.

Examining the Alt-F12 debug screen between when I EVAed Catbel to when they were safely on board the only message is from unpacking the target rocket.  Output_Log has a lot more packing and unpacking and one ScaleModList line but no more useful information.

Thank you @Loren Pechtel, for the detailed report. Do you have the same problems with regular kerbanauts when no contracts and no tourists? Try to test it just on launchpad with 4-seat Lithobrake command module (one part vessel). I guess the tourists/contracts have nothing to do with this bug.

This is very strange that you got this bug on Windows. I am on Windows 8.1 and seems I have to additionally install Windows 7 Ultimate to reproduce and fix this issue.

One more thing, can you please confirm that external command seats autoboarding functionality works fine for you?

7 hours ago, Dizor said:

Thank you @Loren Pechtel, for the detailed report. Do you have the same problems with regular kerbanauts when no contracts and no tourists? Try to test it just on launchpad with 4-seat Lithobrake command module (one part vessel). I guess the tourists/contracts have nothing to do with this bug.

This is very strange that you got this bug on Windows. I am on Windows 8.1 and seems I have to additionally install Windows 7 Ultimate to reproduce and fix this issue.

One more thing, can you please confirm that external command seats autoboarding functionality works fine for you?

I don't seem to have the chair unlocked or else I don't know where it is--I've never tried to use it.  I put Jebediah in the basic capsule on the pad, got the same behavior.

I've got VS2015 and an older version of Unity but I haven't gotten everything configured to permit working on KSP mods yet--any information I can give you?

• 3 weeks later...

@Dizor could you make "B" configurable ? Or even better hook it up with KSP input configuration? I changed in KSP B to C for boarding I'd like t use the same key with your mod

It is actually conflicting with KIS when placing part ( B and N are used to change height )

20 hours ago, brusura said:

@Dizor could you make "B" configurable ? Or even better hook it up with KSP input configuration? I changed in KSP B to C for boarding I'd like t use the same key with your mod

It is actually conflicting with KIS when placing part ( B and N are used to change height )

Sure. You can expect this in next update. Mod will read board key from game configuration.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29.07.2016 at 10:26 PM, Deimos Rast said:

So I've since played around with my install (significantly) and EasyBoard works without error. *shrug* No idea what caused it.

Thanks again for your help.

:)

So all your KSP problems gone now? Glad you can enjoy KSP and my mod!))

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dizor,

I've been playing around with the code in my Mod and was using your CrewCanBoard function shown on GitHub. It might of been my tinkering causing my errors, but through testing I suspect that your function still returns 'true' even though a Kerbal isn't in range of a hatch. I worked out a piece of code to detect if boarding was available and it's a lot more certain. I submitted the change via github for you to review in case you are still seeing NRE NullRef errors in the log and what to get rid of them.

17 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Hi Dizor,

I've been playing around with the code in my Mod and was using your CrewCanBoard function shown on GitHub. It might of been my tinkering causing my errors, but through testing I suspect that your function still returns 'true' even though a Kerbal isn't in range of a hatch. I worked out a piece of code to detect if boarding was available and it's a lot more certain. I submitted the change via github for you to review in case you are still seeing NRE NullRef errors in the log and what to get rid of them.

The purpose of CrewCanBoard function is determine whether kerbal is not busy and ready to start to want to board a vessel :)

In other words when player is typing text in some UI text field or when kerbal stays right next to the airlock or command seat and he is planting the flag - the function return FALSE and mod will not react on 'B' key.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

Little confused but I'm guessing from the date of release that 1.2 of this mod is not for 1.2 of KSP?

Yes. Mod version 1.2 for the KSP 1.1.3 (as per topic title).

Will check if it is stable for KSP 1.2.

I have been trying in ksp 1.2 64 bit.

getting spam errors into the log;

[EXC 22:28:34.401] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 22:28:34.417] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 22:28:34.432] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 22:28:34.450] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

[EXC 22:28:34.467] MissingFieldException: Field '.MapView.MapIsEnabled' not found.

I have verified by running with and without the mod several times, and these happen every time i try the mod.

No problem, will wait for this great mod.  keeps me from losing too many of the little brussel sprouts in space.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.