[1.9.x] QuizTech Aero Pack Continued

linuxgurugamer

So I'm stumped on the Phoenix wings.  I've installed them in both twin and quad configurations, tweaked the control settings in the SPH to match, reversed the thrust on the upside down engine.  I match up the thrust vector with the CG, and my VTOLs take off smoothly both under manual control and using the TCA mod.  The problem I have is that within a few seconds, any aircraft I make begins wildly yawing to the right and then tumbling.  This is not the didn't-reverse-the-mirrored-engine roll, this starts as a flat spin that turns into a 3-axis whirligig of death and destruction.  If I switch modes, I'm usually able to liftoff in normal forward flight, but if I switch to VTOL mode in flight, once the craft slows below its critical airspeed, the yawing develops again and I'm once more in the spin cycle of doom.

Where am I going wrong? 

Edited by MaxPeck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

fq5trP3.png

Sir can you fix this? you are the great modder sir :D 

Going from previous Caveat's that LinuxGuruGamer has stated it is unlikely. To change this kerbal's position would require either alteration to the External Model or the Internal model. LinuxGuruGamer has in the past said:

As I am not a modeler, I'm supporting it in a maintenance mode, fixing bugs, keeping it working.

Edit: That being said, you could possibly manipulate the config for the INTERNAL model for the cockpit and move it forward and down to create the desired correction?

Edited by steedcrugeon

On 11/9/2017 at 6:19 PM, steedcrugeon said:

Going from previous Caveat's that LinuxGuruGamer has stated it is unlikely. To change this kerbal's position would require either alteration to the External Model or the Internal model. LinuxGuruGamer has in the past said:

Edit: That being said, you could possibly manipulate the config for the INTERNAL model for the cockpit and move it forward and down to create the desired correction?

well i will try it, which part do i have to change exactly? cos iam not a programmer :sticktongue:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a small problem. I wanted to add a high ISP engine to a space plane. After much time I have found that weird stuff happens if I add one. Are there any known conflicts with other mods? I ask as I assume this mod works fine, as in not currently broke by something else being updated. Yes I have a lot of mods running, and that makes for rather large log files. Thought I would ask before I delve too much into asking for support. BTW the large majority are mods you support, so guess you can call me a fan of your time and effort. :)

18 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

I have a small problem. I wanted to add a high ISP engine to a space plane. After much time I have found that weird stuff happens if I add one. Are there any known conflicts with other mods? I ask as I assume this mod works fine, as in not currently broke by something else being updated. Yes I have a lot of mods running, and that makes for rather large log files. Thought I would ask before I delve too much into asking for support. BTW the large majority are mods you support, so guess you can call me a fan of your time and effort. :)

Like what are you calling weird stuff ? And what all did you change the only thing, I can think of when you try and change your ISP is how much faster or slow you will burn fuel best guess it's burning much faster if change what I think you changed ?

you are really not given any real INFO here 

OK. I have a space plane. It flies etc. I added a M2X.HypersonicNose. space plane still worked. I added 2 mk2Fuselage. Still flew. I added a Mk2TwinTurboJetAB. Space plane did not load properly, tried to relocate itself to the surface of the sun and then crashed KSP. If I swap the Mk2TwinTurboJetAB for a B9.Engine.SABRE.M the space plane works once more. To be clear all these additions were made in game, in the space plane hanger. I was merely asking if 1. this mod was currently up to date, ie working and 2. if there were any known interactions with other mods that I should watch out for. But thank you for taking the time to read and reply/comment. I will now start the tedious process of trying to track down the conflict (assuming it is a conflict) by the age old process of removing mods one by one.

edit.1. I removed Jimbodiahs_Patch_Laboratory-1.5. Delete partsdatabase and modulemanager techtree & physics. Testing method - tracking station to confirm no instance of corrupt build on runway. enter sph and make sure no twin afterburning turbojet on spaceplane. save build. go for flight. Flight possible. re-enter sph. add twin afterburning turbojet. save and enter flight. flight possbile. re-enter sph. add action group for toggle engine, switch mode and shutdown engine. save and enter flight. game crashed, but not at expected point. will reload KSP and repeat to confirm if crash was from here listed steps.

edit.2. Tracking station, ensure no instance of 'bad' plane. sph, removed engine. flight (click button in sph). flight possible. sph add engine, save, flight, sucess. sph add toggle engine to action group. save, flight, success. sph add shutdown, save, flight, success. sph add switch mode, save, flight, success. esc to re-enter sph to make further changes, KSP crash. So not a crash at the expected point.

note. if I enter flight and see NaN in electricity before physics ease in I know flight not possible. also I know from seeing the plane appear on the runway, as a failure will cause the graphite heatsinks to have a red tint to their colour, rather than the black and grey expected. the relocating to the surface of the sun etc I put down to a cascase effect of an earlier error. in other words I believe an error with the engine causes odd behaviour. more testing to ensue. main issue is the length of time it takes to reload KSP.

Edited by Apaseall

So I have a working spaceplane once more. What I have is action group bindings for toggle engine, shutdown and switch mode. What I did not do this time, which is what I did the very first time is, enable stealth mode (basically back in black - turns the skin black), turn pump on, turn balance (a pump option) on, set resource empty and set resource locked (in sph on the plane, not set in any action group). Basically what I am saying is this, I only experience a problem when I use one of these engines - quizTech (right?), I can use other engines from B9 (saber m). I want to have confidence in using engines that are in the mark two k format, which limits me to this mod i guess. Hope this makes sense. I took a peek in the cfg files and note a number of differences, but I do not know enough to point a finger at any of them.

@Apaseall

Your report is very nebulous.  Given that you are working on a specific craft, please provide the following:

• Log file
  • Craft file
  • Save file (if it is a career game)

I never heard of a part causing a craft to be relocated to the surface of the sun, so I am somewhat reluctant to point fingers until I can see the requested files.

See my sig for instructions on how to find the log file

Oh, and that "stealth" mode, is not anything of mine, and I would definitely look at that.

Thank you for your response. I am unsure of how to provide you with the files you ask for. Yes I know what they are and where they are. They are larger than pastebin and I am not familiar with other means of sharing files. As for nebulous, I merely state that I can attach to a craft engines other than ones from quizTech without issue. Yes stealth is nothing to do with you, it is from as I stated the Black In Black mod, I also stated that the sun relocation issue is probably a cascade effect, thus not anything to do with this mod. I believe I saw something about using dropbox for sharing larger files. I will look into that. Once again thank you for your post.

I am working on collecting save files right now. But I think the devil is " Deconflict new WBI fuel switcher " thanks Nerta.

edit.1. ok so here is a link. It should let you see a folder I have created in dropbox. Inside are a number of files, the names should be clear enough for you to work out what they are. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4aj5x0jtks1clg/AAB_EIA_ewbks01K91kgXxw6a?dl=0

Edited by Apaseall

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

I am working on collecting save files right now. But I think the devil is " Deconflict new WBI fuel switcher " thanks Nerta

Does this mean you have Nertea's mods installed? Because that is a patch in the Kerbal Atomics mod, which was updated 5 hours ago, you have the previous one, and this was explicitly mentioned in the release note: 

If you think that's the problem, then please do the following:

1.  Update Kerbal Atomics and test again

2.  Remove Kerbal Atomics and test

On 12/13/2017 at 11:42 AM, Apaseall said:

I want to have confidence in using engines that are in the mark two k format, which limits me to this mod i guess

Actually not, there is another:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I have noticed other crashes. I believe them to be due to an issue around having no resource and having a pump value & balance etc. Apologies for the finger pointing. As you can tell I have not done the procedure you outlined. (i.e. a part that has switches to either have a tank with resources or no tank present, with slider for pump priority and two buttons - turn on pump and use pump to balance resource)

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, kerbalfreak said:

Quick question, ins't the isp of the VTOL engines, 19200 seconds, too high?

If I want them to behave like the Whiplash, I just need to edit the values in the .cfg to match the ones from Whiplash?

Thanks!

Try the edit, make a backup first

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.