How to use MechJeb without the AR202 case?

MrAws

1 hour ago, MrAws said:

I want to try to use MechJeb without the annoying case. Anyone got an idea how to use MechJeb without the AR202 Case? Would appreciate if you leave a suggestion below. Thanks :D

Try this and you will need ModuleManager installed

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

6 hours ago, MrAws said:

I want to try to use MechJeb without the annoying case. Anyone got an idea how to use MechJeb without the AR202 Case? Would appreciate if you leave a suggestion below. Thanks :D

I think you will need mechjeb embedded universal plugin

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221109-mechjeb-embedded-universal/2217606

If its just the AR202 PART you dont like, theres an alternative part offered by the KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) mod... The part is physically only about 20%-25% the size of the AR202...

You can just delete the "stock" MechJeb part folders, and you can use the KSO part in addition/replacement of the MJ parts. Just scroll down, and you'll see this pic, and a link for the seperate part download:

vCpG8Ob.jpg

Edited by Stone Blue

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

If its just the AR202 PART you dont like, theres an alternative part offered by the KSO (Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter) mod... The part is physically only about 20%-25% the size of the AR202...

You can just delete the "stock" MechJeb part folders, and you can use the KSO part in addition/replacement of the MJ parts. Just scroll down, and you'll see this pic, and a link for the seperate part download:

vCpG8Ob.jpg

I figured he was like me and just kept forgetting to put it on my ship lol most annoying thing to forget 

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I figured he was like me and just kept forgetting to put it on my ship lol most annoying thing to forget 

Yeah, but it only takes 2-3 times of forgetting it, before you shoudlnt be...lol

But yeah, thats why I got in the habit of (generally) building my craft around the command component, and I generally try to put the MJ part on the command part.... Harder to forget that way... :P

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Yeah, but it only takes 2-3 times of forgetting it, before you shoudlnt be...lol

But yeah, thats why I got in the habit of (generally) building my craft around the command component, and I generally try to put the MJ part on the command part.... Harder to forget that way... :P

True,  but I have convinced myself that it would be more realistic for it to be embedded anyway because in real life it's not a part you would throw on a ship or rocket I would think. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way I don't forget anymore :-)

34 minutes ago, Galileo said:

True,  but I have convinced myself that it would be more realistic for it to be embedded anyway because in real life it's not a part you would throw on a ship or rocket I would think. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way I don't forget anymore :-)

That's my rationale as well. It makes far more sense for your flight computer to be integrated with the rest of the spacecraft's control systems rather than bolting it on like an aftermarket trailer hitch.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

nah, its just that I hate putting it on every ship.

I don't mind the look of the AR202 in some cases, like when it's on a nonstreamlined probe or rover, but other times I usually try to hide it, usually in a service bay or turned "inwards" on the opposite side of the command module it's supposed to agree with.

I like the look of the KSO part, and may download that for situations where I want a different look or if the AR202 just doesn't fit into what I'm trying to accomplish.

On August 20, 2016 at 7:51 AM, MaxwellsDemon said:

I tried to find that part, but there are several KSO packages, and I was unable to locate it... which specific package is it in, and what's the part name?

I didn't try KSO, as I didn't really need another MechJeb case, but probably I would take a look at it soon.

On 8/20/2016 at 10:51 AM, MaxwellsDemon said:

I tried to find that part, but there are several KSO packages, and I was unable to locate it... which specific package is it in, and what's the part name?

47 minutes ago, MrAws said:

I didn't try KSO, as I didn't really need another MechJeb case, but probably I would take a look at it soon.

Actually, I'm not sure if the part got carried over into the "new" version of the mod... After the last KSP 0.90 compat version, the mod packs got changed around, and it looks like the mod has gone thru lots of changes... They even made a NEW release thread for the 1.1.x version...

If you click the link for the 0.90 KSO release thread I linked above, and scroll down about halfway, you'll see they actually made a seperate download just for this part... theres instructions there too... The download link still works, its just one of those hosts that got banned on the forums... You just have to add the proper "name" in the www..com part... :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.