The Call of the Void-New story, New Thread.

DMSP

14 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

so are private launches still going to happen? it took a while to design that ore scanner and space station, and I was really looking forward to them getting used

Sorry about that. Unfortunatly the Katax Union only has the tech to put up Tantares  sattellites. Hang on for a bit. Something might come up.

6 hours ago, DMSP said:

Sorry about that. Unfortunatly the Katax Union only has the tech to put up Tantares  sattellites. Hang on for a bit. Something might come up.

Would they be interested in purchasing some launchers from PlecoGroup Aerospace? We have launchers that can launch anywhere from just a couple of tons to 400 tons at once!

Edited by Plecy75

I want to clarify, the 400 ton launcher is only available if you have SpaceY Extended. I do have smaller launchers that use stock components that can lift up to 75 tons, and up to 200 ton capacity launchers using KW Rocketry.

Edited by Plecy75

@DMSP I haven't used Tantares yet, but I think I can put one together pretty quickly. All PlecoGroup Aerospace launchers are tested thoroughly under a variety of conditions, and are always compatible with FAR. How much lifting capacity do you need?

Edited by Plecy75

@DMSP We have also been experimenting with Micro-Fighter Aircraft, if you want our prototype to use in your war against Buzzsaw Aerospace and Folus. It has proven to be extremely maneuverable, but don't turn at full throttle, and ESPECIALLY don't turn with the afterburners on!

Edited by Plecy75

4 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

@DMSP I haven't used Tantares yet, but I think I can put one together pretty quickly. All PlecoGroup Aerospace launchers are tested thoroughly under a variety of conditions, and are always compatible with FAR. How much lifting capacity do you need?

Don't worry about lifters, I have plenty of those! Sattelites are something that I need, if you have any from Tantares, I'd be happy to fly them up.

3 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

@DMSP We have also been experimenting with Micro-Fighter Aircraft, if you want our prototype to use in your war against Buzzsaw Aerospace and Folus. It has proven to be extremely maneuverable, but don't turn at full throttle, and ESPECIALLY don't turn with the afterburners on!

We're not at war with anyone though, the Katax Union is just fine sitting on its own.

1 hour ago, DMSP said:

Don't worry about lifters, I have plenty of those! Sattelites are something that I need, if you have any from Tantares, I'd be happy to fly them up.

Of course! PlecoGroup Aerospace will build any satellite that you need! One other thing: is it ok if they use stock antennas?

Edited by Plecy75

On 9/2/2016 at 9:47 PM, Plecy75 said:

Of course! PlecoGroup Aerospace will build any satellite that you need! One other thing: is it ok if they use stock antennas?

Yes, that would be fine! PM me the details.

In the meantime...

Chapter 2-Meddeling around the Mun.

"Sir! What do you think would happen if Kerbin looked like this!"

KUJQDxg.png

"Please, Jon, can we get to the launches?"

The liftoff of Yui-1 was a historic moment for KUSA, and the Katax Union itself. Yui, in (now quite old) Kataxian mythology, was the child of Anils, who, in this mythology, was the god of the Mun. Thus, it was fitting that these probes should have been named after figures in the countries' history.

maQ9toG.png

Yui-1 lifted off successfully, leaving behind cheering crowds that had come in from all across the Katax Union, leaving behind officials clapping and shaking hands in the mission control center, and leaving behind a country that was now filled with pride at doing something that had only been done few times before.

PhYBRDr.png

The type of lifter used allowed for Yui-1 to expend more fuel then what was necessary and to get to the Mun quickly and efficiently.

The hours passed rather fast for the control team, and soon, they were upon the Mun.

czkmqVJ.png

Within 3 minutes of igniting the engine of the probe, Yui-1 was setteling down towards the surface.

bMEyHqO.png

With Kerbals huddling around the two small computer screens broadcasting photos and telemetry from the probe, they watched, some tearing up, some holding hands, some smiling as much as they could, as Yui-1 settled into the soil of the Mun.

833KSX8.png

"Touchdown."

YqNB2QB.png

For a second, everybody was silent as the word spread across the room. It, to say the least, was not to last. People jumped up and down, yelling with joy. Others ran outside, looking up at the Mun, pointing and screaming and leaping. Marmy and Megra, although having gone through the same thing before, joined in, although for them, it was bittersweet.

O7WWNuY.png

The utter success of Yui-1 led to an identical probe, Yui-2, being launched. Its destination was the North Pole.

PqJhFbW.png

haRyEvK.png

With a more efficient and fuel saving trajectory, Yui-2 was capable of using its upper stage to enter Munar orbit and descend in one burn. During the descent, a contact appeared shortly on the radios of the tracking station. Anils-1 was immediately rotated to attempt to contact it.

U0VSsn7.png

The photos the probe were sending back were not the most pleasing for a few of the scientists, as the North Pole of the Mun seemed to be a rocky and mountainous place. Any hypothetical areas with no sunlight would be hard to get to, if not impossible to get to, by rover.

v8WebP4.png

Also, there was a massive hole. We're not talking about this hole now.

It's a weird hole.

The first landing attempt of the probe was a failure. Two of the four panels were lost.

cI3NnjI.png

Immediately the spacecraft took off and tried again.

The second landing lost both the other panels.

wSOMsmi.png

The controllers, knowing that Yui-2 only had a few hours of battery remaining, decided to find the true North pole of the Mun.

3kbXT5I.png

Eventually, they found a pyramid shaped mountain that seemed to be the exact North pole of the Mun.

IC9pyYz.png

How this Pyramid was formed, and why it was perfectly placed at the tip of the Mun, was unknown.

The probe activated its autoland procedures. On a slope this steep, they were useless.

Bv8q4MG.png

8M8guoo.png

Contact with Yui-2 was lost shortly afterwards.

Above the barren and beaten surface of the Mun, Anils-1 was catching up to another unknown probe. Mission Control ordered this probe to be brought online.

lNZQley.png

Little did they know how close they actually were to the probe.

adrbBLI.png

It was eventually discovered as Oisac-1.

After more scans for any probes, Anils-1 ignited its engine and boosted itself to a higher orbit, bringing online Muna-6 and Muna-9 in the process.

cWTrPwd.png

OreSat-1 was then ordered to head to a Polar Orbit.

rSgSbjE.png

Mission success.

On 9/2/2016 at 8:43 PM, DMSP said:

Satellites? I'm interested. To clarify, is it ok if they are stock, or do they need to use Tantares (and with that, what exactly do you mean? Do they need Tantares engines, fue tanks, etc?)

5 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Satellites? I'm interested. To clarify, is it ok if they are stock, or do they need to use Tantares (and with that, what exactly do you mean? Do they need Tantares engines, fue tanks, etc?)

Literally, I'm aiming for Pure Tantares satellites. Stock Antennas are ok, but Tantares.

14 minutes ago, Plecy75 said:

@DMSP what kind of satellites do you need? Comsats, probes and/or landers?

Really, I don't need much, but if anything, small Comsats. 0.625.

I wonder what happens when they find out that Creativity Aerospace already has Wifi everywhere on Kerbin? Unless the satellites didn't make it... Then I'll have to make some better ones! Maybe the HECS II... 

Plus, the Kerbals on Minmus are still there! Maybe. Also, is the transfer window to Dres still going to have an upcoming launch? If so, tell the space program that Creativity Aerospace (me) wants to help them, and that I'm going to modify the current probe to also have a sample return pod for a Dres asteroid sample!

On 9/5/2016 at 8:28 PM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

It'll be years before they find my one true precious satalite!

Well, I guess we just wait then, we wait and see what happens.

ENCRYPT/DECRYPT 9888282H

TO : ADDICTON AEROSPACE @SpaceplaneAddict

BUZZSAW AEROSPACE ACQUIRED TRACKING DATA FOR FOURTEEN KOLONIAN/PRIVATE SPACECRAFT INCLUDING THE EVE SAT AND THE OVERSEER PROBES. WOULD YOU LIKE BUZZSAW AEROSPACE TO KEEP WATCH FOR KOLONIAN HACKING ATTEMPTS OR SIMILAR ON YOUR SATELLITE? IF SO SEND THE ACCESS CODES USING BUZZNET

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw