[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

i actually didnt use them just yet. i have to go back over them and fix some small gaps. i just didnt have time and i threw some quick ones together. yours were way better though. If you want just dl the prerelease and edit whatever ones you want. the ones poodmund did are perfect but anything inside of otho is fair game :)

After testing those cfgs i no longer getting spammed with errors

Okay, I'll see what I can do to Gael and Tellumo. My goal is to add at least 7 biomes for each body. However, the colors in the config will have to use the RGBA (###,###,###,###) format, as that's what I'll be using to add in so many biomes. I'll provide a config example for each object.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@Fobok ok one more time i forgot to give you the texture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmjyabrikt1wpj5/MJ_KER FIX.zip?dl=0

Ok, that fixed it. :) No problems with KER or MechJeb surface display anymore. :) Tested both Gael and Loki, (though I didn't notice an error with Loki before, I kind of sped through the planets so may have missed that) , both displaying fine now. :)

6 minutes ago, Fobok said:

Ok, that fixed it. :) No problems with KER or MechJeb surface display anymore. :) Tested both Gael and Loki, (though I didn't notice an error with Loki before, I kind of sped through the planets so may have missed that) , both displaying fine now. :)

i just used loki to remove kerbin. nothing was wrong with it :)

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@ProtoJeb21 I made a biome map and config for Gael already. http://imgur.com/a/uO28m & https://github.com/JadeOfMaar/galileanplanets/blob/master/Biomes/biomes_gael.cfg

The config just needs a map path and maybe fine-tuning?

I'll check on the config and make some Tellumo biomes once my homework is done. Also, what planets don't have biomes yet?

Hmm now to think descriptions after having a look at all the planets. :) Very impressive I shall say. :D 

I'm thinking of a planet description for Gael.

How about:

Gael is a large Kerbin-like planet that's a new home to the Kerbals. It has 2 large continents which are, <need a name>, <need a name> while the supercontinent is named, <insert name here>. Gael is constantly under threat of large continental drift and so Gael is known for having severe Gaelquakes. Gael has many great geographical features that stand out from afar.

I kind of want to name it Aurelius even though that was a suggestion for the name of the solar system but it kind of suits the supercontinent IMO. :D 

By the way, don't know if this was intended or not, but Tellumo's Atmosphere height is 40km. But you can still get a nice orbit for taking pictures. :D It's very bugged in this orbit however, Land just disappears and then reappears at the flick of a light switch. It's always happened to me this but not as much as this.

Gael better be defined as a humble, motherly lady and sometimes the life of the party, @Duski I put a gag or two in the science where she takes things personally or she may get too lively and destroy things. :P

• Thalia should be a demon planet. Y-class specifically if you know Star Trek.
  • And Gauss is a darn troll with electromagnetic powers. He makes that face and one of his moons is Loki, of all people.

3 minutes ago, Duski said:

By the way, don't know if this was intended or not, but Tellumo's Atmosphere height is 40km. But you can still get a nice orbit for taking pictures. :D It's very bugged in this orbit however, Land just disappears and then reappears at the flick of a light switch. It's always happened to me this but not as much as this.

that is intended :)

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Gael better be defined as a humble, motherly lady and sometimes the life of the party, @Duski I put a gag or two in the science where she takes things personally or she may get too lively and destroy things. :P

• Thalia should be a demon planet. Y-class specifically if you know Star Trek.
  • And Gauss is a darn troll with electromagnetic powers. He makes that face and one of his moons is Loki, of all people.

Now I have a different vision of Gael, just a calm, peaceful rocky planet. Perhaps for biome maps all the continents are biomes? But that would really only mean 3 biomes to get science from. :P 

By the way, don't know if this was intended or not but, Gauss' atmosphere is 400km. XD

Gauss gets more awesome by the day. That's alotta atmosphere for the least of the gas giants...with the baddest of all the moons.

Concerning biomes, nah. Gael alone needs to be plentiful in biomes for when people start doing Science and Career with this planet pack. I can flesh out my description for Gael at least for you to insert. I....happen to have OCD over the homeworld.

Well, I got a list of bugs that I kinda encountered and a few nice screenies. http://imgur.com/a/E5xt7

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Gauss gets more awesome by the day. That's alotta atmosphere for the least of the gas giants...with the baddest of all the moons.

Concerning biomes, nah. Gael alone needs to be plentiful in biomes for when people start doing Science and Career with this planet pack. I can flesh out my description for Gael at least for you to insert. I....happen to have OCD over the homeworld.

Well, Gauss is going to be challenging to fly around. I won't be able to get cool low orbits. :( Either way, i'm still going to think of a planet description for Gael and maybe some other planets.

EDIT: For now, need to reinstall SVE on there as it's not working for me. D: 

EDIT EDIT: By the way, what happened to Nero's striking yellow atmosphere? I thought it looked cool as.

Edited by Duski

8 minutes ago, Duski said:

Well, I got a list of bugs that I kinda encountered and a few nice screenies. http://imgur.com/a/E5xt7

ok for your bugs. The atmospheres move when you are not orbiting them. That happens with ALL kopernicus planets that have scatterer installed. even in ssrss.

the sunflare is yellow. i made it that way :) 

the hard eclipse, i dunno why its doing that considering i removed eves eclipses and used scatterers. im updating scatterer now with the latest version.

the sun looks like that because we gave it an atmosphere. doesnt look like that in game though only in the tracking station

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

ok for your bugs. The atmospheres move when you are not orbiting them. That happens with ALL kopernicus planets that have scatterer installed. even in ssrss.

the sunflare is yellow. i made it that way :) 

the hard eclipse, i dunno why its doing that considering i removed eves eclipses and used scatterers. im updating scatterer now with the latest version.

the sun looks like that because we gave it an atmosphere. doesnt look like that in game though only in the tracking station

Copied all my ships and subassemblies over now, Gonna go take a stroll through the solar system. If you know what I mean. :wink:

Alrighty then. I'll chill at Gael's description. Before my main PC gave out (stupid idea to use this one) under the sheer weight of the pack's awesomeness, I got a glance at Iota in the Tracking Station... It fairly resembles Minona now. o.o I was looking forward to its rather eccentric style, from the early screenshots up-close. :)

Speaking of camera... I think I'll install the camera part for RasterPropMonitor onto my ship.

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Alrighty then. I'll chill at Gael's description. Before my main PC gave out (stupid idea to use this one) under the sheer weight of the pack's awesomeness, I got a glance at Iota in the Tracking Station... It fairly resembles Minona now. o.o I was looking forward to its rather eccentric style, from the early screenshots up-close. :)

Speaking of camera... I think I'll install the camera part for RasterPropMonitor onto my ship.

Well, because hyperedit is good as, I brought my K-35B on a journey across the Solar System. It has integrated cameras. o.o

I was about to quit the game and re-check my mods (some textures for my chosen ship are in a supplemental mod) then get ah'kraken :wink: with ye old HyperEdit when my PC gave out.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hmm, if @JadeOfMaar has got Gael covered, I'm thinking of Icarus.

Icarus is a wonder of the sky ever since the Kerbals moved to the <system name> system. With extreme topology and many geographical features, it is very well known celestial object in the night sky. It's discovery was often mistaken for being a dirty speck on the telescope lens as they never seen anything like Icarus before, as the Kerbals thought of it as the complete opposite of Moho. 

I kind of going along with the story of the Kerbals moving to this system because I can't think of anything better to tell how the kerbals got to this solar system. :P 

Edited by Duski

Continuing my testing of what many may consider essential mods, I tested FAR and DRE, even though I don't generally use them myself, and RealChute (which I do generally use). No problems whatsoever. :-) I didn't test all the planets, just Gael, since I was looking more for crashes and the like, since I don't use the first two often enough to know how well they handle the atmosphere configs.

I can't think of any other specific mods that might have problems except career specific ones, like Strategia, contract packs, or science mods. I'm going to take a bit of a break first, and then maybe try to start a bit of a career in a bit, just to look for obvious errors.

Oh, even as I dictate this I thought of one other thing. I think I'll try a life-support mod, see how it handles having another oxygen-rich planet in a solar system besides the Kerbin equivalent. That's less a bug hunt than satiating my curiosity, but whatever. ;-)

Well just a heads-up, protractor works. However, only the launch window works, not the time when you have to burn you're going to have to make a manoeuvre node and all the adjustments yourself as burn time didn't work on SSRSS so it's probably not gonna work in this star system. :P  

Well, Tellumo is going to be hard to colonise. An atmospheric pressure of 10 atmospheres is going to kraken the hell out of my SpaceX ITS. If only there was a way to make a procedural heat shield that could attach radially so I could do a re-entry like the ITS. D: