[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, The-Doctor said:

What's your excuse for not glimpsing the eclipse with your bare eyes

I stared directly at it with my bare eyes for 2 minutes and 38 seconds without any problem at all. :D

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I stared directly at it with my bare eyes for 2 minutes and 38 seconds without any problem at all. :D

you're insane, I only glanced

On 8/21/2017 at 8:55 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Just so's you know... the kind of eye damage you get from an eclipse usually doesn't show up till the next day... 

I only glimpsed and right now my eyes are fine

On 8/21/2017 at 8:51 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Because despite the fact that it is crucial to my job, my vision insurance sucks. :D

Wait... "of maar..."

Would that be St, Maarten?

I'm in St.Martin right now, born here, @JadeOfMaar is that where u are? We could meet up

5 hours ago, Qarisma said:

I'm having a weird issue when I try to start a game with this mod where I can't access the VAB and when I go into the research center or mission control I can't exit again. The only way to recover is to forcefully close the game.

I saw someone else report a similar issue so I deleted the renamer but that doesn't seem to have worked for me. I'm about to go through a huge debugging process when I get home because I have a fairly long list of mods installed and I don't get this issue when I run just GPP or when I run everything else without GPP. I was wondering if anyone could save me some time if they know of any mods that are confirmed to be incompatible. 

Okay, I discovered the issue is with Kerbal Konstructs.

So I reset my pc yesterday and saved my savefile and game data yet now that I extract the game data, there are no mods, well that just happened. I feel not to try reinstalling them again and to start fresh because I'd likely meet tons of bugs but I don't want to, I hate these stuff

I'm getting "this save is incompatible with this version of ksp" now that I've transferred my save file, this makes no sense as I only played in 1.3 and the save file is from 1.3 :( I guess I lost my station forever and will have to redo or something. I think I'll do a mission to the inner planets then move on to base building :( I really dunno, I really wanted to explore all the planets in GPP in science mode which gave the game more meaning :( 

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I'm getting "this save is incompatible with this version of ksp" now that I've transferred my save file, this makes no sense as I only played in 1.3 and the save file is from 1.3 :( I guess I lost my station forever and will have to redo or something. I think I'll do a mission to the inner planets then move on to base building :( I really dunno, I really wanted to explore all the planets in GPP in science mode which gave the game more meaning :( 

You still have your craft files. Copy them over to the SPH and VAB folders in the new save and cheat them back into place, and cheat back the unlocked nodes and spare science you had at the time. Optionally, take a step back from KSP if this bug really landed a low blow on you.

38 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You still have your craft files. Copy them over to the SPH and VAB folders in the new save and cheat them back into place, and cheat back the unlocked nodes and spare science you had at the time. Optionally, take a step back from KSP if this bug really landed a low blow on you.

Been there, done that.

Edit: I should really qualify that by saying that it wasn't a bug with GPP.

Edited by MaxxQ

55 minutes ago, anbztht said:

it works with the principia mod?

It should. Great care was taken to ensure that GPP is mathematically sound in all areas. if any specific config is needed however, for GPP to load with Principia then that does not exist.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

it really did, it robbed me of finally finishing something properly. I think I'll take a break then I'll consider MKS, I really wanna build a base at least once and I want the base to have purpose

22 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

I'm getting "this save is incompatible with this version of ksp" now that I've transferred my save file, this makes no sense as I only played in 1.3 and the save file is from 1.3

So, this from the 1.3.1 pre-release changelog,

• Disable Save on PauseMenu when active vessel is dead to avoid invalid save files.

By chance is this the case? Did you have an active vessel with no EC/no kerbal/no probe core? As in, were you last focused on, example, debris when you left your game?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 8/14/2017 at 11:48 AM, Galileo said:

yeah, with GPP secondary, due to how many different possible packs GPP can be put around, we couldn't possibly included visual cfgs for them all, so it's up to the user to make it work if they want it. HOWEVER, we would gladly take pull requests and distribute the patches as we get them in our updates.

I understand what you mean in your reply to me a few pages back, and I have been trying... and failing. 

What I don't understand is why the configs you made for GPP don't work when GPP_Secondary is installed, when I have it installed outside the stock system.

Is there a simple solution to get the configs already in place to work when GPP_Secondary is installed? can I copy them somehow?

Edited by TheKurgan

For anyone still having issues with solar panels like I was, try changing the reference name of Grannus from "Sun" to "Jool" in the planet configs so the game just treats it like another really far gas giant. It has worked so far for me. Might cause some issues down the road though, so try at your own risk.

14 minutes ago, Qarisma said:

For anyone still having issues with solar panels like I was, try changing the reference name of Grannus from "Sun" to "Jool" in the planet configs so the game just treats it like another really far gas giant. It has worked so far for me. Might cause some issues down the road though, so try at your own risk.

I foresee a lot of issues, but I may be a good "fix" for now. We should have an update ready in the next few days that is compatible with the new kopernicus and fixes the issue

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo if there's anyone to do it, you and your team are the people to do it. The techtree is utter rubbish and must be changed at once. Solar electric propulsion, that is, solar panels and ion engines, should come mid-game to allow exploration of the inner solar system, nuclear power should come in late game to allow exploration of the outer solar system, you and your team could make a custom tech tree for GPP which does exactly that, allowing people to explore the inner planets first with solar electric propulsion and have nuclear power and nuclear engines come in late game, this would work perfectly with GPP cause GPP has really far outer planets. Right now, to do a proper interplanetary mission at mid game is practically impossible with life support mods, it makes KSP get really stale and boring. You guys could also optimize the game to allow station and base building at mid game with self sufficiency coming in late game. A custom tech tree for GPP that makes sense, it's more than just ion engines and solar panels, yes all of those should be unlocked mid game, but a ton of other parts should be unlocked mid game, the early game should be desgined to allow exploration of the 2 moons, the mid game should allow exploration of the inner solar system and the late game should allow exploration of the outer solar system, parts that allow exploration of the moons should all be unlocked in the early game and so on. 

May I also ask, do you guys intend to create custom scenarios and tutorials, it sort of robs from the experience seeing "EVA in kerbin orbit" it would be cool if you guys could change even that, to my knowledge no one has ever done that, it would be unique

Hey! I need some support when I install EVE and GPP Clouds I get this error:NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And after that cannot click recover vessel or space center. Or any other buttons or quicksave etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxaf8jcf8d9gvlu/output_log.txt?dl=0     Output log 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo if there's anyone to do it, you and your team are the people to do it. The techtree is utter rubbish and must be changed at once. Solar electric propulsion, that is, solar panels and ion engines, should come mid-game to allow exploration of the inner solar system, nuclear power should come in late game to allow exploration of the outer solar system, you and your team could make a custom tech tree for GPP which does exactly that, allowing people to explore the inner planets first with solar electric propulsion and have nuclear power and nuclear engines come in late game, this would work perfectly with GPP cause GPP has really far outer planets. Right now, to do a proper interplanetary mission at mid game is practically impossible with life support mods, it makes KSP get really stale and boring. You guys could also optimize the game to allow station and base building at mid game with self sufficiency coming in late game. A custom tech tree for GPP that makes sense, it's more than just ion engines and solar panels, yes all of those should be unlocked mid game, but a ton of other parts should be unlocked mid game, the early game should be desgined to allow exploration of the 2 moons, the mid game should allow exploration of the inner solar system and the late game should allow exploration of the outer solar system, parts that allow exploration of the moons should all be unlocked in the early game and so on. 

GPP is a planet pack.  I can't speak for the other developers, but I think changing the tech tree is beyond the scope of what we're trying to accomplish.  Aside from adding the new celestial bodies, I believe people should be able to modify the rest of the game as they see fit to match their particular playing style.  Part packs, no part packs; life support, no life support; stock tech tree, modified tech tree; etc., should all be left up to the individual player.  I don't think GPP should force any particular style of play onto anyone, which modifying the tech tree would do.

Rearranging the tech tree as you describe won't just fit GPP, but other planet packs as well.  For instance, stock + OPM is very similar to GPP in terms of system size and organization.  If someone where to mod the tech tree in this way, it should probably be as a separate addon that can be used with any planet pack.  Making it a built-in feature of GPP doesn't make much sense to me.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, The-Doctor said:
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:11 AM, Galileo said:

I assume you haven't actually tried landing on Iota yet? The terrain alone makes it challenging enough, also I don't find having an atmo on Iota realistic, which is what this pack strives for. 

I haven't yet, but if not Iota then the other moon, Ceti is it?

Ceti has the same issue as Iota.  Both moons are just too small and too warm to retain a substantial atmosphere.

Edited by OhioBob

3 hours ago, NIcklett said:

Hey! I need some support when I install EVE and GPP Clouds I get this error:NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And after that cannot click recover vessel or space center. Or any other buttons or quicksave etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxaf8jcf8d9gvlu/output_log.txt?dl=0     Output log 

Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of your gamedata and the inside of your GPP folder?

16 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I don't understand is why the configs made for GPP don't work when GPP_Secondary is installed. Is there a simple solution to get the configs already in place to work when GPP_Secondary is installed?

I've been trying to get it working for a while, and I am definitely missing something... probably something simple. I've been able to create my own planets and get scatterer and EVE working... I'm lost.