[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

On 5/12/2018 at 1:17 PM, OhioBob said:

GPP + GPP_Secondary + GEP + OPM --->  The OPM planets are added to the stock solar system.  Ciro and the GPP planets are added as a secondary solar system orbiting the stock solar system.  Grannus and the GEP planets are added as a tertiary solar system orbiting the GPP solar system.

Is there a screenshot of what this system looks like from a distance? I'm thinking of modifying my current playthrough by adding Ciro/GPP (I already have Grannus/GPP installed but nothing is orbiting any of the bodies and nothing's even in the SOI yet, so it shouldn't break anything), but I can't see how there'd be room between the outer orbits of OPM to fit Grannus/GEP in when considering it's being moved to orbit an entire other system. Or is Ciro/GPP naturally placed further out than Grannus/GEP (when that is installed alone)?

4 hours ago, BrobDingnag said:

Is there a screenshot of what this system looks like from a distance? I'm thinking of modifying my current playthrough by adding Ciro/GPP (I already have Grannus/GPP installed but nothing is orbiting any of the bodies and nothing's even in the SOI yet, so it shouldn't break anything), but I can't see how there'd be room between the outer orbits of OPM to fit Grannus/GEP in when considering it's being moved to orbit an entire other system. Or is Ciro/GPP naturally placed further out than Grannus/GEP (when that is installed alone)?

I don't have a screenshot, but I can tell you that when OPM, GPP_Secondary and GEP are all installed together, Ciro orbits the Sun at a distance of 500 to 529 au, and Grannus orbits Ciro at a distance of 88-206 au.  Plock's furthest distance from the Sun is 50 au, so there plenty of room for eveything to fit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

I don't have a screenshot, but I can tell you that when OPM, GPP_Secondary and GEP are all installed together, Ciro orbits the Sun at a distance of 500 to 529 au, and Grannus orbits Ciro at a distance of 88-206 au.  Plock's furthest distance from the Sun is 50 au, so there plenty of room for eveything to fit.

That's interesting. I might just do that, then. I was able to add OPM mid-game without any problems (because I had nothing out there), so moving Grannus mid-game shouldn't be a concern. I think. I'll report back! This sounds fun.

EDIT: Oh wow, yeah, no, that totally works. Grannus alone is WAY closer than this thing. It's super far out. Works perfectly. Also, does Grannus as a companion have a tighter system than standalone? It feels like the planets are closer, but maybe that's just it looking closer by comparison. Looks like my old slowboat test ship for Grannus is going to be consigned to the void, though, lol. Nowhere near in the right place now.

test.png

Edited by BrobDingnag

2 hours ago, BrobDingnag said:

EDIT: Oh wow, yeah, no, that totally works. Grannus alone is WAY closer than this thing. It's super far out. Works perfectly. Also, does Grannus as a companion have a tighter system than standalone? It feels like the planets are closer, but maybe that's just it looking closer by comparison. Looks like my old slowboat test ship for Grannus is going to be consigned to the void, though, lol. Nowhere near in the right place now.

The Grannus system of planets are much closer to the star than either stock or GPP.  That's because Grannus is a red dwarf with a habital zone that is less than 1/5th the distance of that around Kerbol and Ciro.  So that brought all the planets in closer.

I have one install (different ones for different mod sets lol) with GEP, GPP, GPP_Secondary, OPM, MPE, and Kcalbeloh (along with various high-tech propulsion mods). Load times are, uh, eventually, but it seems pretty stable once it's running.

11 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

I have one install (different ones for different mod sets lol) with GEP, GPP, GPP_Secondary, OPM, MPE, and Kcalbeloh (along with various high-tech propulsion mods). Load times are, uh, eventually, but it seems pretty stable once it's running.

That's KSP1 in a nutshell, you can mod the hell out of it and it takes a while to load but it's alright when it's all loaded.

Are there any plans to update this, JNSQ and Grannus to support stuff like volumetric clouds, and the latest Parallax?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

Are there any plans to update this, JNSQ and Grannus to support stuff like volumetric clouds, and the latest Parallax?

Updating has been on my wish list for a couple years now.  I've actually completed most of it but then just hit a wall and lost motivation.  Hopefully I'll complete it someday sooner rather than later.  I have no plan, however, to do either volumetric clouds or parallax.  If I'm not motivated to finish what I already know what to do, I'm certainly not motivated to figure out something new.  I'm going to count on third parties to come up with their own patches for that stuff, which they can share on their own, or perhaps I might be willing to incorporate into the mod as a pull request.

Edited by OhioBob

• 3 weeks later...

What version of KSC Switcher do I need to enable the other centers? I didn't find a bundled version in the releases, so I'm just going to try every version until it works unless there's a better way. Right now all I can do is make the other launch sites available, but I can't move the center itself. I'd like a place with better scenery than the default little island

3 hours ago, OfWaywardWill said:

What version of KSC Switcher do I need to enable the other centers? I didn't find a bundled version in the releases, so I'm just going to try every version until it works unless there's a better way. Right now all I can do is make the other launch sites available, but I can't move the center itself. I'd like a place with better scenery than the default little island

I don't think GPP is configured to use KSCSwitcher.

8 hours ago, OfWaywardWill said:

It used to be, but I expect it doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to change where the KSC is? I don't like the little island. I'd rather be at another location.

When launching you can select from any of the alternate launch sites, but there's no built in ability (that I know of) to change the location of KSC.

If you really want to change the KSC location, you'll have to do it yourself by selecting a new location and writing a patch that relocates KSC and its map decal.

Edited by OhioBob