[0.24.2] Taverio's Pizza and Aerospace v1.7.1 (22/09)

Taverius

So is it required to use the module manager thing? Ive never used it and know nothing about it. I just saw the .dll file when I was going to install this mod. Any help?

Just install it with the rest of the mod, it'll do everything automagically by changing the values in the Squad .cfg files before KSP reads them.

Only thing to keep in mind here, as with all other MM mods, is that MM doesn't know when you're in the debug menu, so they don't work if you reload the database that way.

Weird, adding that wasn't in the changelog.

Edit! It doesn't have FAR support, it flies just fine, though i'd still like someone to add FAR support to it so it flies better and works better with other stuff with FAR.

Edited by bs1110101

• 2 weeks later...
Weird, adding that wasn't in the changelog.

Edit! It doesn't have FAR support, it flies just fine, though i'd still like someone to add FAR support to it so it flies better and works better with other stuff with FAR.

v1.5.1

Fix for stock engine nacelle doing 3x as much drag as it should for its intake size.

Update small engine nacelle using new base area values.

New wing data based on 3 decimal point precision measurements of mesh vertexes.

FAR already has these measurements, FAR data for stock wings removed.

Override FAR's thrust levels for jets, if present.

Redo Novapunch winglet rebalance as a ModuleManager file, with new vertex-based measurements of the wings.

So ... FAR support or not?

And, am I reading this right or do the small versions of e.g. the air intakes have the same intake values as their bigger brothers?

Took a look at the part.cfg of your wings, you add FARs MODULE but while FAR edits the stock values to zero, you put them (back) in.

What does this do/change?

Edited by KerbMav

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love these parts and the changes you have made. Only one prob for me with my mix of mods is I am using Deadly Reentry and it seems to cause jet engines to overheat and explode almost immediately when combined with this mod. Does anyone know exactly what combination of features in the two mods might be causing this?

My own question: When will SCRAMJETs being added as part of the pack itself?

RAMs are decent, but are nothing compared to a SCRAMJET for hitting the upper mach numbers. Edited them in for myself. Power development around mach 3 up until mach 9. (As per the last real scramjet test... though I don't have all the data numbers to crunch the atmospheric values.)

Love these parts and the changes you have made. Only one prob for me with my mix of mods is I am using Deadly Reentry and it seems to cause jet engines to overheat and explode almost immediately when combined with this mod. Does anyone know exactly what combination of features in the two mods might be causing this?

Just for anyone who had a similar problem. I reset the module manager file and resized engine parts so that their heat production was the same as the default ones for squad and the engines stop overheating and exploding with Deadly Reentry.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I can't open the read-me file. I can, but it is in money dance, and I don't want to use money dance, ECT. So the read me works, but is there anyway you can post in a textedit file or something? I don't know how to install without this. Thanks.

It's not Money Dance -- it's a Markdown file. Just open it in any text editor or change the extension to .txt

For TV 1.5.1 , What tweakables did you notice? I only noticed electric charge appearing on engines, though it's not practically usable anyway even though NaN appears there. It looks like you can change it with

isTweakable = false
hideFlow = true

in the resource { name = electriccharge ... } section near the bottom of the file.

Some wing parts don't have winglet parameters set but I don't think you need them at all if using FAR. A fix may be putting winglet settings inside a module section like this :

MODULE
{
name = ModuleControlSurface
dragCoeff = 0.5
deflectionLiftCoeff = 0.7
ctrlSurfaceRange = 20
ctrlSurfaceArea = 0.95
}

Where in pre-0.23 , this stuff was just in the PART { } area with other usual settings like standard part parameters.

Otherwise fuel is tweakable already for fuel tanks and engines work fine as far as I can tell, though people have commented about heat being hard with deadly reentry though I really haven't thought much about that. I modded the RAPIER using TV's settings of turbojets and it got me to about 1000 m/s @ ~20km before being in danger of burning or 'kersploding. Good enough for ramjet transition on a heavy plane in my case a number of times but like I say I haven't thought much about it yet.

Oh I see now too. The wheel resizes and masses work fine but [edit.. Maybe I misread the cfgs about the other problem? ..anyway, resized smallgearbays weren't getting steering] Bays M, L and xl for 1.5.1 can be given steering with this :

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSteering
controlAxisType = Forward
steeringAxis = 0, 0, 1
steeringTransformName = Steering
steeringLocked = true
steeringCurve
{
key = 0 16
key = 10 9
key = 30 2
key = 100 1
}
}

MODULE
{
name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
matchRotation = true
matchPosition = false
CONSTRAINFX
{
targetName = Steering
moversName = wheelCollider
}

}

To each part { } section in gamedata\squad\parts\wheel\smallgearbay\tv-pp.cfg

..Which is from the stock gear. No idea if this needs any adjustment. Also this seemed to stop rcs build aid 0.4 from freaking out when toggling mass ball when using these gear, though I don't know if that's a fluke or is more complicated.

Edited by localSol

Is it ok if I ask a really stupid question? What is a Ramjet? I can't find it for the life of me. I see RAM intakes, but no RAM jets. Thanks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramjet

Basically its a jet engine without all the spinning/moving parts. You have to be going really fast to get enough compression from the intake to make sustained combustion feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.