Suggestion: Make Previous Versions Available

Okay, here's a suggestion for the KSP main website - make previous versions of the game available. I don't just mean the newest version and the one from six months ago, but every previous version of the game that has ever been produced. The only versions on the site are 1.2.2, 1.1.3, and 1.0.5. This is very frustrating, as it seems that every mod in existence is updated to 1.2.1, which no longer exists in any attainable form, and are incompatible with 1.2.2, the only 1.2 version I can actually download. And since I already own the game, shouldn't I be allowed access to the larger part of its functionality, and not just the latest release?

I don't know if this would be a hard thing to do, or if it would just be tedious; but I know the files are all out there, somewhere. They're sitting there, mocking me from my past downloads page, just out of reach (Access to cds.t2e6n8k7.hwcdn.net was denied). 

If it really is to much of a problem to implement on the site, could someone maybe just PM me the 1.2.1 KSP-win64.zip?

I apologize for my saltiness. Hey, admitting the problem is the first step towards recovery.

Edited by fenderzilla

3 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

every mod in existence is updated to 1.2.1, which no longer exists in any attainable form, and are incompatible with 1.2.2

Do you have any example of a mod updated to 1.2.1 and not compatible with 1.2.2, the one that doesn't really work, not just yelling at the start of the game?

3 hours ago, fenderzilla said:

If it really is to much of a problem to implement on the site, could someone maybe just PM me the 1.2.1 KSP-win64.zip?

Actually, that would violate the license if done by a regular user.

18 minutes ago, Ser said:

Do you have any example of a mod updated to 1.2.1 and not compatible with 1.2.2, the one that doesn't really work, not just yelling at the start of the game?

Actually, that would violate the license if done by a regular user.

Actually there is one mod that I know definitely doesn't work yet and that's kopernicus and KCT

1 hour ago, Stelum said:

there is one mod

1 = 1.

1 hour ago, Stelum said:

kopernicus and KCT

1 + 1 = 1?

Edit:

1 + 1 = 1

1 + 1 (- 1)=1 (- 1)

1 = 0

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

(1 + 1) + (1 + 1) = (1 + 1) + (1 + 1) + 1 (except this one is one of the ones that is actually not one, but zero)

2 + 2 = 2 + 2 + 1

2 + 2 = 5

:. Crimethink doubleplusungood.

I love Big Brother.

Edited by razark

3 hours ago, Stelum said:

Actually there is one mod that I know definitely doesn't work yet and that's kopernicus and KCT

It seems that KCT isn't officially updated for 1.2.x, as for Kopernicus:

So, why would you ever need 1.2.1 instead?

I'm agree with you that it would be nice if previous released KSP version and the latest major version before breaking changes were kept available, but keeping every version would be redundant. The 1.2.1 - 1.2.2 case is an example.

I like this suggestion, this would allow to stay on the current version while everyting gets updated. Case in point: because of Kopernicus, the OPMs basically disappeared with no warning for ~3 (IRL) days. Every missions to those bodies would ave been pretty screwed up. So this is not useless, as some said.

12 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Actually, there are more available than just that. Everything from 0.7.3 to 0.13.3 is available here:

I think @fenderzilla wants the most recent versions to be available for not having his favorite mods broken by a sudden update. So those ancient pre-beta versions... who needs them and why? May be just to remember those good ol' days when the trees celestial bodies were square.

Edited by Ser

50 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Is there some reason the OP doesn't save the downloaded zips from previous versions?

I deleted the downloads from my system to free up disk space.

(Of course, when a new version comes out, I archive the old install with all the mods I'm using.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.