What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

On 12/17/2017 at 4:34 PM, NSEP said:

Its the last week of school, and i have 6 school tasks i have to finish by the end of the week, after that, its christmas time, my Dad is getting married right after christmas and right after that i have to get to England with my family to Crlebrate New Years Eve.

I only have 2 days of rest after that before school punches me in the face again.

And I thought my Christmas was hectic. At least mine's all in one country. 

I've recently 3D printed a few things!

We have this project where we need to make a hydraulic system thing using syringes. However, something meant we needed to build a 3 way connector for the tubes to go in, so we decided to 3D print it. The first one did not work. The second one (with support structure this time) didn't work because the walls were too thin to register. The third one would have worked, but the computer shut off halfway through printing. On the fourth one there was a wall that we had to drill through, but it came out okay.

Except it's not watertight and we're not going to use it at all! Yay!

Also, if you look at SpaceFlightNow, there is currently a Falcon 9 launch and a H-IIA launch scheduled for the 22nd my time. And these launches are scheduled to happen 61 seconds apart. I really hope they don't slip, if so it would be awesome to have the two livestreams up next to each other!

19 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

The third one would have worked, but the computer shut off halfway through printing.

This is one reason why I never print from a computer.  Ever.

Unless you count the Raspberry Pis, but they're dedicated.  Running the printer is literally their only job.  All 4 of my printers are run by Octopi on a Raspberry Pi.

If you're still having trouble, let me know, I've been printing for awhile and wouldn't mind taking a look at what you got.

Today is the last day of school, and in total 80 minutes of lessons dropped out, but i arrives at school 60 minutes early, so that gives me a 20 minute shorter day.

Anyways, im going to go to this thing thats called 'Prom' in English. Just for 30 minutes, to check it out.

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Is it still going? Happy Bday!

Well, it's the next day by the calendar; but, if you count 24h from the supposed time of birth, it's still going on, yeah :D 

13 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

Felicitats!

Here, have this as your birthday present! It’ll make yer day!

@_@

*melts*

I think you guys in America celebrate Christmas on the 25th, right? If you do so on the 24th, then Merry Christmas!

One of my presents was a book written by Stephen Hawking. I opened a random page in it, what was their content?

Double-slit experiment and uncertainty principle.

On 12/21/2017 at 6:11 PM, NSEP said:

Its hard to navigate with flashing lights everywhere.

It's fun, though, especially if you're under the influence of alcohol. Makes finding your way a whole new challenge.

Edited by Guest