[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Solar system Ideas!

Kelar system (new(not Nessus)) a binary orange/red dwarf system with lotsaplernerts.

Spoiler

Kelar I: an orange dwarf star.

Hotspot: a original moho like planet, except with LAVA

Vulcan: a purple planet similar to old Eve (the purple one)also 3 times Kerbin mass. with a ring that is similar to Laevo's ring.

(that's where the idea came from actually)

Gilly: a moon shepherding the rings of Vulcan

Oith: a habitable planet twice the mass of Kerbin but less dense so same gravity and extensive ring system

Little Mun: a mun shepherding Oith's rings

Mun: a habitable mun.

Precious Mun: a mun (supposedly) made entirely of precious metals + gems

Dessert Mun: a mun made of dessert

Easy Mun: very similar to Minmus for the stock game 

Small Oith: between the size of Eve and Duna, but habitable.

Muns?

Red planet: Basically Duna, but with mountain range stretching out of the atmosphere.

Small Mun: Similar to Bop. same orbit and everything.

Even Smaller Mun: Similar to Gilly, but with an elliptical orbit that brings it from where bop's orbit is all the way out to 4 times that distance. they're in resonance. 

Asteroid belt: assorted Junk.

big Planet: Larger than Voon.

Volcanic Mun: like Pol.

Habitable Mun?: like tropical laythe

Big Mun: Like Laho.

Big Mun Mun: A surprisingly stable submoon.

Normal Mun: aaaaaaand we're back to normal.

BIGPRETTY planet: EVEN BIGGER THEN MESMO! With HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE rings.

Life Mun? like Eeloo.

Kinda Small Mun: self explanatory.

Kinda Large Mun: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Large Mun:             /\/\

Contrasting Mun: a moon like Ike. also inclined. with a HYOOOoOOOOOOOOOoooOoOOoooOOOOOOOooOoooOoooOOOOOGE ridge.

Big(ish) planet: self explanatory.

Very big Mun: Kerbin with thinner atmosphere. also with no life.

Red Mun: a red + black moon.

Retrograde Mun: like Trytho

Plutto: like Kel.

MiniPlutto: like Char.

Ring Dwarfplanet: like Hal.

END: a evil-looking gas giant with evil-looking moons.

Hades:-------------------------------------------------/\

Ragnarok:--------------------------------------------/\

Erebus:------------------------------------------------/\

Malevolence:---------------------------------------/\

Kelar II: a red dwarf.

planets coming soon.

also maybe a sedna analogue? for Kerbol

p.s. fully tested in Universe Sandbox2.

p.p.s. i am really bad at names.

p.p.p.s. feel free to change them

Hey there StarDestroyer, I am trying to install your mod (it looks really cool btw) but I keep getting an exception whenever Minmus is loaded (Array out of Bounds). Kopernicus warns me about this in game and no save files, not even creating new ones will load. I searched this thread for the word "minmus" to see if anyone else had experienced this before and I could not find it.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to enjoy your mod.

System Info:
16.0 GB RAM
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX 950M
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
DirectX 12

KSP Version: 1.3.1

No other mods other than KSS and its dependencies

Minmus Kopernicus log:
https://pastebin.com/DwvpPBLn

KSP log:
https://pastebin.com/ApM0w0Ub

ModuleManager Config Cache cannot be attached, but is whatever the default is when you install Kopernicus through CKAN.

Thank you for any help. I will continue to try and solve the issue on my own and will update here if I find anything

1 hour ago, Thorsigal said:

Hey there StarDestroyer, I am trying to install your mod (it looks really cool btw) but I keep getting an exception whenever Minmus is loaded (Array out of Bounds). Kopernicus warns me about this in game and no save files, not even creating new ones will load. I searched this thread for the word "minmus" to see if anyone else had experienced this before and I could not find it.

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to enjoy your mod.

System Info:
16.0 GB RAM
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
NVIDIA GTX 950M
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
DirectX 12

KSP Version: 1.3.1

No other mods other than KSS and its dependencies

Minmus Kopernicus log:
https://pastebin.com/DwvpPBLn

KSP log:
https://pastebin.com/ApM0w0Ub

ModuleManager Config Cache cannot be attached, but is whatever the default is when you install Kopernicus through CKAN.

Thank you for any help. I will continue to try and solve the issue on my own and will update here if I find anything

You are using kopernicus 1.3.1-7 when KSS states you must use 1.3.1-3.

Edited by Galileo

I'm driving the hype train today. If you don't like it you can jump out and pray you don't collide with a cactus.

The SRX Flux II Engine(s)

(Textures are still WIP but they're ready for service)

• (Left) 2.5m all-range plug nozzle type engine with radiators for landers, planes and probes.
  • (Right) 3.75m interstellar engine with radiator and attach points for 2.5m and 3.75m bodies (this is the new SRX model everyone is waiting for!)

Honeyview_screenshot343.jpg

The Scoop

If there is LqdHe3, the scoop will tell. And the scoop will get. (Works in atmosphere too) Finally, a working means to refuel your typically un-landable giant mothership. :P 

e4pxM3A.jpg

Ascending from stock Eve with ease. The SRX spike enables SSTO of many shapes and sizes. With 3 radial tanks and weighing about 30 tons, this lander had 8km/s dV at sea level...and a few hundred km/s in vacuum. But its Isp is a drop in the bucket next to the super-heavy (vacuum operation only) SRX bell engine.

kL332UA.jpg

A little Tweakscale and we have ourselves a spaceplane. Be advised that the KSS Administration does not take lightly to the firing of any ferocious nuclear plasma engines in the atmospheres of colonizable worlds (or Kerbin itself)... Power tends to have a price, huh. :D 

GtoaKci.jpg

These engines also now possess EC generation features. As great as they are for getting around, their fusion power is great too, even invaluable for keeping the lights (and the cryo-sleep chambers) on wile sailing the infinite seas...

(The power module isn't available by default. Part upgrades must be turned on in sandbox...or the feature must be unlocked separately in career or science mode).

jr1Z8Tj.jpg.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi I am loving this mod. However I have received another issue. In career mode, the contracts went straight from "Orbit Kerbin" to "Explore Kereksus." I let the contract expire because there's no way I can explore Kereksus, but it just showed up again.

I noticed a few other people experienced this bug, but none of them said how they managed to fix it.

Edit: I launched a stayputnik at the mun (didn;t even recover it) and it continued on with the regular progression. A flyby would have been easier but I already had it in orbit and wasn't going to use it.

Edited by Thorsigal

JadeOfMaar: Please elaborate.

Are the new engines like the nuclear ramject (reactor and nozzle combined) or the thermal ramjet that requires a thermal reactor? Can you use atmosphere as a propellant to save on fuel - your SSTO has no air intake so I guess not.  Which mod are/will be these engines included in?  Anyway, this looks awesome, thanks!

12 hours ago, enewmen said:

Are the new engines like the nuclear ramject (reactor and nozzle combined) or the thermal ramjet that requires a thermal reactor? Can you use atmosphere as a propellant to save on fuel - your SSTO has no air intake so I guess not.  Which mod are/will be these engines included in?  Anyway, this looks awesome, thanks!

The new engines all require LqdHe3 and that only. The engines are going to be KSS exclusive, hence why they're posted on the KSS page :P

13 hours ago, enewmen said:

They are like the former (containing their own reactor body section/they are reactors + nozzles) but are unlike either ramjet type as:

1. They are not air-breathing engines. They are rockets only and have no business with intakes. So there's no means to save on fuel. I've considered making the spike a dual-mode engine but no one who has access to the pre-release files has made any suggestion or given feedback. And I really want feedback on them.
  2. They are currently not configured such that their propellant is a byproduct out of their reactor module (friendly to the KER and MJ dV panels). Their resource chain is basic: LqdHe3 --> thrust + EC; LqdHe3 --> lots of EC;
  3. They are fusion drives needing magnetic containment fields in order to function without self-destructing. I don't know better so as far as I see things, it's not plausible to duct a significant airflow through a fusion reactor core.
  4. As TheSpacePotato said, these engines are exclusive to KSS. The bell engine is promised to StarCrusher96 himself-- the spike is a bonus so he can make landers for his screenshots-- landers that actually look like they could return from the surface of Blalo...instead of all those puny things with only Terriers on the undersides.

Since you are clearly a KSPI user, I believe your feedback would be golden if you're willing to trial the engines (and the scoop and the resource bands). And anyone is welcome to create a KSPI patch for these things.

Spoiler

Current part stats for reference. (Engines unlock at FusionRockets in CTT)

3ZOtzr9.png

Scoop unlocks at AdvOffworldMining (end of the ISRU row) in CTT.

RkJDTPq.png

While I'm writing this I have even MORE hype to share.

Along with the scoop, LqdHe3 will be scoop-able at nearly every* known gas giant and star in KSS, and drill-able at most (I think) airless bodies between Moho and Jool's moons (for kickstarting He3 mining base operations) 

* According to the contents of the KSS wiki at this date. Stars and gas giants after this date or after KSS 0.8 release day are not promised.

On 6/18/2018 at 4:35 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Since you are clearly a KSPI user, I believe your feedback would be golden if you're willing to trial the engines (and the scoop and the resource bands). And anyone is welcome to create a KSPI patch for these things.

While I'm writing this I have even MORE hype to share.

Along with the scoop, LqdHe3 will be scoop-able at nearly every* known gas giant and star in KSS, and drill-able at most (I think) airless bodies between Moho and Jool's moons (for kickstarting He3 mining base operations) 

* According to the contents of the KSS wiki at this date. Stars and gas giants after this date or after KSS 0.8 release day are not promised.

So much hype to share!

Yes, I use KSP-IE, Near Future, USI, etc. a lot so I can get the all the cool KSS systems - without using parts that seem magically good.   I'm a professional programmer and I have some time, so I'll be happy to trial the engines.  I'm not very familiar with mods, but I can check on making a KSP-IE patch.   Please send a PM if interested.

From what I notice, He3 is VERY difficult to harvest/mine, more difficult than antimatter, and is not found on Kerbin. So any plausible way to harvest He3 will help a LOT.

https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Helium-3

Edited by enewmen