[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

On 4/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, CosmicGoupil said:

Hey very nice new models there ! Unfortunatly I met heat dissipation issues since last update. I can't cool my reactor enough whatever number of radiators I'm running. I'm using a FLAT reactor. Radiators woks fine in atmosphere but seams to be totally ineficient in space.

No enough information to diagnose issue. Mod list, screenshots of craft with relevant icons open, etc etc etc.

On 4/2/2017 at 10:38 AM, toric5 said:

Nereta, will you be bringing back the clustered ion engines, or are they only included in the DL for backwards compatibility?

Nope, and they're gone gone next update. 

On 4/1/2017 at 7:01 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @Nertea @Streetwind. I've been thinking you two might like this. In Galileo's Planet Pack there's a land-able body with an immense abundance of Hydrogen gas, and a body with Methane lakes and atmosphere. Motivated by Eddie's desire to create a cryo-fueled empire I went and made a mining system for use with Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics. Not only will this surely make these engine packs even more fun but will make planets/moons like mine/Galileo's more useful and more appealing for dropping mining outposts at.

Oddly, the M-2 Cryogenic Separator produces invalid "MethaneGas" when it's supposed to make Methane. I'll figure it out if it's a typo on my side. Otherwise I think there's a hardcode thing going on.

Reveal hidden contents

//Add H2, H2-based gases to M-2 Cryogenic Gas Separator
@PART[cryoseperator-25]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceHarvester
		HarvesterType = 2
		Efficiency = 0.95
		ResourceName = Hydrogen
		ConverterName = Hydrogen Seperator
		StartActionName = Activate Hydrogen Loop
		StopActionName = Shutdown Hydrogen Loop
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Hydrogen Loop
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 25
		}
		HarvestThreshold = 0.0
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceHarvester
		HarvesterType = 2
		Efficiency = 0.4
		ResourceName = MethaneGas
		ConverterName = Methane Seperator
		StartActionName = Activate Methane Loop
		StopActionName = Shutdown Methane Loop
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Methane Loop
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 25
		}
		HarvestThreshold = 0.0
	}
}

That's pretty sweet!

32 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

Would there be any interest in creating a fuel cell that runs on LqdHydrogen+Oxidizer? This could be a Near Future Electrical (or Spacecraft) feature that relies on CryoTanks, in the same way that the LH2 RCS is implemented in Near Future Propulsion. (Though I am not sure if it should run on the CryoEngines mass ratio of 4.7:1 or the real-world mass ratio of 7.94:1.)

In conjunction with the LH2/Ox RCS that I saw proposed on GitHub, and the existing LH2 Cutlass option from Mk4, this would bring LqdHydrogen into full feature parity with stock LiquidFuel. (Imagine the PR benefits of a space program with neither fossil fuels nor toxic monopropellant! Just ignore all of that enriched uranium we keep strapping to our rockets...)

You can probably make a patch that adds that reaction as an option; those cells are just resource converters as I recall. If you make it I will add it to the extras (in CryoTanks probably)

I'm trying to shutdown the Liberator engine's reactor while in orbit mode, and I can't figure out how.

Without orbit mode, I can't make accurate burns with this engine. If I lower thrust to zero (via X), then the reactor overheats and becomes damaged (and also unusable until it cools under 6000K which can take some time).

I tried tying the RCS action to the reactor shutdown in action groups (since I don't use RCS much), but that didn't work in orbit mode. Nothing happens.

Any ideas? Do I need to attach a bunch of large radiators so I can cease propulsion without blowing the reactor? Thanks!

Edited by Starfire70

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, PocketBrotector said:

Would there be any interest in creating a fuel cell that runs on LqdHydrogen+Oxidizer? This could be a Near Future Electrical (or Spacecraft) feature that relies on CryoTanks, in the same way that the LH2 RCS is implemented in Near Future Propulsion. (Though I am not sure if it should run on the CryoEngines mass ratio of 4.7:1 or the real-world mass ratio of 7.94:1.)

I've actually been contemplating a part that uses H2/O2 (gaseous forms) to make water and EC and then being able to convert that water back into H2/O2 with more EC. Basically FuelCell meets NFE's Capacitors meets Resource Converter.

LH2/LOX could work, but the converter side would need to suck down more power than the FuelCell side produces and pump out a bit of heat you'd need to reject to simulate the cryogenic process.

I was thinking of just doing an MM config using assets from stock for myself, but I don't know what numbers would be reasonable/balanced to use for the conversions. Especially since it's non-stock resources. Anyway...

@Nertea I see you're starting to deprecate parts from your packs for newer ones you're creating to replace them. Any chance of legacy packs ("Legacy Packs - Unsupported"), either from you yourself or from someone else? (Kinda like how the OPT mod was split up when the dev was finally able to come back.) I really like your parts in general. (I already miss the low-profile LFO engine from NFSpacecraft.) Your assets are under ARR licensing, so I have to ask. (Otherwise, I need to start collecting older versions of your mods for my personal use, before parts are gone gone.)

7 hours ago, Starfire70 said:

I'm trying to shutdown the Liberator engine's reactor while in orbit mode, and I can't figure out how.

Without orbit mode, I can't make accurate burns with this engine. If I lower thrust to zero (via X), then the reactor overheats and becomes damaged (and also unusable until it cools under 6000K which can take some time).

I tried tying the RCS action to the reactor shutdown in action groups (since I don't use RCS much), but that didn't work in orbit mode. Nothing happens.

Any ideas? Do I need to attach a bunch of large radiators so I can cease propulsion without blowing the reactor? Thanks!

I've never used the NFE plugin for Kerbal Atomics, but does the engine have a "power" slider? A second slider just like the thrust limiter. That's how you throttle down NFE reactors.

On 4/4/2017 at 6:38 PM, Nertea said:

You can probably make a patch that adds that reaction as an option; those cells are just resource converters as I recall. If you make it I will add it to the extras (in CryoTanks probably)

I have submitted a pull request to the CryoTanks repository for this patch.

@StahnAileron - I'm sure there's interest out there for a realistic fuel cell among the Realism Overhaul crowd, but I see an LH2/O fuel cells as basically filling in the gaps of the stock+cryo paradigm. I'm pretty sure stock fuel cells are supposed to be running on hydrogen and oxygen, implemented as LiquidFuel and Oxidizer. Stock LiquidFuel is an abstraction of several different substances: aviation fuel, some kind of rocket fuel, and (liquid) hydrogen; the hydrogen part can be seen in the Nerv, fuel cells, and possibly ISRU... though ISRU itself involves another layer of hand-waving. The CryoTanks "suite" separates out the LqdHydrogen aspect for nuclear and cryogenic chemical engines, etc. So while a LqdHydrogen/Oxidizer fuel cell is unrealistic, it's unrealistic in a way that matches the rest of the stock+LqdHydrogen system.

There's some wiggle room between the two perspectives, though, because real-world hydrogen/oxygen fuel cells produce water as a useful byproduct. Water doesn't exist in stock KSP, but it's used in mods both realistic (TAC Life Support) and abstract (MKS). @Nertea - would it be acceptable for the LH2/Ox converter in the CryoTanks patch to produce Water as an additional output? It would be optional via DumpExcess = true, and it's already a CRP resource, so there would be no downside for folks who don't need it.

Edited by PocketBrotector

2 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

@StahnAileron - I'm sure there's interest out there for a realistic fuel cell among the Realism Overhaul crowd, but I see an LH2/O fuel cells as basically filling in the gaps of the stock+cryo paradigm. I'm pretty sure stock fuel cells are supposed to be running on hydrogen and oxygen, implemented as LiquidFuel and Oxidizer. Stock LiquidFuel is an abstraction of several different substances: aviation fuel, some kind of rocket fuel, and (liquid) hydrogen; the hydrogen part can be seen in the Nerv, fuel cells, and possibly ISRU... though ISRU itself involves another layer of hand-waving. The CryoTanks "suite" separates out the LqdHydrogen aspect for nuclear and cryogenic chemical engines, etc. So while a LqdHydrogen/Oxidizer fuel cell is unrealistic, it's unrealistic in a way that matches the rest of the stock+LqdHydrogen system.

There's some wiggle room between the two perspectives, though, because real-world hydrogen/oxygen fuel cells produce water as a useful byproduct. Water doesn't exist in stock KSP, but it's used in mods that are both realistic (TAC Life Support) and abstract (MKS).

I know what you mean. In actuality, my inspiration came from an odd mix of Universal Storage System's Alkaline Fuel Cell part (gaseous H2 + O2 > H2O + EC) and NFE's capacitors (denser EC storage with limits on charge/discharge rates.) USS didn't conform to stock resources. If anything, I could see someone making an NF-compatibility for USS (H2 > LH2, O2 > Oxidizer; dunno about the water.) Anyway, I just kinda wanted a closed-cycle Fuel Cell loop of some sort for high-density energy storage.

I'd used NFE's capacitors, but I sorta want a more hands-off system. My experience with the capacitors date back to 1.0.5, though. I should probably try them out in 1.2.x now before commenting too much. I just recall not being able to leave capacitors to charge/discharge on their own and that they weren't rated-limited like fuel cells can be (i.e. Fuel Cells can output only as much as needed; capacitors were all-or-nothing). If you could take a capacitor and use two ModuleFuelCell modules to let you convert StoredCharge and EC back and forth automatically... (I'm not sure what ModuleFuelCell is allowed to convert in terms of resources.)

8 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I've never used the NFE plugin for Kerbal Atomics, but does the engine have a "power" slider? A second slider just like the thrust limiter. That's how you throttle down NFE reactors.

Didn't occur to me to try that, but is the issue is specifically with the orbit view. Is thhere a quick key to reduce power to zero in the orbit view?

1 hour ago, Starfire70 said:

Didn't occur to me to try that, but is the issue is specifically with the orbit view. Is thhere a quick key to reduce power to zero in the orbit view?

Near Future Electrics/Kerbal Atomics has a specific UI window for controlling nuclear reactors and capacitators (showing heat and an option for power level). Can you use that in orbit view?

edit: Yep! You can open the reactor control panel and have it still show when switching to map view.

@Nertea Would you consider adding a panel icon to the map view? Currently there is only a switch on craft view.

Also, the updated panel looks neat!

Small issue: Nuclear engines don't get a predefined name for the panel.

edit2: Also, you always want to lower the power setting to 0%, so it gets overriden - and only started! - by throttle. This reactor reaches 18000K in the matter of seconds, so there is no prewarming needed (and firing the engine without cooling hydrogen flow is crazy anyway). Also equip lots of heavy radiators to get rid of the head. Maybe a somewhat heavy isolation part between engine and tank, because a near empty fuel tank overheats a lot faster than a full fuel tank.

Also be careful with timewarp. Radiators don't work that well past 100 times warp.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Near Future Electrics/Kerbal Atomics has a specific UI window for controlling nuclear reactors and capacitators (showing heat and an option for power level). Can you use that in orbit view?

edit: Yep! You can open the reactor control panel and have it still show when switching to map view.

@Temeter Very much appreciated. I wish I could like your post many times.

G'day you sexy mod creator.

Loving this series of mods, especially all the groovy construction parts. They are bang on excellent.

Please consider changing how Nuclear reactors play with tweakscale. I can reduce the FLAT reactor to 2.5m and it still produces 2000 EC/s for a quarter of the mass. It also requires the same amount of heat dissipation.

6 hours ago, brumby said:

Please consider changing how Nuclear reactors play with tweakscale. I can reduce the FLAT reactor to 2.5m and it still produces 2000 EC/s for a quarter of the mass. It also requires the same amount of heat dissipation.

Hi @brumby, there is no official TweakScale support for any of Nertea's mods, as far as I am aware. There is especially no official TweakScale support for Near Future Electrical. These reactors are not standard KSP parts, but rather require custom code to work. Therefore TweakScale has difficulties scaling them correctly. I don't know if it's even possible to write a complete config that adjusts all the necessary numbers - I have never used TweakScale myself and likely never will - but if it is possible at all, then that is an exercise left to the user.

23 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

I have submitted a pull request to the CryoTanks repository for this patch.

There's some wiggle room between the two perspectives, though, because real-world hydrogen/oxygen fuel cells produce water as a useful byproduct. Water doesn't exist in stock KSP, but it's used in mods both realistic (TAC Life Support) and abstract (MKS). @Nertea - would it be acceptable for the LH2/Ox converter in the CryoTanks patch to produce Water as an additional output? It would be optional via DumpExcess = true, and it's already a CRP resource, so there would be no downside for folks who don't need it.

Why not MM patch the water in optionally? Like IF TAC or MKS then Patch2 else Patch1?

Near Future Tech Development Log #2

This week was full of activity due to work illness. So... localization (:P).

kTb7aKC.png

KIDDING. Ok, in all seriousness, localization of all config file strings was a main goal this week for NFT, but I won't talk about it that much. I finished the strings for the entire NF suite plus Heat Control, Kerbal Atomics and CryoEngines. It's been pretty nice having the strings all in one place so I can easily see inconsistencies and such. Still, it took too long and was a pain - not looking forward to doing this for MkIV and SSPX. I still have to adjust the plugin components, but that will have to wait. I probably won't do that until 1.3 officially drops so that I can make all the necessary changes to the plugins at once.

On the art side, work has continued on visual improvements to NF Solar and NF Spacecraft. For NF Solar, I completed modeling and unwrapping work on the two newest solar arrays - the OKEB-125 and OKEB-100 models. These are based, respectively, on the NASA Asteroid Tug concept and the SpaceX ITS concept. The latter array has become the only retractable blanket array in NF Solar, which is a nice differentiator. It's been a struggle to get these panels to look "right" in the texturing department, so while you'll see the OKEB-125 in the following screenshots (I'm 50% happy with it), you'll have to wait until next week for the -100. In addition, texturing of the shrouds for the retractable version of the two smallest solar panels was completed. It's looking increasingly like I will have to re-rig and re-animate the giant OKEB-500 to get the array shaders looking right, which sucks, will take forever, and pulled me a bit away from working on this pack.

So I dedicated the remaining time to the planned improvements to NF Spacecraft. After reexporting all of the normal maps, things were much improved on parts like the monopropellant fuel tanks, but I didn't stop there. Repainting the entire textures for the Mk4-1, the Mk3-9 and the PPD-1 took a while, but was totally worth it - they're now up to spec and I'm very happy with them. In addition, I spent a lot of time building revised 2.5m and 1.25m "station parts" common endcaps. This will pay large dividends when revising the Stockalike Station Parts Expansion mod. The new caps are much higher quality but keep most of the same visual elements as the stock ones. These model bits, along with new common "station parts" EVA hatches, really bring the NF Spacecraft crewed parts together. Of course, the Itinerant utility pod, which is quite possibly the oldest model in NF Spacecraft, was also totally revamped, and I used the opportunity to test out new texture techniques that will also be applied to 2.5m SSPX parts. I'm going for a thermal blanket-like aesthetic and after tons and tons of work, I'm happy with the result. I hope you all are too!

Here's a link to the update album.

The remaining NF Spacecraft parts to be overhauled are now down to the service module hybrid tanks and the textures on the landing legs. These shouldn't take too long, so we're almost there!

53 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Why not MM patch the water in optionally? Like IF TAC or MKS then Patch2 else Patch1?

Well, those were just the first examples that I could think of... I'm sure there are other mods out there that use Water as well. Maybe the best option would be a patch in the Extras folder for water? That way the player could choose explicitly if they want it upon installation.

Looking forward to seeing how all the cool revised parts fit together in game. Does the Mk4-1 shroud still let us see out of that downward-facing lander window? And what kind of legs are on that lander? 

On 4/6/2017 at 1:06 AM, StahnAileron said:

@Nertea I see you're starting to deprecate parts from your packs for newer ones you're creating to replace them. Any chance of legacy packs ("Legacy Packs - Unsupported"), either from you yourself or from someone else? (Kinda like how the OPT mod was split up when the dev was finally able to come back.) I really like your parts in general. (I already miss the low-profile LFO engine from NFSpacecraft.) Your assets are under ARR licensing, so I have to ask. (Otherwise, I need to start collecting older versions of your mods for my personal use, before parts are gone gone.)

The old parts are all under CC-BY-NA-SA 4 actually. I won't be redistributing them because they are hella ugly - with all this effort to add consistency and quality to my stuff I don't want the old bits coming back to haunt me. Does the LF patch for NFSpacecraft not more or less replicate that engine for you? The mean heights of the engines are fairly similar...

40 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

Well, those were just the first examples that I could think of... I'm sure there are other mods out there that use Water as well. Maybe the best option would be a patch in the Extras folder for water? That way the player could choose explicitly if they want it upon installation.

I still think the best option is just a curated list of NEEDS. I mean, the number of mods can't be that high.

38 minutes ago, PocketBrotector said:

Looking forward to seeing how all the cool revised parts fit together in game. Does the Mk4-1 shroud still let us see out of that downward-facing lander window? And what kind of legs are on that lander? 

The 5m version certainly does, and the rounded version... might. Maybe a bit. The Mk4 lander has the medium size lets, I want to say LT-1 but I'm not sure of the name.

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

The old parts are all under CC-BY-NA-SA 4 actually. I won't be redistributing them because they are hella ugly - with all this effort to add consistency and quality to my stuff I don't want the old bits coming back to haunt me. Does the LF patch for NFSpacecraft not more or less replicate that engine for you? The mean heights of the engines are fairly similar...

...I'm an idiot. I completely forgot about the patches you included. I guess I could just rig the patch to duplicate the engines so I can pick either type in the editor.

Looking forward to your next release. NF Solar and Spacecraft are looking s-e-x-y there. :cool: I think of all the modders around, I like your modeling and texture work the best overall. Your efforts and dedication are much appreciated! Your Octo parts from NFC made me want to seriously build a space station for once, especially now that KSP can handle high part counts far better. :) Though I'm still crashing my game due to low RAM. :( I've been considering moving to 32GB from my current 16GB, but it means replacing all my RAM modules...;.;

BTW, small little thing if/when you get to NFConstruction: the red & blue wire on the 5m-3.75m truss adapter are reversed compared to the trusses themselves. Is this intentional? (Looks like the wires crossover at the junction.)

EDIT: So I went and checked... Where is this LFO patch for the NFSpacecraft orbital engines? I have v0.6.3 and I don't see an "extras" folder like you normally have in your other mods (and originally mentioned).

... Never mind. Found it on Github. (v0.6.4?)

Edited by StahnAileron
Finding the NFSpacecraft LFO patch

G'day, I hope this hasn't been asked a dozen times (I searched and can't find anyone else that has had a similar problem) but does anyone know where the stock Z-4K battery goes to when I install Near Future Electrical? I know it's the mod, because I just removed it and got the battery back. Restore the mod and it's gone. When I say gone I mean that previous craft I built that had a Z-4K are now locked in the VAB. The part still exists, because I can load those ships and the battery is there. However, it doesn't appear in the tech tree, and so the game thinks the part is yet to be unlocked. Swapping over to a sandbox game and the part is there alongside the mod parts. It seems to me, from my experiments, that the mod is doing something to the tech tree.

Is it doing this on purpose? (I didn't want to get the community tech tree mod, if I can avoid it)

Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers.

@Phil deCube This actually hasn't been asked at all. Which is unsurprising, because NF Electrical does no such thing :P You can verify this by opening the downloadable archive and perusing the small number of config files in the Patches subdirectory. Even the CTT config doesn't touch any stock parts.

Of course, that doesn't mean that your interpretation is wrong. It's quite possible that you have a MM patch installed somewhere that is tagged as :NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical] and moves certain parts around if triggered. However, that config is not shipped by Near Future, so unfortunately we cannot help you find it. Try looking first and foremost among stock overhaul-type mods, such as: KSP Interstellar, Kerbalism, SETI, or even Ven's Stock Parts Revamp. If you have any custom tech tree installed that is not CTT, that might also do it.

19 hours ago, Phil deCube said:

G'day, I hope this hasn't been asked a dozen times (I searched and can't find anyone else that has had a similar problem) but does anyone know where the stock Z-4K battery goes to when I install Near Future Electrical? I know it's the mod, because I just removed it and got the battery back. Restore the mod and it's gone. When I say gone I mean that previous craft I built that had a Z-4K are now locked in the VAB. The part still exists, because I can load those ships and the battery is there. However, it doesn't appear in the tech tree, and so the game thinks the part is yet to be unlocked. Swapping over to a sandbox game and the part is there alongside the mod parts. It seems to me, from my experiments, that the mod is doing something to the tech tree.

Is it doing this on purpose? (I didn't want to get the community tech tree mod, if I can avoid it)

Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers.

Do you have Bargin Rockets installed?  (I just found an issue there.)

So one suggestion I'd like to see looked into with the refinement pass (not sure if this was already mentioned previously) is the audio loops for NF propulsion. Seems when running a lot of the NF engines (which I love btw!), there seems to be a pop every so often, leading me to believe the audio loops for the engines is restarting when that happens...

Being completely inexperienced with modding anything, I'm not sure what this would involve, and don't know if it's possible/how difficult it would be, but wanted to toss it out there. 

Thanks for a great set of mods!

2 hours ago, SpaceX said:

So one suggestion I'd like to see looked into with the refinement pass (not sure if this was already mentioned previously) is the audio loops for NF propulsion. Seems when running a lot of the NF engines (which I love btw!), there seems to be a pop every so often, leading me to believe the audio loops for the engines is restarting when that happens...

Being completely inexperienced with modding anything, I'm not sure what this would involve, and don't know if it's possible/how difficult it would be, but wanted to toss it out there. 

Thanks for a great set of mods!

I'll ask my audio buddy to have a look, they might not be perfectly looped... I don't have much knowledge here.

On 4/7/2017 at 1:54 PM, StahnAileron said:

BTW, small little thing if/when you get to NFConstruction: the red & blue wire on the 5m-3.75m truss adapter are reversed compared to the trusses themselves. Is this intentional? (Looks like the wires crossover at the junction.)

Nah, probably something to look at. I'm not looking forward to revising that pack... :(

13 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I'll ask my audio buddy to have a look, they might not be perfectly looped... I don't have much knowledge here.

Nah, probably something to look at. I'm not looking forward to revising that pack... :(

I don't blame you. Those are some complex models you made for them with all the mesh switching available. I love the Octos, as they're the most versatile. I WANT to use the Hexes, but not much goes with them aesthetically. (I wish they has fuel switching like the Octos. Speaking of which...)

I know this is definitely asking a lot from you, but any plans/thoughts on adding fuel switching options to the rest of the trusses? I frequently find myself wanting the 2 smallest Octos to have fuel in them (I wanted to use them as the main body for landers/satellite/probes). I know I can make them hollow, bit no mod out there has parts that fit just right in them and/or doesn't look right. (The closest I can get is FTP's short tanks, but they don't fit right without some adjusting; wind up with overlapping frames since both of you use the same semi-standardized heights/lengths.)

I'm not really expecting you to do this considering the model complexity. (You had some patience and tenacity there. :confused:) I'm just curious.

1 hour ago, StahnAileron said:

I don't blame you. Those are some complex models you made for them with all the mesh switching available. I love the Octos, as they're the most versatile. I WANT to use the Hexes, but not much goes with them aesthetically. (I wish they has fuel switching like the Octos. Speaking of which...)

The Hex ones probably need more options, like a 2.5m to truss adapter for example. Whether this will happen is really up in the air as it isn't on the 1.0 roadmap. 

2 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

I know this is definitely asking a lot from you, but any plans/thoughts on adding fuel switching options to the rest of the trusses? I frequently find myself wanting the 2 smallest Octos to have fuel in them (I wanted to use them as the main body for landers/satellite/probes). I know I can make them hollow, bit no mod out there has parts that fit just right in them and/or doesn't look right. (The closest I can get is FTP's short tanks, but they don't fit right without some adjusting; wind up with overlapping frames since both of you use the same semi-standardized heights/lengths.)

I have plans to add fuel components to the two larger hex trusses (https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/NearFutureConstruction/issues/21), and POSSIBLY the larger of the two remaining octo-trusses. It's not so much that the complexity is high but that it's effectively many new models to do this. Each truss that gets fuel tanks is... 11 new models, 11 new unwraps, 11 new textures except where I can re-use them. That's like... at least 1.5 weeks of modding time right there. I can tell you I don't do the 5m truss tanks for sure, and it's quite unlikely I will do the square ones.