[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

should I get 1.2a now or would it be best to wait for the update?

It's entirely up to you. I would wait till the next update, though, just incase something messes up during updating :) (and orbits maaaaaay shift a tad, so don't somehow get to a planet in an hour and wonder how to get back after updating!)

10 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

That actually looks cool. It won't be as vivid a colour as that, though. I might spend an hour or two experimenting with it. I'm not saying i'll make it into next week's release, but there's a possibility

10 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

This looks similar to Kerbal Galaxy 2 Revamped's Krush-A

It might be because the heightmap for this volcano can be found on googleimages. We probably use the same volcanoes because it's easier to find one than make one (just search 'Volcano Heightmap png'). I used the MapDecal PQSMod to add the volcano seamlessly into the terrain of the moon, I imagine that other mod's developer did it as well :D 

Mission accomplished!

Finally completed my goal of planting a flag on all the landable bodies in this great planet pack.

I used my standard stock-parts mining lander for all of the landings except Fume. I built a special stock-parts ship for that. I use Space-Y for the Kerbin launches.

Took about 5 Kerbin launches in total - I was able to hop from moon or planet to the next to cover most of the system.

Thanks again Gamelinx and others for putting it together, I really enjoyed it. I'm not finished yet though, will definitely go back to spend more time of some of these bodies, especially Telos and Butai. Still tempted to get a new PC so I can see them in their full glory!

Plummet.

bBp5xdg.pngKl6hzBc.png

13 minutes ago, Plummet said:

Mission accomplished!

Finally completed my goal of planting a flag on all the landable bodies in this great planet pack.

I used my standard stock-parts mining lander for all of the landings except Fume. I built a special stock-parts ship for that. I use Space-Y for the Kerbin launches.

Took about 5 Kerbin launches in total - I was able to hop from moon or planet to the next to cover most of the system.

Thanks again Gamelinx and others for putting it together, I really enjoyed it. I'm not finished yet though, will definitely go back to spend more time of some of these bodies, especially Telos and Butai. Still tempted to get a new PC so I can see them in their full glory!

Plummet.

Wow, well done, mate! I've landed on almost all of them, as well, but via HyperEdit, so it doesn't count, really. :)

37 minutes ago, Plummet said:

Mission accomplished!

Plummet.

bBp5xdg.pngKl6hzBc.png

I don't know what to say... Wow!

You'll have one more moon (Butai is getting a new moon - Kibbos, named by @The White Guardian ) to land on. 

Thank you for using this mod, and I hope you've had as much fun as possible whilst playing it!

Uploading version 1.3a. A bit time pressed, so I haven't given it as much as a thorough check as I should have, but nothing is seriously out of place, soooo... Yeah!

- It should finish uploading in 20 minutes from when this message is posted.

- Teloslate has one side which is hit by an impact, and should have an ocean. There's a bug which I'll fix tomorrow

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

It might be because the heightmap for this volcano can be found on googleimages. We probably use the same volcanoes because it's easier to find one than make one (just search 'Volcano Heightmap png'). I used the MapDecal PQSMod to add the volcano seamlessly into the terrain of the moon, I imagine that other mod's developer did it as well :D 

Nicccce

Version 1.3a for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-03-26
IMPORTANT: If you're landed at Niebos, or Teloslate, complete your mission before updating!

• Removed a bug with Olu'um's accretion disk
  • Added 'Kibbos' moon around Butai
  • Reworked Fume's terrain
  • Added auroras to EVE configs
  • Telos scatterer atmosphere improved
  • Teloslate clouds fixed
  • Teloslate has an impact crater
  • Teloslate size increased by 8KM
  • Teloslate terrain bugs fixed
  • Updated EVE clouds (Credit to The White Guardian for creating 5 assets)
  • Niebos terrain updated. More sharper mountains for variation
  • Fixed scatterer unloading bug when close to Niebos, then loading in
  • Updated clouds for Niebos, Telos, Scorch, Volux, Butai and Sonus
  • Added auroras to Niebos, Olu'um, Sheathe and Sonus
  • Added more mountains to Sonus
  • Removed Dusk's strange atmosphere (shouldn't have been there in the first place)
  • Updated Fume's atmosphere colour for scatterer users
  • Fixed major white planets bugwhen using scatterer
  • Increased the size of Scorch to match its gravity proportionally
  • Added stock planet scatterer and eve configs back to prevent major bugs
  • Planet Verex replaced with Verdina
  • Changed cloud particle textures
  • Updated Niebos's ScaledSpace
  • Added a module manager config to correctly load Scatterer onto the planets without hitches
  • Changed Resources.txt to Resources.cfg - you can't mine Olu'um for LFO/MonoP anymore
  • Fixed dust clouds on Sheathe
  • "Removed the Kraken"

4 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Great! Can't wait to do a career mode play-through! And thanks for reading my suggestions xD

Awesome!

To everyone following this thread:

Pick your ugliest planets from version 1.3. Reply here with them. I think we've hit the limit for planets in the Kerbal system and I need to revisit a few and brush them up. Which planets do guys want to see rivisited, improved or redone?

This will help increase the overall quality of the mod by maintaining a good standard. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Plummet said:

Mission accomplished!

Nope. No one can claim this.

Spoiler

He's always adding a planet or moon to land on. So your achievement becomes null. :sticktongue:

By the way, that view from Teloslate is too epic. :o 

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Nope. No one can claim this.

Hide contents

He's always adding a planet or moon to land on. So your achievement becomes null. :sticktongue:

By the way, that view from Teloslate is too epic. :o 

Heh! That's true! I'm glad though..keep the challenges coming!

Olu'um thinks he's a king?

Nope. :) 

I brought my own crown (the NOX Crown SSTO) and I cut him with it. (Of course I had to turn on the heat cheat...)  My testbed game's performance at this time was so smooth I no longer cared to install visual mods to make the screenshots better.

D1omFIk.jpg

3dQkxa0.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

12 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Olu'um thinks he's a king?

Nope. :) 

I brought my own crown (the NOX Crown SSTO) and I cut him with it. (Of course I had to turn on the heat cheat...)  My testbed game's performance at this time was so smooth I no longer cared to install visual mods to make the screenshots better.

D1omFIk.jpg

3dQkxa0.jpg

Those are awesome screenshots!