RocketLab Discussion Thread

Kryten

I prefer the old logo... I think I would have dumped the line art rocket, made a font where the B had came more to a >, and kept the flame. That or same font, keep the flame, add a >

<<<<<<<>ROCKET LAB>

(where the <<> on the back is red, dunno about the nose cone)

Quick and dirty:

FCwqXYz.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, obnox twin said:

I think Rocket Labs neutron could lift a 2 person capsule to LEO with the right adjustments I think it could do it.

It can take an 8t payload to LEO. They'd have to have a way to separate the fairing as part of an LES system—maybe the capsule has integral LES like Dragon, and the fairings are blown off as part of the abort.

But yeah, seems plausible, possibly more than 2 crew.

11 hours ago, tater said:

It can take an 8t payload to LEO. They'd have to have a way to separate the fairing as part of an LES system—maybe the capsule has integral LES like Dragon, and the fairings are blown off as part of the abort.

But yeah, seems plausible, possibly more than 2 crew.

No fairing on crew launches.

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

No fairing on crew launches.

One issue with crewed missions is that you has to land downrange as you need the launch angle to be so shallow that any abort don't give to high g load in any aborts. 
This is why falcon 9 land downrange and why Boeing manned system had two engines on centaur upper stage. 
My guess is an pretty wide capsule and an cone style trunk, second stage probably peak inside the trunk.

• 2 weeks later...