Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

11 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

It always seems that when I find a new product or show that I like, it gets discontinued or cancelled

If you don't mind, I'd like to introduce you to my wife...

On 10/27/2018 at 12:23 AM, TheSaint said:

Don't talk to me about Firefly. 15 years...is still too soon.

:0.0: Wait... It's been THAT LONG!?!? No WONDER my best friend is getting fed up with my "I haven't gotten around to watching it yet" replies... :/

Hmm... I'm also pretty sure I figured out the reasoning behind my employer absolutely refusing to bring in a new worker for my department, despite both my coworker and I putting in 10-20 hours of OT a WEEK... (No wonder I don't find time for TV).

The soil lab is about to start winding down. We'll get a "helper" or two for a few months, then lose them when spring comes... Then it'll be back to begging for a third, and not getting one... Till summer. Then we'll get an intern or two... Till school starts again... I see what they're doing. Yeah... Joy. :mad:

Edited by richfiles

Just now, richfiles said:

:0.0: Wait... It's been THAT LONG!?!? No WONDER my best friend is getting fed up with my "I haven't gotten around to watching it yet" replies... :/

YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED FIREFLY!!! :o It is seriously one of the best science fiction television shows ever made.

Stop whatever you are doing. Go to Amazon. Buy the Anniversary Set. Binge watch it. Thank me later.

40 minutes ago, richfiles said:

The soil lab is about to start winding down. 

Martian terraformers in a dust storm???

P.S.
Btw, an argument for your employer: "Why do you need somebody else? Imagine that this is Mars. Where would you take him? What? It's not a Mars? Don't you think that Earth is less important?!"

I lashed out today at school. All day long, my classmates were giving me a hard time, throwing my stuff around, making insults, and I just kept thinking 'At lunchtime, I can go on my laptop and browse the forums and it'll be ok. It'll calm me down'. But when I reached my locker, got out my lunch, and opened up the forums,  the person who's locker is next to me decided to be an a-hole, using the touchscreen on my pc to close my tabs, taking out my headphone jack, and kicking my laptop case around. I was telling him to stop, but he wouldn't listen, so I punched him right in the face. I don't care if he goes and tells people about it. I don't care if I receive a detention or suspension. Right now this website is the only place that I feel safe and welcome, with nice, friendly people to talk to, away from the madness of the outside world.

13 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Right now this website is the only place that I feel safe and welcome, with nice, friendly people to talk to, away from the madness of the outside world.

Sometimes I feel like this too, and have definitely lashed out like this. I know that this is default advice, but try to A:get your stuff and run away then B: tell an adult. I didn't get in trouble the last time I freaked out (a guy kept jabbing me in the kidneys repeatedly) as it was clearly self defense, but that almost never works. I'm still surprised I didn't get detention or ISS, only got banned from science labs from the rest of the year.

This isn't an exception- just try not to flip out again. My trick for managing the anger associated with idiots at school is mentally punching them in the face, or choreographing a fight scene where I kick said person's butt into next week. Try it next time :)

Here in the land of Honey-Do, she washed my painting drop-cloths and folded and put them away... and she doesn't remember where. So now, house interior renovation progress is at a complete and total halt. :wacko:

Who the hell washes and folds paining drop-cloths?!?!? :blink:

I'm truly at a loss here.

32 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Here in the land of Honey-Do, she washed my painting drop-cloths and folded and put them away... and she doesn't remember where. So now, house interior renovation progress is at a complete and total halt. :wacko:

Who the hell washes and folds paining drop-cloths?!?!? :blink:

I'm truly at a loss here.

Lol

One day she’ll change the sheets on the bed and wonder why the ones she pulled out of the linen closet are all coarse and paint-spattered 

Apple announces new products and doesn't update the iMac.

Yeah, they're expensive, but my current iMac started having some hardware issues after ~7.5 years (I can play KSP on it with all kinds of mods just fine), and it makes zero noise. I have a gaming PC, but even with attempts to make it quiet it is like a hairdryer in comparison to my i7 iMac---which before I opened it up and put an SSD in had hard drive noise that annoyed me (meaning I could sometimes hear the HD doing something).

So while I can always go downstairs and use the PC, I like being able to sit in the (small) den while my wife is watching TV and not disturb her.

Annoying af.

2 minutes ago, tater said:

Yeah, they're expensive, but my current iMac started having some hardware issues after ~7.5 years (I can play KSP on it with all kinds of mods just fine), and it makes zero noise. I have a gaming PC, but even with attempts to make it quiet it is like a hairdryer in comparison to my i7 iMac---which before I opened it up and put an SSD in had hard drive noise that annoyed me (meaning I could sometimes hear the HD doing something).

So while I can always go downstairs and use the PC, I like being able to sit in the (small) den while my wife is watching TV and not disturb her.

Annoying af.

Apple's business plan is to release a new device every year, so people buy it, and hen most people will use that device for like 3 to 4 years, until Apple then releases a new iOS update that seems to slow down your device, basically making you want to purchase the newest Apple device, have it stop working after a few years, buy the next new device, and so on so forth. It's this kind of 'planned obsolescence' that nearly all technology companies use. 

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Apple's business plan is to release a new device every year, so people buy it, and hen most people will use that device for like 3 to 4 years, until Apple then releases a new iOS update that seems to slow down your device, basically making you want to purchase the newest Apple device, have it stop working after a few years, buy the next new device, and so on so forth. It's this kind of 'planned obsolescence' that nearly all technology companies use. 

They updated iMac last year (desktop computer, and my primary KSP rig). I don't want last year's i7, I want it to be new for ~2 grand.

I bought the one I am typing on as a refurb (from Apple, so full warranty) at a discount of 15-20% (always a good deal, since so much as a bad pixel on the screen and I would have brought it by the Apple store and they would have given me a brand new one), and the machine has lasted 8 years (once I get a new one I will take this one apart again and maybe fix the GPU (chip needs to be reseated)). I spend a lot less on a PC (half), but I also end up updating them way more than every 8 years (usually incrementally), so the cost ends up not being any cheaper. (though I fully admit as a non-partisan computer person that the PC is way faster for 1/2 the price on most everything)

I can't stress how nice it is to have a computer I can play my fave game on that literally makes ZERO noise. Not low noise, NO noise. No fan, not even the sound of a HD.

Edited by tater

11 hours ago, tater said:

Annoying af.

Do you use the iMac because of the operating system? If yes, then try building a HackIntosh- download MacOS and put it on a custom built or store bought PC.

Some people also put insulating foam inside the cases for sound purposes, and drill a few holes so it doesn't melt.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I forgot to put a fork in my lunch when I went to work. Eating spaghetti with a small plastic spoon was... challenging. 

When I was on travel once, I ended up in a motel eating an order of fried rice with a pocket knife.

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I forgot to put a fork in my lunch when I went to work. Eating spaghetti with a small plastic spoon was... challenging. 

You could have turned it into a spork with a pair of scissors.