Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

54 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

But what was really difficult about Louisiana was peek mosquito season, which begins January 1st and ends on December 31st. During that time, our local parish highway department would make sure the appropriate warning signs were posted within the state's many state parks and campgrounds...

What's happened here is it's been a couple weeks now since the hurricane, and the little buggers have had a chance to really get going in all the flooded areas... and are back in force... bleh.... :mad:

This week, I got SLAMMED at work...

One person called in sick on Tuesday...
Another called in stupid on Thursday...

I could complain that i'm dead tired, but I really can't... It was for a good cause.
I got up at 1:30 int he morning to stand in line in front of a Walmart, to guarantee I'd get a Nintendo SNES Classic Mini. :D
Still dead tired though...

2 hours ago, richfiles said:

I got up at 1:30 int he morning to stand in line in front of a Walmart, to guarantee I'd get a Nintendo SNES Classic Mini. :D

Well, did you get one?

It took 6 weeks since the order of a book via amazon to the delivery today.

6 bloody weeks for a simple book, worth 45,90 (euro).

Customs is the culprit. The Canaries aren't Europe taxwise like the Spanish mainland and i, as a German "emigrant", am used to have an order on the desk after 3 days, and only if it's not pressing. They changed the import rules this year to let goods up to 150,- just pass but apparently the bureau-crazy Spaniards don't know yet. The parcel was x-rayed, an enterprise i never heard of asked for my personal data like tax identification number and things, via email. I told them to do things where the sun doesn't shine, am i loco to hand out such data via email ?

One doesn't need to be too bright to realize that these nonsensical laws just cost the economy A LOT ...

Ok. will go reading now.

Edited by Green Baron

11 hours ago, richfiles said:

This week, I got SLAMMED at work...

Wait you can call in STUPID!!!??

I've been missing out on so much...

20 hours ago, richfiles said:

8 hours ago, p1t1o said:

I knew a few back in my factory working days that fell into this category all the time... lmao.... :confused:

A little update on the broken headphone plug stuck in the jack problem. (Spoiler alert: its still stuck in there!)

I tried the BIC pen trick, but some how it just does not work. I dont know we really have to force it in the headphone jack in order for it to work. I also tried to use a cotton swab tube but neither did that work. I could be doing it wrong.

My dad tried to use superglue to pull it out both with a toothpick and BIC pen tube, that did not work neither. I don't have any superglue at home (that i know of), i do want to find or maybe buy some to try it myself.

Kinetic Energy does not work. Tweezers also do not work, we would have to get our hands on medical tweezers wich are hard to get (apparently).

We haven't tried a bent thumbnack on a pin or safety pins, yet.

EDIT: and something went wrong with posting this on the forum so everything i just typed got repeated like 6 times.

Edited by NSEP

On 9/30/2017 at 12:15 AM, qzgy said:

Well, did you get one?

Yeah, I did indeed get one! It's a pretty cool little gadget! :D

Don't pay stupid ebay prices for it though. Nintendo ramped up production, compared the NES classic last year. I wish they had done the controller ports differently. It has a stupid flap covering them... It looks pretty stupid. If I had designed it, I'd have had the ports in a recess in the bottom, with the cords coming out underneath the front edge of the unit. Instead, you have to pop off a flap on the front, to reveal the real connector ports underneath. That's my only gripe... What matters is the games! I started playing a little Earthbound. Then I tried to play the first level of Star Fox (which is required to unlock Star Fox 2)... I died the first try... :/

On 9/30/2017 at 9:02 AM, p1t1o said:

He moves in with shady people, then is surprised when shady people try to extort money from him. He moves out, then eventually repeats, cause he never learns.
Trust me... You're not missing out on anything.

Well this one has to do with Kopernicus and someone making requests. He seems to think im some kind of Planet Pack Miracle worker. He asked me to make:

1. A Gas Giant named Titan with Auroras and Storms.

2. A europa-like moon with a few holes for an ocean

3. A laythe-like moon with pink oceans

3. On one of the moons, an easter egg that looked like the USS Enterprise.

And Ive barely got texturing down!

PS He also wants Full scatterer compatibiltiy, cassini parts, and oceans on the gas giant

Edited by DeltaDizzy

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Well this one has to do with Kopernicus and someone making requests. He seems to think im some kind of Planet Pack Miracle worker. He asked me to make:
**A list of his demands**

Oh, that's all... :rolleyes:
I swear, some people think it's trivially easy to just create stuff.

Edited by richfiles
I swear, I'll blow the hostage away if you don't make me a planet to flee too... and I want a rocket to get there in! ... And NO funny business!

well that's always something to start with ; ) let's see how it goes ^^ xDr

"idea(s) are like tree(s) ; many roots in the past, a present trunk, and many branch in the futur, sometime you harverst the fruit, seeds,  leaf yourself, sometime not"

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
never heard xDr when ho this time i really feel old, can't wait for alzeihmer instead of rewriting the same sentence and singing the same song xDr

4 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Good dog. Tell him to wake you up when Orion rises:-)

It was cloudy here until the early morning hours. Clear sky above the low-mid cloud layer.

Orion is high in the sky here already... and this is something I'll complain about...

Betelgeuse hasn't blown up yet!!!

Every night I go out, look up at Orion's shoulder, and yell, "BOOM!"...

But nope... nothing... :mad:

Come on... it's far enough away not to hurt us, but also close enough it should light up the sky... and is looking like it's ready to go anytime.

I want to see a Super-Nova!!!

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Orion is high in the sky here already... and this is something I'll complain about...

Every night I go out, look up at Orion's shoulder, and yell, "BOOM!"...

But nope... nothing... :mad:

Come on... it's far enough away not to hurt us, but also close enough it should light up the sky... and is looking like it's ready to go anytime.

I want to see a Super-Nova!!!

Crikey! Imagine looking at a star just (yes, internet, I know about lightspeed delay, you know what I mean) as it goes nova! The odds!

That would be the coolest thing!

I do like to say dramatic things during lightning storms, in case it gets punctuated by a well timed peal of thunder...

"Oh yes...yes..I will have my REVENGE!!!" <KRACKADOOOOOOM!!!> "MWAHAHAHAHA!!"

Edited by p1t1o

23 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Crikey! Imagine looking at a star just (yes, internet, I know about lightspeed delay, you know what I mean) as it goes nova! The odds!

That would be the coolest thing!

Yeah it would!

Unfortunately when I say it could blow anytime, that's still in astronomical terms, and might not be for another 500 years... But from what I've read, it could also be as soon as tomorrow night.... 

"Boom!"

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Sure ? It's ~220pc away.

There are several other aspirant candidates for supernovae in the vicinity, one much closer, i just don't remember which one ... the age, you know, how is called, if one forgets everything :-)

I'm sick of repeating myself to the nurses in the hospital. It's high time they start making notes in the chart - and reading them!

I've about five or six other issues I could rant about here, but I'll spare you.

If you are temping at a company, please do not have a long and animated conversation about sueing the healthcare system for misdiagnosing your...rectal bleeding...with someone you have just met.

I dont know you, talking for that long, with that amount of anger, about that number of alleged cases of "malpractice" involving that number of guilty parties....I am going to assume the problem lies with you.

Yes, some of you are thinking "Thats not fair, it could easily be a legitimate case!".

That is all well and good but blindsiding a stranger with a long and incredible tale involving your malfunctioning anus, is not going to endear me to your case.

just gonna say that as i have been a few month without seein any world news, stuck at home, avoiding news kind of pop up , adds and whatever of that kind and all,

and well restarted to watch a littl' since a week or so, because spent a few hours per days with some family, and they have a radio and/or tv turned on, and it's a bit depressing after not seein any news for long ...