[1.8.1 - 1.9.x] KerbalKomets - Add komets to your game!

Angelo Kerman

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Now that KSP 1.10 is out, we can see that the in-game comets do everything that I wanted to do with Kerbal Komets. I'm happy to say that I won't provide Kerbal Komets support for KSP 1.10. There are still people, including me, that use older versions so the mod will be around, but use it in KSP 1.10 at your own risk.

This mod is dying a very honorable death after a long(ish) and useful life. Many thanks @Angel-125

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Now that KSP 1.10 is out, we can see that the in-game comets do everything that I wanted to do with Kerbal Komets. I'm happy to say that I won't provide Kerbal Komets support for KSP 1.10. There are still people, including me, that use older versions so the mod will be around, but use it in KSP 1.10 at your own risk.

@Angel-125 It's always bittersweet when a mod you've slaved over suddenly appears in stock.  On the one hand, there is all that work, on the other, vindication.  It's happened to me several times.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this and other mods.

• 1 month later...

@Angel-125

I was testing my 1.9.1 game in 1.10.1, and got a lot of errors in flight:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CometVFXController.LateUpdate () [0x00156] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I looked at your code, it doesn't appear to be in there (it was a fast look).  Would there be a compatiblity issue between this mod and 10.1?

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Angel-125

I was testing my 1.9.1 game in 1.10.1, and got a lot of errors in flight:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CometVFXController.LateUpdate () [0x00156] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I looked at your code, it doesn't appear to be in there (it was a fast look).  Would there be a compatiblity issue between this mod and 10.1?

It could be, yeah.

24 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It could be, yeah.

Well, if there is, I can't find it.

I removed your mod, and the issue still happens.  I created a new save as a test and no problem.

So all I can think of is that there is something initialized in a new game which is missing in older saves.

Yuck.  Lots of text reading ahead of me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.