What Would A Kerbal Movie Be About?

KAL 9000

8 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Did anybody already suggest a director?

I don't know who it is that directed them off hand, but I am in awe of the newest Kong and Godzilla movies... Someone finally got them right... but they might be way too realistic for a KSP movie. I'm going to go out on a limb... in terms of pure Campy-ness, so to speak, and director of the only Lovecraft style movie I ever really liked (not actually written by Lovecraft), I would love to the epic John Carpenter as director.

Edited by Just Jim

6 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

Why not lucas ; ) since he sold the star wars franchise to disney he might have some time for it's kerbal now ^^

You dare trust the man who was responsible for creating DARTH JAR JAR, A PLAGUE ON THE ENTIRE CIVILIZED GALAXY?! 

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Or Ridley Scott. This would open the dark abyss of philosophy hidden under silly smiling green Kerbal faces and reveal their origin.

Alien: Kerbal Style 

I can see the Kerbals coming after the aliens with booster flamethrowers now...

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Or Ridley Scott. This would open the dark abyss of philosophy hidden under silly smiling green Kerbal faces and reveal their origin.

Wow... Scott would definitely put a really..... interesting.... spin on things... lmao..... :0.0:

4 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Peter Jackson would give it a Bad Taste, and Abrams would flare everything. Spielberg is good for creating a sense of wonder though

I see what you did there. :) 

Agree that Spielberg would be a good choice. Or how about Ron Howard? He made a good job of Apollo 13.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:02 PM, KAL 9000 said:

I think we all agree that KSP would look great on the big screen. WE COULD GET MOAR BACKSTORY YAY!

Anyway, let's say it's five years in the future. KSP has become as popular as Minecraft (hopefully), and some film studios are thinking about making a movie. 

We bring a good director, excellent staff, and talented actors on board, as well as a $500 million budget (totally not realistic, but this is hypothetical).

WHAT DO YOU WANT THE KERBAL MOVIE TO BE ABOUT?

Some of my ideas: 

-The beginnings of the space program, the Right Stuff.

-The Dunian (It sells itself!)

-Kerbfleet: The Movie 

-Spy thriller starring Special Agent Kirrim 

What ideas do you have?

The Right Stuff in ksp?! that's messed up, man.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.