KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, Profit- said:

I mean you are working with such a heavy mod load... Perhaps try removing KWRocketry since it is the parts it stalls on, but I am thinking that is just where it runs out of memory. 

You are also getting this spammed over and over -> 

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'Contracts.Agents::AgentMentality'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

I really do not know what mod that is dealing with.. I am betteing it is one of the science mods, but I really dont know. 

Thanks, I'll have a play around. Most of the part mods I have installed have been pruned to remove a lot of parts and stock items, so its not as much as it appears :)

I always thought we had the almost 4gig to play with so wasn't looking at the 2gig as it loads, I will tweak/remove some items to get it below that when it loads. Any idea why deleting the module manager cache does let it load?

Not sure about that contracts error, noticed it the other day but not looked into that yet.

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

Does the OP on this thread look messed up to anyone else? Like markup code everywhere, broken tables, and such?

it was messed up in the forum upgrade

22 hours ago, Torih said:

Thanks, I'll have a play around. Most of the part mods I have installed have been pruned to remove a lot of parts and stock items, so its not as much as it appears :)

I always thought we had the almost 4gig to play with so wasn't looking at the 2gig as it loads, I will tweak/remove some items to get it below that when it loads. Any idea why deleting the module manager cache does let it load?

Not sure about that contracts error, noticed it the other day but not looked into that yet.

I have  to be honest, I have no idea, and the only way I can really think to investigate this is if you were to pack your entire gamedata folder and share it somehow. 

Hi,

great work to your mod. But hard to get in that topic.

I checked the documentation and the wiki. But it looks a little bit outdated.

I try to find some informations about the orbital supercollider but i can't find anything how it works. Maybe someone can explain it or update the wiki/documentation?

On 1/11/2016 at 6:45 AM, OnkelUhu said:

Hi,

great work to your mod. But hard to get in that topic.

I checked the documentation and the wiki. But it looks a little bit outdated.

I try to find some informations about the orbital supercollider but i can't find anything how it works. Maybe someone can explain it or update the wiki/documentation?

There is a generalized lack of information in part of its because the mod is in flux at the current point.  For example the super collider you're speaking of currently in 1.05 does not work correctly due to a bug that was introduced in the update. When the model is fixed it works just like any other science experiment except it requires a lot more power and a bit more time.  It is a lot of trouble to get into orbit but it is one of the premier science experiments in the game.  

I will try and help you any way I can but just so you know several the reactors do not work because of the update.  

Hi Profit,

thanks for your answer, I read about the bug, and i found a way to life with that don't worry. :)

My problem was, that some parts are also missing in the wiki and at the moment i test around to learn by myself how things work.

Just an idea for your project. release some tuorials and link it here to that thread so maybe it is easier for newcomers like me. :)

10 hours ago, OnkelUhu said:

Hi Profit,

thanks for your answer, I read about the bug, and i found a way to life with that don't worry. :)

My problem was, that some parts are also missing in the wiki and at the moment i test around to learn by myself how things work.

Just an idea for your project. release some tuorials and link it here to that thread so maybe it is easier for newcomers like me. :)

It is not my project, I just help out around here.  But yeah the wiki does need a lot of updates.  Maybe with 1.1 and some outstanding things settled i will see if i can contribute to updating that.

HI,

I'm having some problems with reactors when trying to change its fuel modes. For example I can't change the fuel mode for the tokamak reactor from deuterium-tritium to deuterium-helium3.

I made a fresh install only with this mod and I'm having the same issues.

I don't know if someone else is having the same problems or if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks,

Andrés.

24 minutes ago, andrestirabo said:

HI,

I'm having some problems with reactors when trying to change its fuel modes. For example I can't change the fuel mode for the tokamak reactor from deuterium-tritium to deuterium-helium3.

I made a fresh install only with this mod and I'm having the same issues.

I don't know if someone else is having the same problems or if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks,

Andrés.

Do you have all the tech or are you in sandbox mode?  If you do not have enough tech, you're stuck with d-t

Try sandbox and see if it works 

Edited by Profit-

15 hours ago, andrestirabo said:

Hi Profit,

Thanks for answering, you are right.

One last question: when I use the dusty-plasma reactor the game runs very slow. Is just me or is a common problem?

Thanks

Yes, this is a known problem since 1.05.  the models need to be changed

First off I'm back to playing after a long haitus so sorry if I ask a stupid question.

Since the forum has seemingly been messed up (I assume in transfer) I can't access the beginners guide/wiki that were probably linked in the first post. Can someone relink those please?

Secondly, I'm setting up a new install of the game for myself (non 64 bit cause I'm too lazy to get that set up) and I don't quite know what mods are actually included in KSPI Extended. The first post mentions real fuels Remote Tech, TAC, RSS and so on. But upon installation they are quite clearly not there. What mods do I have to download separately?

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

What is needed is included in the zip, you don't need anything else.

I was confused because I was downloading it through CKAN. I now see that all these are seemingly not in the zip so I guess I'll have to download them separately:

Sorry about the confusion, the wording of the post made me think they're all already in.

Edited by Victuz

6 hours ago, Victuz said:

I was confused because I was downloading it through CKAN. I now see that all these are seemingly not in the zip so I guess I'll have to download them separately:

Sorry about the confusion, the wording of the post made me think they're all already in.

Those are suggested mods, not dependencies...

2 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

For some reason my game crashes when running with Interstellar Extended, I'm using RSS so is it not compatible with it or something ?

Also sometimes it gets stuck on a loading screen.

Actually it seems to have an issue with Real Fuels. Can you link your logs please?

I have a problem, Alcubierre Drive´s and Microwave Transceiver deplete all my Megajoules if active.

This kills Computer Cors (normal Probes are ok) and causes heating problem at Fusion Reactors.

Is this a Bug, a  feature or i´m the only one who has this problem.

Edited by EnigmaG

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

If you use the microwave transceiver as a transmitter it will deplete all your Megajoules, otherwise not. For the Warp Drive, are you sure to have the right reactor?

Ok if i overkill it, it does´t go down to 0. But a normal 4c setup does. In my book the vital Things (Reactors, Computer Cors and DC-power) should have first priority, the non vital With a fixed demand second and the things the take what the get ( transmitter and Alcubierre) should only get  what`s  left.

I've discovered something interesting.. not sure yet if this is a compatibility issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads, but it appears that I can replicate a form of this without the EPL mod.

The problem is with a fully-upgraded tech tree using molten salt reactors.  You might be wondering why I'd use a molten salt reactor when i've got access to everything; the reason is, the molten salt reactors have *amazing* longevity.  Problem is they have, in the VAB, 2 fuel mods - Uranium Flouride and Thorium [Fluoride].  In fully upgraded mode they appear to want to run on "EnrichedUranium" instead of "UF4" - and the radial UF4 tanks (the ones that say UF4 on them) now contain EnrichedUranium instead of UF4.  This seems like it might be a bug?  With EPL if I select the Thorium mode, to make everything match, when I build the thing in orbit it goes back to EnrichedUranium mode and there's no way to change it at that point, so it's starved for fuel and fails.  So.. I guess what the 'ask' is here is either to figure out why the reactor mode is not honoring my VAB setting (probably a question for the EPL folks), and, for FreeThinker, when the upgrades are unlocked, make the molten salt reactor carry EnrichedUranium internally instead of UF4... would that be possible?

EDIT: Nevermind that last bit - it seems that EPL always builds the moltensalt reactor in "Enriched Uranium" mode - which is not a valid fuel mode for that reactor when you build it any *other* way, so.. seems an EPL bug to me.

Edited by ss8913

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.